DISTRICT 9

Joined Jan 6, 2009
For the film junkies, what your thoughts on this movie? I think it's going to be a dope and interesting movie to watch

Joined Apr 14, 2006
Hey_

Been following Neil Blomkamp for some time now.

His work on the "yellow" adicolor commercial is the dopeness. Not to mention the Halo shorts.

Hopefully this movie we'll be critically received well, and then it'll lead to a resurgence of interest in his directing the Halo movie.

Julius F. Wrek

Joined Jan 27, 2008
i first saw this movie trailer in the wolverine movie... gotta say... at first me and my boy were like "holy crap! independence day 2!"
but gotta say, it looked I veryinteresting.
@ blurring out the face of the alien when it was being interrogated
i was like WTH? just show it!
mos def. i'm going to watch!

Joined Jan 30, 2008
saw the preview at the movies last night, but when the alien was talking it had no subtitles and its face was blurred. looks like it has potential...

ArmandoJF33

formerly icecixz
Joined Oct 3, 2006
Meh....its following the Day The Earth Stood Still motif of getting you hooked into seeing it....and we all know how that movie turned out...

Joined Jan 24, 2007
Movie looks like its going to be extremely interesting to me

people should check out the short film its based on "Alive in Joburg" to get a better idea of what its going to be about

Joined Jul 10, 2005
It looks really intriguing. I like how the alien interaction isn't sensationalized. If that's true throughout, I'm really interested.

Joined Jul 10, 2005
^ thanks for that Jersey. Hmm.. looks even more interesting.. So trippy.. An alien movie that really ain't about aliens.. Is there a book too? I'd loveto read it..

Joined Feb 6, 2007
Peter Jackson does good work, I think he can pull this off.

The preview is

But I've been fooled before. Easy to make 2 minutes look great, much tougher to make 2 hours work.

I'll be lookin for this when it comes out.

Joined Feb 22, 2007
I thought it was an aprtheid movie because of the first 2 mins of the trailer...but then when they showed the aliens I just was like ok...The Day The EarthStood Still all over again.....

kdawg

Staff member
Joined Jun 25, 2003
I thought it was an aprtheid movie because of the first 2 mins of the trailer...but then when they showed the aliens I just was like ok...The Day The Earth Stood Still all over again.....

I think that was their intention - and they did it well.

It was only when the black guy came on and said something about they should just go home I was like "what?" and then it started to make sense.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now