Diplomats VS State Property VOL. who was da better collective?

Diplomatic Immunity is the best album, solo or group

Beans is the best rapper

and Beans, Freeway, Chris, Peedi and Oschino can rap

and Cam, Rell, Writer and Juelz can rap

From top to bottom as rappers, State Property

Cam'ron is better than state property by himself.

Beans and Chris the only two state property members that were good and Chris got jacked for his flow by Joe camel so he never popped like he could've.

Dip set was a movement.

State property was just a b level clothing line.

Beans is the best rapper

You forgetting 40 Cal, his Broken Safety series was dope and highly underrated. A-Mafia also had a plethora of dope tracks and features. I don't remember any but I remembered I used to bump his ****. And let's not forget Purple City blessed the world with the hardest and most memorable opening lines of any song...ever.

Let's be real SP was a great crew but dipset is/was better

Way bigger movement
Had club bangers
Had cats wanting to become bloods
Cam and the pink movement
Juelz and the bandanas
Wayne borrowed their style
Dipset is one of the reasons why Ed hardy and tighter fitting clothes were popular amongst the urban crowd

I'm kinda shocked at the SP support on here but they weren't poppin like that on NT back then..the music thread was straight dipset from 03-07/08

The only reason I said SP > is strictly because of the b coming but I guarantee if u ask the avg rap fan they know nothing of SP besides the movie and maybe roc the mic

Last edited:
Jim's solo tapes, juelz back like cooked crack series, cams many mixtapes with his own protégés, hell rell the Ruger edition, jr writers block series :x :x :x :x :x :x :x DOG IT AIN'T EVEN CLOSE

Beans is the best rapper

King Los can rap better than all of them probably but does his catalog stand a candle to anybody ? Hell no. Dipset is just better bro in any shape of fashion

When your ex underling can do things like this, you wonder why this even a debate.

Nobody in SP can do it like this today. Not even the one lung bully.

Last edited:
Really tho i think its just preference

Dont get me wrong i love dipset but at their respective times, to me, dipset was the dream and sp was the reality.

My favorite album ever is its dark and hell is hot so thats where i lean in terms of substance

Let's be real SP was a great crew but dipset is/was better

Way bigger movement
Had club bangers
Had cats wanting to become bloods
Cam and the pink movement
Juelz and the bandanas
Wayne borrowed their style
Dipset is one of the reasons why Ed hardy and tighter fitting clothes were popular amongst the urban crowd

I'm kinda shocked at the SP support on here but they weren't poppin like that on NT back then..the music thread was straight dipset from 03-07/08

The only reason I said SP > is strictly because of the b coming but I guarantee if u ask the avg rap fan they know nothing of SP besides the movie and maybe roc the mic

All true.

SP is responsible for what may be the greatest rap song of all time though....."What we do" :pimp:

SP had the betters rappers. Dipset had more star power and the better catalog.

More of an SP dude myself. Which probably sounds crazy considering I spent a lot of my youth in and around Harlem.

Just ****** with their music more as a whole. And their aesthetic.

Dips definitely had some gems, but that whole oversized leather, pinwheel, bandana **** was always kind of goofy to me. And I can't stand Juelz on the mic.

Writer definitely a beast though. I ***** with Cam and Jimmy cool for what he does.

But the reality is Dips probably the better "collective" because they actually moved more like a "collective" than SP did IMO.

Yep.

Another thing is....i still listen to SP TODAY...I dont really bump old dipset songs. More cam songs than dipset.

Want me back 8)

Last edited:
The B Coming is better than every Cam album.

Young Gunz Tough Luz better than any Juelz, Writer or whatever bench player they had project.

Last edited:
Didn't think this would be that tough, but I think as a crew, Dipset > SP. SP doesn't have a group album anywhere close to Diplomatic Immunity. As individuals though, I think Beanie, Freeway, Young Chris, and even Neef & Peedi Crakk have a stronger catalog than Cam, Juelz, Jim Jones and honestly any other Dipset members you can mention. Other than JR Writer's 'Meet Jeus', which I was really surprised by recently, I've never heard entire solo projects from JR, Hell Rell, 40 Cal, or Freekey Zeekey that I was really into. I can name a couple songs here and there, but not entire tapes/albums. I can name a host of solo stuff I like from 5 of 7 SP members. Dipset as solo dudes is really just Cam and Jim Jones carrying them, cause Juelz has one very good album, a mediocre follow-up, and a somewhat recent embarrassing mixtape (God Will'n) that makes me never want to listen to him again.

I do have to dock Dipset a point or two for introducing Skull Gang, Jha Jha, Vado, and not being affiliated with Heatmakerz much anymore

Last edited:
Dipset were better just because they had that chemistry, you just knew they were guys that hung out together outside the music. Beans was great in his prime though as was Free. In fact, I would have Cam and Beans as the best two on the Roc ahead of Jay.

Back
Top Bottom