Dexter Season 8 - Premeres June 30th - 2min sneak peak

b93e05b35babdd1b8c278cc244d365aa.jpg

sure they can make it like a learning experience and his way through perfecting it but in this day and age, its just pure BS if he doesnt get caught right away after chieftain deb caught dex from prick marks on the neck... him not getting caught via ring camera or random surveillance would just be pure BS at this point

:rofl:

Well.......I look at it as a do-over. 8 seasons, they completely whiffed on S8, came back and finished strong. Can't be mad at that.

Thing is, we all wanted him to get away again.

I would have loved him in LA, on the run, Batista/Quinn/Masuka in the fold lookin for him with the FBI. Maybe even Angela reluctantly helpin him with a good enough excuse/story. Deb still in his ear etc.

Harrison got darkness, but not a dark passenger. They could miss me with the daddy issues bull **** but whatever.

His letter to Blondie, "let me die so my son could live....." He rather his own son do it (and potentially get rid of his darkness) than face old sparky.

But Harrison bein loyal to his coach rather than fully understanding the code was a bit weak.

Chief Squidward cracking the bay Harbor Butcher off some Google photos was also a bit of a stretch. (Same girl couldn't spot a dude in her own city takin women for 25 years......)

Be funny if Angela's daughter was pregnant with Harrison's kid. :lol:

You trippin trippin

Yea I would have loved one more season with him on the run……entire world knowing….in LA and/or Europe….they could have done a good story line to end it…..Miami metro should have gotten the W…..

Yea that was also odd, Logan best guy on the show….but really Harrison is that touched by this guy after a month? To decide to now separate from your dad that you fought so hard to connect with…,…
..rewatching now
It was Harrison’s fault….blew dex cover by telling that chick his real name…..he feels no guilt at all it seems??
Dex should have left that town soon as Harrison showed up…..honestly the town handled it way too well that dex never told them about having a son…..

Last edited:
I can’t say I really wanted Dexter to die but ultimately I started realize he would because Dexter seemed way more of a nutcase this season than prior years. I feel like they used Harrison to illustrate how stupid the code is. Like if the first/primary rule is don’t get caught everything else is really just bull**** in all honesty. It can’t be I’m going to kill bad people but if I get caught doing so I’ll kill any innocent person in my way. And this is basically why Deb told him to leave the kid alone.

We were definitely robbed of a Batista/Dexter scene tho. Definitely agree Miami should’ve been the ones to take him down.

Definitely agree a season of him really on the run with the world knowing who he is would’ve been dope, but I get the route they chose.

Wish we would’ve got more insight on how Harrison/Dexter got to Iron Lake, I’d rather see that than a full blown Harrison show.

No mention of Cody and Astor was weird though. I understand Dexter not having a need to bring them up but I don’t get Harrison not, they’re literally Harrison’s siblings and a connection to Rita. At this point they’re probably mid twenties, if it was me I’d personally have more interest in locating them than the guy who left me an orphan in Argentina.

Hated this season and I hated Harrison. Would of preferred for dexter to kill him to be honest. Kid was too self righteous and never got humbled by anyone. He came all the way to NY to choose the life of his coach over his father (who he had just connected with). Made no sense to me. But I can see why dexter chose to die to his hands since that was his son.

Thought the season was good up until the finale and that it was laying groundwork for another season of Dexter + Harrison development. Now it just seems rushed.

Bringing Batista into the show and not giving us him and Dex together on screen is wack.

Thought the season was good up until the finale and that it was laying groundwork for another season of Dexter + Harrison development. Now it just seems rushed.

Bringing Batista into the show and not giving us him and Dex together on screen is wack.
Yea this was my problem as well, it seemed like they started to set up different things then either dropped it or rushed thru…Why even bring Bautista back up if yo never gon pull up in town? What was the point of the rich dude in the beginning? Dexter connected with Harrison in like one episode and that was it, what would Harrison have even really learned bout the code/killing in that lil time anyway? N he obviously rocked with his wrestling coach more than this pops who he showed up outta nowhere to find, but they barely had any scenes showing why this would even be the case :smh: :lol:

Yea this was my problem as well, it seemed like they started to set up different things then either dropped it or rushed thru…Why even bring Bautista back up if yo never gon pull up in town? What was the point of the rich dude in the beginning? Dexter connected with Harrison in like one episode and that was it, what would Harrison have even really learned bout the code/killing in that lil time anyway? N he obviously rocked with his wrestling coach more than this pops who he showed up outta nowhere to find, but they barely had any scenes showing why this would even be the case :smh: :lol:
Damn I completely forgot about the rich dude tbh :lol:

The main thing that kills a sequel or follow up season is what Harriosn admitted before killing Dexter.

He said he's not like his father. He's angry cuz of him abandoning him. He just wants a normal life. So right there he's just a ****ed up white kid that should be in juve for framing a nerd for basically being a school shooter.

Him going on to serial kill as if he has a dark passenger, Dexter being his dark passenger, and him trying to justify it as saving innocents completely betrays the finale and killing Dexter. Might as well have kept him alive to properly teach him.

I also thought Dexter snapped Logan's neck but im not so sure. If you watch the part where Angela comes to check on Logan, looks like dude has a bullet wound in the middle of his forehead.

Screenshot_20220111-082718.png
Screenshot_20220111-082728.png

I hope that's not the case because it would make this ending even more ridiculous.

The main thing that kills a sequel or follow up season is what Harriosn admitted before killing Dexter.

He said he's not like his father. He's angry cuz of him abandoning him. He just wants a normal life. So right there he's just a ****ed up white kid that should be in juve for framing a nerd for basically being a school shooter.

Him going on to serial kill as if he has a dark passenger, Dexter being his dark passenger, and him trying to justify it as saving innocents completely betrays the finale and killing Dexter. Might as well have kept him alive to properly teach him.
for me, it made sense. I already had a hunch that Harrison is only a misguided teen with anger issues on Dexter. despite the trauma that he suffered as a baby, he was still fine as compared to Dexter who developed urges for killing. Dexter never had a normal life and detached with people and feelings, someone can be called a sociopath as well. Harrison behaves like a normal kid but knows how to work his way around people. I think the final straw to his sensibility or normalcy was Dexter killing Logan. all the justification just went out of the window. in the end, it didn't matter coz Dexter kills whether if it was an innocent person or not. Harrison looked up to him as sort of a hero but seeing his father is nothing more than a killer broke him even more. Dexter finally realized it and saw the people that died to control his urges including the people close to him. it's not a perfect ending but it's a good ending imo.

the series is an open interpretation. it can be the series finale or open for a sequel.

I also thought Dexter snapped Logan's neck but im not so sure. If you watch the part where Angela comes to check on Logan, looks like dude has a bullet wound in the middle of his forehead.

Screenshot_20220111-082718.png
Screenshot_20220111-082728.png

I hope that's not the case because it would make this ending even more ridiculous.
That's a wound from Dexter banging his head against the cell bars.

Everybody should rewatch that scene I guess :lol:

for me, it made sense. I already had a hunch that Harrison is only a misguided teen with anger issues on Dexter. despite the trauma that he suffered as a baby, he was still fine as compared to Dexter who developed urges for killing. Dexter never had a normal life and detached with people and feelings, someone can be called a sociopath as well. Harrison behaves like a normal kid but knows how to work his way around people. I think the final straw to his sensibility or normalcy was Dexter killing Logan. all the justification just went out of the window. in the end, it didn't matter coz Dexter kills whether if it was an innocent person or not. Harrison looked up to him as sort of a hero but seeing his father is nothing more than a killer broke him even more. Dexter finally realized it and saw the people that died to control his urges including the people close to him. it's not a perfect ending but it's a good ending imo.

the series is an open interpretation. it can be the series finale or open for a sequel.
It makes sense but only if Harrison doesn't go on to become a serial killer. If he does its trash.

As for Dexter and innocents dying, the writing rode that edge so well even for 8 seasons and the show going trash. Dexter never killed innocents like that. Other ppl did or they died cuz they chose to get themselves in dangerous situations pursuing Dexter and their hunch.

****ing Deb killed Laguerta. She's the scumbag murderer. Dexter literally had his hands up ready to be arrested and accept his fate.

Doakes was an a-hole but its not like Dexter cut him up.

This whole idea of ppl dying cuz of Dexter is bull ****. Most would've died anyway cuz there were still a high clip of serial killers showing up in Miami. They cant blame Trinity killing his wife on him. Trinity shows up to Miami regardless and kills blond moms every 3 days or whatever the **** it was.

:rofl: @ Deb's death being his fault. Harry apparently was partnered with a crazy psychiatrist with her own serial killing son/patient.

Given the amount of criminals Dexter killed that got away with it that the police could no longer touch or had no clue about even if it wasn't his intention he did save more lives than he took.

While I'm fine with this end for Dexter. The trial of Dexter Morgan would've been better.

While I'm fine with this end for Dexter. The trial of Dexter Morgan would've been better.

You get it. I'm right there with you.

Think of the imagery/dialogue they could put together. Worldwide case, everyone watchin, give him the Electric chair (which takes months to get to) boom, new killer out in the wild, FBI befuddled, let's get our Hannibal rip off on. :lol:

Done right, Dex accepts his fate, he sits and breaks down every single death, the who, the why, the circumstances. Yes, he killed people. But he also got some really bad folks before they got theirs. People WOULD start to sway, just like all of us. My wife and I talked all the time, we was straight rootin for a damn serial killer talkin to his dead dad. :lol: :rofl:

As for Harrison, man, I thought they were doin it right. He showed up with a lil more skill than we should expect. Maybe Hanna taught him some **** :nerd: (Which would have been awesome) Damn near Jedi like. He got some skills from his step mom, but now dad gon complete his training. :pimp:

I'm ok with what they did, but I feel like this time, they left some meat on the bone. They could have got real big with the stakes. They could have used flashbacks to victims, Rita scenes, Deb, Doakes, Lundy, Laguerta, etc. Could have introduced the adult kids coming in to make sense of it. Angela thinking he's the bad guy, but finding out he actually did some good.

Gone Baby Gone type ending. Where the moral dilemma weighs on you more than you think.

You get it. I'm right there with you.

Think of the imagery/dialogue they could put together. Worldwide case, everyone watchin, give him the Electric chair (which takes months to get to) boom, new killer out in the wild, FBI befuddled, let's get our Hannibal rip off on. :lol:

Done right, Dex accepts his fate, he sits and breaks down every single death, the who, the why, the circumstances. Yes, he killed people. But he also got some really bad folks before they got theirs. People WOULD start to sway, just like all of us. My wife and I talked all the time, we was straight rootin for a damn serial killer talkin to his dead dad. :lol: :rofl:

As for Harrison, man, I thought they were doin it right. He showed up with a lil more skill than we should expect. Maybe Hanna taught him some **** :nerd: (Which would have been awesome) Damn near Jedi like. He got some skills from his step mom, but now dad gon complete his training. :pimp:

I'm ok with what they did, but I feel like this time, they left some meat on the bone. They could have got real big with the stakes. They could have used flashbacks to victims, Rita scenes, Deb, Doakes, Lundy, Laguerta, etc. Could have introduced the adult kids coming in to make sense of it. Angela thinking he's the bad guy, but finding out he actually did some good.

Gone Baby Gone type ending. Where the moral dilemma weighs on you more than you think.
Yeah man, we were pretty much on the same page since before s8. Its just you thought they got on the right track and were going one way but I was just unsure they were gonna stick the landing.

Then Deb was on Dexter's side, Hannah was still around in live with Dexter with no motive to kill anyone and nobody was trying to kill her, then a new serial killer of the season was introduced as if it was any other season and a plot filling in the back story of things that didn't really need to be filled out was brought in to take up time.

Sometimes I think what if they went in the complete opposite "unsatisifying" direction of tragedy for Dexter in the end and went with everything worked out? What if he killed that serial killer with mommy issues, got continued help from that psychiatrist, married Hannah, Deb got her **** together and squared away all that incest Dexter love, nobody got killed in that hurricane, and things just ended with Dexter raising Harrison in Miami with Hannah, maybe having more kids, he kept killing, left his children out of the know, and had Hannah and Deb backing him up?

Would've been an equal amount of uproar with different critics but in the end they could've done the same thing. 5-7 years down the road, do a 10 year time skip and then end things with Dexter's arrest, trial, and death.

Last edited:
Never cared or thought about a continuation to the Dexter story after the finale to the OG series. Yeah, it had a few hiccups, but I'll say I'm pretty happy with how this **** wrapped up.

Got me thinking they should do some **** for GoT to save that series :lol: I can't even think about going back to that series after S8

I wonder why he hadn't told Angela about Kirk's layer once he found it? It didn't even seem like he had any plans too, unless I missed something. From the looks of things, the only reason he told Angela about it was so he could escape which I was confused about. Am I bugging, because I thought once he gave Kirk to Angela it would put him in her good graces and maybe she'd let him go. Or, that he'd get away with it. I didn't expect them to prove he was the bay harbor butcher with the information they had.

I have no issues with the ending, because he turned into everything he hated and needed to be taken down as he said of several other people.

I wonder why he hadn't told Angela about Kirk's layer once he found it? It didn't even seem like he had any plans too, unless I missed something. From the looks of things, the only reason he told Angela about it was so he could escape which I was confused about. Am I bugging, because I thought once he gave Kirk to Angela it would put him in her good graces and maybe she'd let him go. Or, that he'd get away with it. I didn't expect them to prove he was the bay harbor butcher with the information they had.

How does he explain finding the lair? He surely would have eventually said he spotted something like with the drone or whatever, but he couldn't just be walkin on his property and trip over some branches, oh hey, I found a lair. :lol:

He wasn't going to be able to pin the ketamine and other guys because that linked to Miami, which was him, not Kurt. (and Kurt obviously only tracked women) He just needed to get her out of the station so he could make a move one on one.

Back
Top Bottom