DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

all 5 songs from the original gon' be in the film

Favreau earmarked the film’s music as its other major arena ripe for renewal. With all five songs from the 1994 film (including “Be Prepared” and “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”) featured again, he hoped to spark collaborative magic by reuniting the original music team of Zimmer, John, Rice, and arranger Lebo M. to revisit their work alongside the new influences of Childish Gambino and Mrs. Carter. Favreau notes, “[One thing] I didn’t do for Jungle Book is double-down on the music and find people who were going to reinterpret this and bring something new and fresh to it. Each iteration of The Lion King seems to bring its own spin to the music while still feeling related to what we all connect to as The Lion King. And so having Donald Glover and Beyoncé involved, not trying to create new songs but trying to build on what people remember and love about the old ones, has been really fun and formative.”

^^^
GOOD. More screen time Simba Gambino and Nalayonce.

Edit: SMH at "Be Prepared"

curious if they're gon' give us this nala look that made us confused and made us wonder if we were a furry

tenor.gif

Aladdin show
They used to show at California adventure
Lookin better than that
Will lookin stiff as hell
I ain’t watching this

Should've hired some choreographers from Bollywood to do that segment.

I get that Disney needs content for their channel, but these remakes are unnecessary.

Can someone give me the background on why "Be Prepared" is a bad song?

Can someone give me the background on why "Be Prepared" is a bad song?

its very reminiscent of the marching nazi army not to mention its pretty much a song about murder/commuting murder

they'll definitely address and distance themselves from the og

its very reminiscent of the marching nazi army not to mention its pretty much a song about murder/commuting murder

they'll definitely address and distance themselves from the og

Isn't that the point? To show how damn evil Scar was?

That song was dope.

^^^
For me personally, I don't think "Be Prepared" is content that is damaging/harmful to young viewers, I just flat out don't give a damn about the song. It's also just hard for me to visualize that scene in CGI without it appearing corny or extra. If it's just tons of hyenas surrounding Scar in a dark cave lit by fire, instead of marching around like mindless Nazi-like zombies, then I can maybe see it being decent.

yah too much sensitivity these days

even if kids do not know what that march looks like, social media will surely point it out and make sure everyone knows

look, i still watch and love and laugh my a** off watching married with children and stuff they get away with in that show but really that show wouldn't last one episode today

Shouts to the yout but also fruck da yout. We grew up singing songs about torturing and murdering Santa Claus (The Nightmare Before Christmas). Addams Family was all about that macabre life. Kids today need to man the fruck up /endoldmanshoutingattheskyrant

It just means we're progressed...even if certain people want to set us back to the 1700s.

Married With Children would have to be on a network like fxx today. If It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia can exist, so can Al Bundy.

The movie starts in about ten minutes and there's only three other people in the theater.

Good to see all songs confirmed for Lion King. Gambino gonna try and do too much during Hakuna Matata when adult Simba makes his voice entrance though :lol:

Not surprised with Aladdin being empty opening night though. Hopefully it makes good money this 3 day weekend. I’m going to see it Monday.

How Much Did Aladdin Cost To Make?

The live-action Aladdin's budget is reportedly $183 million, making it one of the more expensive Disney remakes in this modern stretch. As a comparison, The Jungle Book cost $175 million, Maleficent cost $180 million, Beauty and the Beast cost $160 million, and Cinderella had a price tag of just $95 million. Aladdin's budget is also higher than some comic book adaptations, like Captain Marvel and Aquaman.

With this, it means Aladdin needs to earn approximately $366 million just to make its money back, so it really has to end up in the neighborhood of Cinderella ($543.5 million) or Maleficent ($758.5 million) in order to go down as a bona fide hit. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out; Aladdin is one of the most popular titles of Disney's 1990s renaissance and has a sizable fan base that will probably be interested in seeing the classic story on the big screen again.

Back
Top Bottom