DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

Just got back from Aladdin. I really liked it - very enjoyable. I realized I actually don’t know most of the songs except a whole new world. Jasmine bae was fire and some great eye candy

63eqi4tmhgj21.jpg

I really enjoyed Aladdin.

I'd watch it again.

It could be my favorite live action remake of a cartoon so far

So I keep googling about Mulan tidbits.

Doesn't sound like it's going to be a musical. And I'm looking at the cast list and I don't know the actors to be able to sing. :frown:

So I keep googling about Mulan tidbits.

Doesn't sound like it's going to be a musical. And I'm looking at the cast list and I don't know the actors to be able to sing. :frown:

its not gon' be a musical, rumor is that they want to make it an epic, monumental event so its going to be a big scale period-esque piece film especially for the chinese market and the rumored budget seem to support it

disney knows that it'll be hit anyways but if they hit a homerun with the chinese market it's gon' be huge

Smart business move but as a moviegoer, I’ll also be glad if that’s the direction they take. Would be a nice change of pace from their other live-action adaptions and period pieces done right are one of my favorite genres.

Yea I was hearing that the budget for mulan is going to be 300 mil.

To put it into perspective that's more expensive than the budget for every marvel studios movie ever made except for Infinity War and Endgame

I think that's more expensive than every star wars movie ever made as well

If the rumored budget is true they are counting mulan to be at least a billion dollar movie

Saw Aladdin, it was enjoyable. Pretty much what it should have been I guess? It was executed pretty well but obviously already knew the story going in.

Side note, the Toy Story 4 trailer makes it look mid.

watched Aladdin in dolby cinema today and enjoyed it. it's been so long since i've seen the original movie, so i barely remembered some of the plot
did not expect it to be 2+ hrs. had to take a bathroom break :lol:

Box Office: 'Aladdin' Soars to Massive $113M Memorial Day Weekend

It may be a whole new world for Aladdin, but it turned out to be another lucrative opening weekend for Disney.

The live-action feature grossed $112.7 million stateside over the Memorial Day weekend, beating out even high-end estimates that the film would bow to $100 million.

Internationally, Aladdin picked up an estimated $121 million for the three-day weekend, across 54 territories. China led the way with $18.7 million in ticket sales, followed by Mexico ($9.2 million) and the U.K. ($8.4 million).

Movie was cool. Will was at his best at being Will. He's not quarky enough for a character such as the genie

Saw Aladdin last night and was surprised at how much I liked...even LOVED it. Kind of rushed through a lot of things like the initial search into the Cave of Wonders. The scale of the film felt weird too. Agrabah felt like a movie set instead of an actual place but the acting was really good. Massoud was surprisingly good as Aladdin. Will as Genie was actually pretty fun. He did his best to capture the spirit of Robin while still making it his own. Still wasn’t sold on Naomi as Jasmine but it worked. Kenzari as Jafar was kind of off too but I loved how menacing he was in the 3rd act. I’m ready to say the movie is a solid 6/8

I know it's not likely, but what if Mulan is PG-13? That budget makes sense if they're going the route of a traditional Chinese war epic with little green screen and tons of on-site shoots. Also, the story of Mulan has always been ahead of its time and so it's natural that it slots in during a time in Hollywood where diversity and female empowerment is rightfully championed.

As for Aladdin, the internet did a great job of convincing a lot of people that it may bomb but man are a lot of us wrong.

yo aladdin was sick lol

there was a whole tornado and everything outside everyone muted the text alerts

I know it's not likely, but what if Mulan is PG-13? That budget makes sense if they're going the route of a traditional Chinese war epic with little green screen and tons of on-site shoots. Also, the story of Mulan has always been ahead of its time and so it's natural that it slots in during a time in Hollywood where diversity and female empowerment is rightfully championed.

As for Aladdin, the internet did a great job of convincing a lot of people that it may bomb but man are a lot of us wrong.
I wouldn't be surprised if they go PG 13 for the mulan remake

Back
Top Bottom