did anyone do the futuresole contest???

Originally Posted by C2HUI

AK47celtics - Do you mean the finalist LBJ sketch? If so, major props! Miles above anything else in my opinion.

Personally, I finished as a "runner up" and just get my name on the website.

Here were my designs. I can see the fact that they were black and white may have held them back. However, it terms of proportions, and design, these arent better than the variant cardinal Air Jordan VII.5?:

Alphaflight 2k8
317445503.jpg

i can deffinetly see myself wearing these for ball

Great job everybody! Way to Go, B! Yo- didn't I tell you all along?? Looks like you'll be working at Nike long before I will
wink.gif
lol -TH

Great job everybody! Way to Go, B! Yo- didn't I tell you all along?? Looks like you'll be working at Nike long before I will lol -TH

Haha...yeah man, you did. Thanks a lot.

I knew you'd make it BEn, congrats bro, great job. Beat everyone by far.
Hey next year IMa challenge you, hopefully they'll expand it to world wide and still keep it under 18. When you going to Portland?

Nice job from Ben. And congrats to Ben. I cant say it was a surprise to see your name as the finalist. Keep it up dude. Good luck too.

Great job Ben, I think anyone who saw your older work knew you were gonna win.

Heres mine, the Zoom Kobe IV. No laces, 8 straps on each shoe. The straps go under and through the tongue, wrapping it to the bottom of the upper. The tongueis sewn into the internal full length mesh bootie- which is sewn into the bottom of the shoe. This creates alot of resistance that "snaps" the shoeonto your foot when you let go of the tongue after you slide your foot in. Since there arent laces you can pull the tongue up alot and put your foot. When thetongue is strapped, it looks like a huge Shozoko. Full length zoom air with a slimmed down Phyposite Bucket in the ankle and toe. Segmented Nike Free outsolewith a narrow strip of carbon fiber throughout the shoe, and full width at the midfoot. This lets you move and feel flexible while still letting the shoemaintain its shape. The only visible carbon fiber is in teh shape of a shozoko.

Ya Ben, No surprise psshh...
laugh.gif
and I mean that as a compliment...I think this contest was almost unfair, because even though it isn't over, I think it is almost obvious you willwin...You have this age group SHUT DOWN..Just keep growing an working so you hold it, don't let it go...

And I agree with the semifinalists..Seriously I am AMAZED at some of them that made it...

C2HUI- You def. should have been a semi atleast..They are nicely drawn, and you can tell you actually put a lot of thought and effort into it...I actuallycan't belive they didn't put you up higher and over some of the others...Keep at it though...don't let it put you down...

Thanks arff...But yeah, like you said, I'm gonna give this final project my all and really try to push it further than I ever have before. When I'mdone with it, I want to know I've done everything I can to give myself the best chance at winning.

For those of you who are interested, here's a tape-up I did during the for my LeBron VI design, but didn't finish in time to submit to the contest:

28klpgi.jpg

Is this a goddamn joke? I mean Really?? A Spizzike 2? A collaged Nike Dunk?? A High heel, Kanye, Vandal Lookalike??? Yes I'm Mad. I mean, I know minewasn't going to win, but I know that there had to be many entries, that were much better than those semi finalists.

AK47CELTICS, yours is sick
pimp.gif

This is mine, it's not amazing, but it's a lot better than the spizzike 2 that was colored by a crayon.

airmax2jordans: Thanks man! Your design looks VERY good in my opinion. That second drawing (the lateral pencil drawing) is sick. Keep at it man!

I imagine that would be one of the best feelings ever...to have something you designed from scratch actually get made. That would be glass case material for me

Ya it is sick...Not actually a shoe though...Just a model...Still amazing though...

Back
Top Bottom