Disappointments of 2012

Slaughterhouse: WTMOH-had bars but the beats weren't what I was lookin for. Appreciate the free tape, but its like they gave away the show and sold you commercials.

GooD Music: Cruel Summer- Half was good, half I dont mess wit. To me dont matter if I heard most the songs, Im still looking at the quality and value. Lp seem too random, and I was expecting some Good Friday soundin joint. Bliss and the Intro are the only fresh ones that got the "Ye approved this", feel

cruel-summer-commercial.jpg

Not that it wasn't a good album, but yeah, it was disappointing.

Had no idea Billy Talent had an album come out.

First thing that came to my mind:

Ross
Nas
Common (that came out late 2011 but I'm still including it)
K.R.I.T's debut album and ForEvaNaDay
G.O.O.D music compilation

soooo many others :smh:

^^^yea 4got bout krit. Dude gave away his best material for free, and aint have nothing left for the lp. Was diggin the Nas tho

wzrd

slaughterhouse been wack for a few years now. the 2 mixtapes they had last year were wack and the album and mixtape last month were the wackest i ever heard.

Was a little let down by KRIT's debut but i loved all his mixtapes. The album just seemed way too commercial.
Slaughterhouse was a huge let down given the talent they have....but honestly i was kind of expecting it to suck.
WZRD i heard was horrible and then i listened to it and really didn't think it was as bad as everyone said. So i guess my expectations were so low that it wasn't a disappointment.
The ASAP mixtape was a let down

I am sure there was more will update later

Krit's album was a let down for me as well... I mean his best stuff is on his mixtapes but none of that stuff could make the album unless Def Jam coughed up mad bread for the sample clearances. Hope they expand the budget for dude next time and he does better balancing the subject matter on his sophomore effort.

Ross joint wasnt really a let down but it coulda been better...its not really memorable to me.

So Krit dropped 9.5s and 9's worth of mixtapes, then drops an 8.7 album, and people are disappointed? LOL....LOL

My expectations for Cruel Summer were very low, so when I heard it, it wasn't bad to me.

The only massive letdown of 2012 for me was Slaughterhouse's album. What a commercial mess of an album. Wacky *** post-Eminem Show sounding ****.

Welcome To Our House was pretty dissapointing, i still listened to it but i expected something better since they had longer time to make that album

Yea, SH was disappointing. Too poppy for them. Life is Good is a solid effort from Nas considering where he is at in life right now.

Wasn't expecting Cruel Summer to be anything than what it is. Looking at the roster, u can't expect somethin more cohesive than what it was :lol:

The current state of Hip Hop is disappointing w/ everything sounding the same, and if it doesn't, it gets shoved aside.

Im disappointed that Juelz aint release nothing since 05/06

ASAP

Slauterhouse

Still Standing 3 (JR Writer Mixtape)

Was a little let down by KRIT's debut but i loved all his mixtapes. The album just seemed way too commercial.
KRIT is my dude, but I have to agree. Album let me down for the most part. Y'all are buggin with the 4EvaNaDay though. Tape was great.

Back
Top Bottom