Dez Bryant arrested after beating his own mother

[h1]Report: Dez Bryant arrested after attacking his mother[/h1]
We've certainly had quite the little parade of arrests through this NFL offseason, but few are as disturbing as this: On Monday, Dallas Cowboysreceiver Dez Bryant was arrested on charges of misdemeanor domestic violence, which stemmed from an incident that happened last Saturday. Bryant turned himself in to the DeSoto (Texas) police department after hearing of the charges, and was released from custody after posting $1,500 bail. However, and as first reported by Rebecca Lopez of WFAA-TV, the underlying reasons for Bryant's arrest should give serious pause.

"Desoto police say Dez Bryant assaulted his mother," Lopez wrote on her Twitter account. "Slapped her across the face and pulled her hair. Dez Bryant's mother says she had pain and swelling as a result of injuries according to a police report. Police report says Bryant's mother had asked him to leave when he allegedly assaulted her."

The Dallas Morning News crime blog had this to add:
Angela Bryant told police that she and her son got into an argument Saturday afternoon at her home in the 800 block of West Pleasant Run Road.

Police said the Lufkin native grabbed his mother by the T-shirt, causing it and her bra to tear, according to police documents. She said he then grabbed her by the hair and slapped her across the face with his ball cap.

When asked for a response by WFAA-TV, Bryant would only say, "I'm good. I'm good."

Bryant has been in trouble with the law before, though some of the charges have seemed skimpy  -- such as  the time when he was thrown out of an upscale mall in the Dallas area for allegedly using bad inappropriate language and wearing sagging pants. But there was also the alleged altercation at a Miami Beach nightclub in January -- Bryant was detained and released without arrest on that one. This, however, brings things to an entirely different level.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones seemed to know what he was getting into when he moved up in the 2010 NFL draft to take Bryant with the 24th overall pick out of Oklahoma State. In two seasons, Bryant has grabbed 108 receptions for 1,489 yards and 15 touchdowns, mixing incredible feats of football athleticism with bouts of maddening inconsistency.

"He has been frustrating and he has been elating," Jones said last November. "It's exactly what we thought when we drafted him right to the T. And so if we didn't plan on having a little frustration we should have gone a different direction. No surprises with him."

One would hope that this time, it's a surprise ... and not a very pleasant one.

Speechless...
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Lowlife, scumbag, loser...All synonymous with this bum. Couldn't care any less about this dude. I hope he's out of the NFL soon. This is just ridiculous.

As if the news couldn’t get worse for Dez Bryant, the 911 call from his mother, which was released Tuesday, adds another disturbing element to an already disturbing case.

According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Angela Bryant said during her call to authorities her son “tried to kill me,

Police said the Lufkin native grabbed his mother by the T-shirt, causing it and her bra to tear, according to police documents. She said he then grabbed her by the hair and slapped her across the face with his ball cap.

This exact thing happens everyday in America, and not getting slapped with a fitted either.
laugh.gif

Probably not the first time she got slapped.

Call me insensitive, but I don't pity this kind of stuff when it happens all the damn time all across the world. It ain't murder. And even if it was, you know how many people are murdered everyday? ~40 murders a day in the US.

There were a slew of other football players that got arrested on much worse charges these past few days. I wonder why the one involving the Cowboys gets its own topic...

Oh yea, how can I forget, it involves Americas' Team so naturally, its going to make national news. Its funny because people on this forum get so uptight when people bring up the fact that the Cowboys always have the highest rated games, always publicized, etc, when they fail to realize that YOU are the very reason all this occurs. Cowboys fans aren't the reason why we are always in the spotlight.

On that note, Dez Bryant, as it stands right now until more facts are revealed, is a scumbag and I will be changing my avi accordingly once I get the internet at home on Thursday.

Um, before we pile on Dez, let's take a moment to realize that his character is a direct result of his upbringing by this woman....

Being whored out by his dad for years, then getting knocked up doesn't really produce quality offspring.

I need to know more to this story before I crucify Dez. For all we know, she could have been pawning items off to get more drugs. I'll wait for more facts to come out.

*shrugs*

I think the headline for this story is sensationalized a bit, reading it you'd think he beat her within an inch of her life.

Either way though you can't put your hands on Moms Dez.
30t6p3b.gif

Might be time for Dez to sever ties with his people, Moms included

In trying to be optimistic, its very possible that his mother is still abusing drugs, Dez gets into an altercation with his half brother for being ignorant to the situation or not trying to be proactive in solving it, Mom intervenes, Dez snaps back out of his anger that shes still abusing drugs and possibly trying to justify it.

Either way, it doesn't justify him beating up his own mother. But if this anything to do with her abusing drugs I wouldnt be surprised.

I just find it hard to believe that Dez takes regular trips to his moms house to just beat on her for fun.

37 years old though? I knew about her background but didn't realize she was that young.

Dez can't put his hands on his mom like that, but let's be honest, he smacked her with a cap. She's fine. This is sensationalized.

Terrible all the way around
30t6p3b.gif

What's the full situation about his mom in the past though? I've heard some stuff that she's been a handful for Bryant, similar to
how stuff would keep coming up with Lebron's mom.

Back
Top Bottom