DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

WTF is going on? Today was supposed to be that major busy day...People stay away because they thought the crowds were going to be crazy?

20190531_210428.jpg 20190531_202744.jpg 20190531_185018.jpg

Last edited:
Disney creating animals for the new world???
They wild
Yeah, they had some critters for sale. Ok, it's hard to describe how I personally feel about it. On one hand, I truly felt like I left Disneyland, and was on batuu. The attention to detail was awesome and it was fun exploring around as they put a lot of blind corners in with surprises around each one. On the other hand, it was very, very merchandise based. Granted, only one ride was open and there weren't any shows going on, but the place just started seeming like a money grab as the night went on. Those new creatures you can "adopt". Droids you gotta buy accessories for, ridemakers style. And the normal t shirts and other standard merch. They put a lot of thought into the design of it all, but a beautifully built store is only a store in the end. I can see it dying down by next summer, as people can only buy the same stuff so many times. They've kinda cornered themselves by creating such niche products and leaning on the cuteness of some cat squirrel looking thing is a risky move. It does have opportunity to grow into more, there were a couple of places that seemed underdeveloped, but who knows. These reservations came in clutch, the crowds were pretty tame, and everything went quickly, from check in to when we left. When we first got there, the line for smugglers run was about 60 minutes, and kept decreasing. We ate, and at about 2 hours into our time it was down to 25 minutes. Dropped to 10 right after, and we got back on twice. So we went three times in the last hour. They shut it down about an hour before the exit time. They have the same pins in the pin store on main street as at the launch bay and in sw land. We got our pins at both beforehand.

Yeah, they had some critters for sale. Ok, it's hard to describe how I personally feel about it. On one hand, I truly felt like I left Disneyland, and was on batuu. The attention to detail was awesome and it was fun exploring around as they put a lot of blind corners in with surprises around each one. On the other hand, it was very, very merchandise based. Granted, only one ride was open and there weren't any shows going on, but the place just started seeming like a money grab as the night went on. Those new creatures you can "adopt". Droids you gotta buy accessories for, ridemakers style. And the normal t shirts and other standard merch. They put a lot of thought into the design of it all, but a beautifully built store is only a store in the end. I can see it dying down by next summer, as people can only buy the same stuff so many times. They've kinda cornered themselves by creating such niche products and leaning on the cuteness of some cat squirrel looking thing is a risky move. It does have opportunity to grow into more, there were a couple of places that seemed underdeveloped, but who knows. These reservations came in clutch, the crowds were pretty tame, and everything went quickly, from check in to when we left. When we first got there, the line for smugglers run was about 60 minutes, and kept decreasing. We ate, and at about 2 hours into our time it was down to 25 minutes. Dropped to 10 right after, and we got back on twice. So we went three times in the last hour. They shut it down about an hour before the exit time. They have the same pins in the pin store on main street as at the launch bay and in sw land. We got our pins at both beforehand.
Wait so u can really buy that creature
Seriously???
Like what does it do

Good to know. I was also thinking same about the heavy focus on retail, based on the videos that I've seen on YouTube.

Your welcome all! 4 hours is more than enough time to have. So enjoy, this will be the easiest we'll have it for a while, crowd wise. Take your time and do not rush. Dont jump on the ride right away, they make sure everyone gets to ride at least once. And see it at night.
Thanks for the input. I was thinking if I should hit the ride up first or browse first.

migu420 migu420 i guess you didnt catch the kylo ren show or whatever they do when he appears in that stage?

how longs the wait for the lightsabers? i think that might be more popular than smugglers atm

i think disney actually managed to convey to most that "no reservation, no entry" plus most APs are blocked out by now and i guess some of those aren't willing to pay an extra $100+ for a 1-day ticket to get in the land for 4 hours

theres also still no droids roaming around and the other ride not being open probably turned off some too, a lot could only visit the park once a year

i do think its gon' be super busy once res days are over though but based on the wait times on the app, both parks are super light with the crowd right now

migu420 migu420 were you able to hit the cantina?
been hearing a lot of people missing out cause the line is closed and then they come back and they won’t let you in line if your time slot is almost up

cantina looks super small and cramped and i think thats why they keep closing the lines, i dont think you can take out the alcoholic drinks either so you got to sit in there and finish it

It's nice over in dca, not too crowded at all. We didnt get to enter the cantina, the line was mad deep. Tomorrow we go in the am so maybe people wont be saucing it up early, lol.

I'm hoping it isn't busy in two weeks. Seems like the wait times for the disneyland rides were surprisingly short.

Also, thinking of trying the Fried Chicken meal. Looks good. But if you guys have other recommendations, let me know.

Did think the brunch menu at Lamplight looked worth the money.

I just read the title about the price increase.

That explains why I thought that there was a price increase on the cruise line.

Back
Top Bottom