DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

you ride expedition everest? favorite ride at any disney park so far

EEC39178-49A6-4C8C-A74C-A05872F563BC.jpeg
1B78960C-709E-4F1A-A8AB-910522710C1B.jpeg
55503368-3B12-4545-9CE3-7CECA4676C0C.jpeg
3608EFD1-C026-467D-B01C-D31FB5F4BCB7.jpeg
Been resting all day since being at the park from 8-10 yesterday. Like everyone has said, total money grab. But still worth every penny! Me and the gf’s goals were cantina, shopping and ride. She lost Rock Paper Scissors so she had to follow the lady with the orange flag to the cantina while I walked around the marketplace. Ended up buying the three soft drinks, water and two magnets. Got the blue and green milk next. Blue>green. Got in line for the coin gift card but that crap line was barely moving. That’s when we got the text for the cantina. Man are they unorganized in there. Literally one bartender for one side of the seated areas. Told we had 45 minutes. Took 15 minutes to get someone’s attention to order. I got the beer flight. They got cast members to be bartenders. Lol. The people at our table made it enjoyable nonetheless. We got on the ride two times after that. Ride was fun. Not great but good. I got gunner and engineer. Didn’t get to try pilot, which looks like the most fun. Ride is like a video game. Overall, great experience. Got to ride the GotG ride for the first time. So fun. Also rode Soaring over CA for the first time also. If I end up going back, probably Christmas time later this year, i’ll
for sure build a droid.

very nice, didnt get to try any foods?

if i had gotten to the cantina, i would have gotten one of the collectible mugs/cups they had in there

and not even gon' lie, i like a lot of the mugs they had in the land, most look awesome

also a new Lion King popcorn buckets at DCA via wdwnt
The-Lion-King-Popcorn-Bucket-Disney-California-Adventure-2-1200x900.jpg

I called Disneyland and added two more people for my reservation. Thanks to whoever posted the email

4 hours is definitely not enough time.

And they closed the waitlist for the cantina 15 minutes into our reservation. Smh. We went directly to the line at the beginning of our reservation and couldn’t get a spot, ridiculous.

4 hours is definitely not enough time.

And they closed the waitlist for the cantina 15 minutes into our reservation. Smh. We went directly to the line at the beginning of our reservation and couldn’t get a spot, ridiculous.
Dang that sucks. We heard people saying they stopped taking reservations around 30 minutes into our reservation window.

they just needed to make the cantina bigger

they know cantina is that one place that most star wars fans want to chill in

plus its a place that serves alcohol for gods sake :lol:

Yeah, first day people were lined up so long I don't think half even got in. Better to not be on a reservation than to wait for a few hours and be shut down. On our other day we went at 11 in the morning and it was shut down about 30 minutes in.

timing is everything too

i was hearing that droid building had a line too but my rez was 8pm to midnight and i was going in and out of that place freely to keep checking for that metal gift card

i think the lightsabers had no lines at that time too or at least half way through my rez (10pm)

about 30min to midnight and there was still a short line for ogas but i dont think i would have made it so i said 'f it just kept waling around

they had a real cute chick playing rey and she was just walking around all these dudes with lightsabers just trying to tak epic with them hover hands :rofl::smh:

I thought people didn't realize the door into where the gift card was was actually a door, lol. We walked in as soon as we saw the post and swooped on it.

Hows the stock on Legacy Lightsaber’s? $99 for a full scale Anakin/Rey sounds like a good deal

But going for 200-250 on ebay resale LOL

personally haven't seen/heard of a sell out

maybe once it opens up to the public w/o rez but right now its not bad

not sure what comes with those on ebay but the blade is sold separately which is $40-$50 depending on the length of the blade iirc

not when i was there but lines usually short from what i heard because things are crazy expensive in there

Went yesterday from 8PM-12AM and it was horrible. I had one person in my party go to the Cantina, 1 to the droid shop, and I went to light sabers. I was in the light saber line immediately and we were told that they had ran out of lightsaber parts for the day and couldn’t make a reservation. My guy who stood in line at the droid depot said the gift card were sold out by the time he got inside. Other person in my party waiting for the cantina said that cast members went up and down the line telling everyone all reservation slots were closed within 15 minutes of waiting.

After all 3 failures we stood in line for about 30 minutes to get into Dok Ondars. There were two reasons people were there, to hunt for black kyber crystals and to get the legacy sabers. Sadly about half of the sabers were sold out when I arrived. The theming in there is fantastic but the staff knowledge is terrible. I thought I saw IG-88 on the top floor and asked if it was supposed to be him or not. The first CM was like “I don’t have that knowledge let me find someone who knows more history” the next person flat out asked me “WHO???” The third guy said “A lot of these items are a mystery.” I really wasn’t thrilled.

Smugglers run was inconsistent. I rode it 4 times and never got pilot. The first time I rode it two D bags made a scene and demanded they get pilot. The second I didn’t get the random draw. The third time I just flat out asked for it and they told me it was random... except it wasn’t. The two people ahead of me were handed pilot cards. Me and my friend got gunner and the engineers were given theirs in order. When I brought it up to the CM that it was supposed to be random she said that she was told to do it in order and if we wanted a different role it I would have to trade for it. The final time I went on it they did the same thing and I was stuck with engineer. I even asked if I could wait for pilot (this was at about 11:45 PM) and they said no. I do want to note that every time I got into the boarding area there was never enough time for me to get a picture at the chess table. They called our group immediately.

Not being pilot is really a mediocre experience. It’s tough to see what’s going on and the controls for gunner are pretty uncomfortable. It’s very disappointing they couldn’t create a joystick for the gunner and secondary screens for the back four people.

The win/loss progression is a cool idea but my 4th run we lost so bad because the kid in the pilot seat just kept us in a nose dive and it actually crashed the game by the time you’re supposed to be able to get the second container. I asked how I could log/transfer my score and no one could tell me how.

As for other things. Everything is overpriced but it is themed which is great. I ate at docking bay 7, the food was ok and the wait was about 15 minutes. They got my order wrong and for whatever reason it was a pain to get it replaced. I had to wait an additional 10 minutes. We had planned to do mobile ordering but there were no time slots available for anything but the milk. Speaking of the milk, I really enjoyed both the blue and the green. If you do mobile ordering you can just walk up and get it. You don’t have to adhere to the time slot. Also I really enjoyed the favored popcorn that was being sold.

I only saw Rey walking around and no other performers. I asked Rey if there was anything I could do for the resistance (trying to get a cool side mission or something) but she just said to “keep them in our thoughts as there was a battle brewing” Unfortunately beyond that, there were no cool shows or random encounters that I saw.
Most of the staff were pretty checked out during my time slot and many of them get really nervous when you ask about any actual lore. Side note: If you are there during fireworks ask a CM where you should be because people were getting screamed at before the fireworks about where they could and couldn’t stand.

Even late (11:30) there were still lines for droid depot, the antiquities shop and people (with reservations) still waiting for the cantina. Sadly there isn’t much else to do.

TLDR;

Theming: 11/10 (sight-lines are amazing, everything is beautiful, audio and Easter eggs are too notch)
Immersion: 7/10 (cast members aren’t ready yet)
Smugglers Run: 6/10 (queue and themeing are fantastic, never got to pilot, other roles are pretty lackluster)
Food: 7.5/10 (Theming is great but prices are through the roof)
Cantina: 0/10 (couldn’t get a reservation)
Light Sabers: 0/10 ( was told they ran out of parts for the night)
Droid Depot: 7/10 (gift cards were sold out immediately, the DJ rex toy looks to be worth it, regular $99 droids are ok, other merch is lackluster)
Den of Antiquities: 6/10 (themeing is fantastic, sabers were sold out, overpriced items, staff were not knowledgeable)

Overall: 6/10 (theming is second to none, not a lot to do outside of spending tons of money and taking Instagram pics, smugglers run is OK but not having rise of the resistance REALLY HURTS.)

I’m going back in 10 days so we’ll see if my next experience is any different.

Last edited:
Kylo ren walks out of his ship, the cast member told me at every 15, so like 8:15 for example, that's the show on that side. Chewie walks around on the other side. We picked our spots on the smuggling run every time, both reservations, too. But yeah, my fingers still hurt from jamming those damn gunner buttons. I wonder how long those are going to hold up, lol. AND yes, ima say that's the deadliest droid on the galaxy busted up by that wall up there. Its cooler that way, so ima keep it cool!
20190531_183836.jpg

Went yesterday from 8PM-12AM and it was horrible. I had one person in my party go to the Cantina, 1 to the droid shop, and I went to light sabers. I was in the light saber line immediately and we were told that they had ran out of lightsaber parts for the day and couldn’t make a reservation. My guy who stood in line at the droid depot said the gift card were sold out by the time he got inside. Other person in my party waiting for the cantina said that cast members went up and down the line telling everyone all reservation slots were closed within 15 minutes of waiting.

After all 3 failures we stood in line for about 30 minutes to get into Dok Ondars. There were two reasons people were there, to hunt for black kyber crystals and to get the legacy sabers. Sadly about half of the sabers were sold out when I arrived. The theming in there is fantastic but the staff knowledge is terrible. I thought I saw IG-88 on the top floor and asked if it was supposed to be him or not. The first CM was like “I don’t have that knowledge let me find someone who knows more history” the next person flat out asked me “WHO???” The third guy said “A lot of these items are a mystery.” I really wasn’t thrilled.

Smugglers run was inconsistent. I rode it 4 times and never got pilot. The first time I rode it two D bags made a scene and demanded they get pilot. The second I didn’t get the random draw. The third time I just flat out asked for it and they told me it was random... except it wasn’t. The two people ahead of me were handed pilot cards. Me and my friend got gunner and the engineers were given theirs in order. When I brought it up to the CM that it was supposed to be random she said that she was told to do it in order and if we wanted a different role it I would have to trade for it. The final time I went on it they did the same thing and I was stuck with engineer. I even asked if I could wait for pilot (this was at about 11:45 PM) and they said no. I do want to note that every time I got into the boarding area there was never enough time for me to get a picture at the chess table. They called our group immediately.

Not being pilot is really a mediocre experience. It’s tough to see what’s going on and the controls for gunner are pretty uncomfortable. It’s very disappointing they couldn’t create a joystick for the gunner and secondary screens for the back four people.

The win/loss progression is a cool idea but my 4th run we lost so bad because the kid in the pilot seat just kept us in a nose dive and it actually crashed the game by the time you’re supposed to be able to get the second container. I asked how I could log/transfer my score and no one could tell me how.

As for other things. Everything is overpriced but it is themed which is great. I ate at docking bay 7, the food was ok and the wait was about 15 minutes. They got my order wrong and for whatever reason it was a pain to get it replaced. I had to wait an additional 10 minutes. We had planned to do mobile ordering but there were no time slots available for anything but the milk. Speaking of the milk, I really enjoyed both the blue and the green. If you do mobile ordering you can just walk up and get it. You don’t have to adhere to the time slot. Also I really enjoyed the favored popcorn that was being sold.

I only saw Rey walking around and no other performers. I asked Rey if there was anything I could do for the resistance (trying to get a cool side mission or something) but she just said to “keep them in our thoughts as there was a battle brewing” Unfortunately beyond that, there were no cool shows or random encounters that I saw.
Most of the staff were pretty checked out during my time slot and many of them get really nervous when you ask about any actual lore. Side note: If you are there during fireworks ask a CM where you should be because people were getting screamed at before the fireworks about where they could and couldn’t stand.

Even late (11:30) there were still lines for droid depot, the antiquities shop and people (with reservations) still waiting for the cantina. Sadly there isn’t much else to do.

TLDR;

Theming: 11/10 (sight-lines are amazing, everything is beautiful, audio and Easter eggs are too notch)
Immersion: 7/10 (cast members aren’t ready yet)
Smugglers Run: 6/10 (queue and themeing are fantastic, never got to pilot, other roles are pretty lackluster)
Food: 7.5/10 (Theming is great but prices are through the roof)
Cantina: 0/10 (couldn’t get a reservation)
Light Sabers: 0/10 ( was told they ran out of parts for the night)
Droid Depot: 7/10 (gift cards were sold out immediately, the DJ rex toy looks to be worth it, regular $99 droids are ok, other merch is lackluster)
Den of Antiquities: 6/10 (themeing is fantastic, sabers were sold out, overpriced items, staff were not knowledgeable)

Overall: 6/10 (theming is second to none, not a lot to do outside of spending tons of money and taking Instagram pics, smugglers run is OK but not having rise of the resistance REALLY HURTS.)

I’m going back in 10 days so we’ll see if my next experience is any different.

must be the weekend because my timeslot was the same on a wednesday and it wasnt too bad at all after hour in

Sounds the like the later time slots are being screwed by people staying beyond their time slot. Glad I have an 8am and plan to stay late. :evil:

The cast members checking out later in the day definitely seems to be a thing...Seen it several times on IG and trips reports and such...

If they’re having issues keeping up to speed now, with CM’s and product being in stock, then I really hate to see how the plaus out once they open up the flood gates...

They weren't rushing anyone out, I don't even think they were telling people. We got tired of smugglers run and wandering around so we left for Indiana Jones, lol.

no slowing down but still funny that they cant use "Marvel" though

Disneyland scores permits to build microbrewery, retail shop and meet-and-greet area at Marvel park expansion

• The city of Anaheim has approved a number of permits for Disney to launch a Marvel-inspired theme park land in California, the Los Angeles Times reported.
  • The permits are for bathroom construction, a microbrewery, a meet-and-greet area and a 2,071-square-foot merchandise outlet, among other projects.
  • The value of these projects tallies at more than $14 million.

On Wednesday, The Los Angeles Times reported that the city of Anaheim, in which the park is located, had approved a handful of building permits for projects including bathroom construction, a microbrewery, a meet-and-greet area and a 2,071-square-foot merchandise outlet.

The building of a microbrewery suggests that this Marvel expansion will have Avengers-inspired alcoholic beverages and cocktails, just like Galaxy’s Edge’s Cantina location.

The value of these projects tallies at more than $14 million, the LA Times said.

It’s not a surprise that Disney is capitalizing on its Marvel franchise. After all, seven of the top 20 movies of all time are Marvel films. And the company’s most recent Marvel movie, “Avengers: Endgame,” has surpassed $2.7 billion at the global box office.

The Marvel-themed park will be located near the Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout ride, which took the place of the Tower of Terror ride in 2017.

To make room for this expansion, Disney closed its A Bug’s Land, an area of the theme park featuring characters and rides from the Pixar movie “A Bug’s Life.” Crews are demolishing this part of the park behind a temporary wall featuring the logo of Stark Industries, the fictional company once led by Tony Stark (Iron Man).

Not much is known about the land, which is expected to open in 2020, but it is likely that more will be revealed during Disney’s D23 Expo in late August.

Although, there is one thing fans can expect: the land probably won’t have the word “Marvel” in the title.

Licensing agreements that predated Disney’s 2009 acquisition of Marvel Entertainment bans the word “Marvel” from appearing on any theme park land. However, it is possible that Disney has found a way around that either legally or by using the word “Avengers” in its place.

Back
Top Bottom