Did anyone watch the documentary on Len Bias?

I'm not sure if there was a thread about this already or not, but did anyone wach the documentary the other night on ESPN? I missed it due to the fact thatCox was down in my whole area.
indifferent.gif
I really wanted to see it though, so those of you who did, how was it? Is it going to air again? or come on video
nerd.gif
?

~aaronj

i caught that.. it was crazy man i had always wondered what exactly had happened

its crazy he just had a seizure like that, with the entire world at his feet..

Man it sounds like I missed something good.
frown.gif
not to sound dumb, but what is a 30 for 30?

Originally Posted by aaronj

Man it sounds like I missed something good.
frown.gif
not to sound dumb, but what is a 30 for 30?

A weekly special ESPN does about important moments in sports and athletes.

The Len Bias story tugged at the heart strings. Can't take anything for granted.

^ mannn are you serious?? the Len Bias documentary is airing again?? i still don't have cable and idk wth is going on with it.

mood: heated.

very good i showed it to my lil brother and was like c u gotta watch what u do.....and also it shows u dont have to be the best from the jump hard work gets uthere dude aint even start his first year in college and ended up being the man...very sad story then his lil brother dying acouple years later very sad.

yea, i didn't really know a whole lot about him and his brother until my mom filled me in like two years ago when she heard Ms. Bias speak at a women'sconference. my mom said it was very moving.

It was definitely good and sad. I never knew he had a younger brother who was nice at ball and died as well
tired.gif

yea it was a very good documentary.... what was crazy was the stronger enforcement of cocaine laws after his death that greatly increased the prison population

Originally Posted by kalikidd24

Great documentary, such a sad story.
+1

I didnt see the whole thing, but I caught most of it. From what I saw it was very good.

Very sad story. I remember my dad telling me about Len Bias when I was younger. He would always say, "You don't even want to try drugs. Len Biascouldve been just as good or better than Jordan. he tried drugs once and lost his life." I saw a documentary a few years ago about Len Bias that stated hemay have used drugs often. After this doc and watching interviews and highlights of Bias, I believe that was his first time. Especially when his father statedthat drugs were not found in his nose but his intestines. Wow! Could you imagine Bird and Bias playin together? The Celtics would've been a beast for yearsto come. SMH.

Back
Top Bottom