DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

No Mufusa shaped cloud. You get a hint of what might be his eyes at one point but if you blinked, you probably missed it. :stoneface:

No Rafiki ninja warrior moves. Just up and down motions with the staff like this was an 8 bit arcade game. :stoneface:

No sensual playing in the moonlight between Simba and Nala. Instead, ‘Can You Feel the Love TONIGHT’ took place around noon PST. :stoneface:

5/8. While I enjoyed it for what it was, this version felt lifeless at times. Stampede in the OG was way more emotional. Was waiting on a Mufasa in the clouds outline & wanted Elton on at least one of the tracks too :smh: . I will say tho - Rogen & Eichner were great.

Will always be OG > live action for me.

Man. I think it was cool. Not too bad.

Mufasa death did seem quick. A lot of scenes flew just by.

Opening scene was damn near scene for scene from the OG.

Seems like Simba and Nala saw each other and then right away their song come on. Way to fast.

There are things you can portray with animation that photorealism can't achieve with animals and realistic color hues and landscapes.

Disney artists had a lot of room for their artistic vision and could easily control the frame to express emotion and action.

A lot of that is lost in translation and thats not the film makers fault, just a fault of the specific format they wanted to go with for the remake.

So far Beauty and the Beast has been best for me, then Aladdin, then LK. And rename Aladdin to Jasmin.

Yikes....not looking good. I'll probably wait til this hits the dollar theater. I guess some are saying it was alright but definitely not the GOAT film it could have/should have been. Oh well, they'll probably remake this again in 10 years :ohwell:

My biggest fear came to light, it's OK for animals all drawn able to sing and dance but real animals doing that will look weird, and they have to walk this fine line of talking animals but making it look real?

Just a bad choice. They should just take the originals out the archives, clean up frame by frame and 4k up. Remaster surround sound. Boom winner.

Movie was dope.

Just a few things I didn't like....Nala and Simba meeting as adults....I didn't like the timing of their songs at all.

Scar could have been designed better imo.

Otherwise, good movie!

man I had high hopes because Jungle Book was fire

Lion King was my favorite movie as a kid

I dont understand how they made the animals in Jungle Book have such emotion but drop the ball YEARS later on a bigger franchise in Lion King |l

Movie was bound to open huge. I wasn’t expecting THAT huge though. ****....

The 2nd week drop is gonna be huge though. Most people who want to see it will see it by this weekend. From the reactions, it’s not a must see being that it’s a shot for shot recreation and everyone has seen the Lion King before. I’m even contemplating if I’m gonna check it out or just wait for Once upon a time in Hollywood.

Just got back.. i thought the graphics looked great, Seth was a good pick for this. I definitely felt the og one had you in the feels more then this. It was like they didn’t say main lines with any passion at all just said them like regular sentences.
When rafiki told Simba to look in the water and said “you see, he lives within you” it did not deliver like the OG there. Overall was decent and worth the watch though.

Saw lion king. One word to describe it:

Masterpiece.

Lost a lot of respect for rotten tomatoes

I guess I had different expectations. It’s a kids Disney movie. You guys are looking for Godfather 2 level movie

:lol: Rubbish.

Just because it’s a movie geared towards kids doesn’t mean it can’t provide deeper content that adults can appreciate. Especially this one, which is based off a film that fits the criteria that I just alluded to.

Back
Top Bottom