DISTRICT 9

For the film junkies, what your thoughts on this movie? I think it's going to be a dope and interesting movie to watch

Hey_

Been following Neil Blomkamp for some time now.

His work on the "yellow" adicolor commercial is the dopeness. Not to mention the Halo shorts.

Hopefully this movie we'll be critically received well, and then it'll lead to a resurgence of interest in his directing the Halo movie.

Julius F. Wrek

i first saw this movie trailer in the wolverine movie... gotta say... at first me and my boy were like "holy crap! independence day 2!"
laugh.gif
but gotta say, it looked I veryinteresting.
roll.gif
@ blurring out the face of the alien when it was being interrogated
laugh.gif
i was like WTH? just show it!
mos def. i'm going to watch!
pimp.gif

saw the preview at the movies last night, but when the alien was talking it had no subtitles and its face was blurred. looks like it has potential...

Meh....its following the Day The Earth Stood Still motif of getting you hooked into seeing it....and we all know how that movie turned out...

Movie looks like its going to be extremely interesting to me

people should check out the short film its based on "Alive in Joburg" to get a better idea of what its going to be about

It looks really intriguing. I like how the alien interaction isn't sensationalized. If that's true throughout, I'm really interested.

^ thanks for that Jersey. Hmm.. looks even more interesting.. So trippy.. An alien movie that really ain't about aliens.. Is there a book too? I'd loveto read it..

Peter Jackson does good work, I think he can pull this off.

The preview is
pimp.gif

But I've been fooled before. Easy to make 2 minutes look great, much tougher to make 2 hours work.

I'll be lookin for this when it comes out.

I thought it was an aprtheid movie because of the first 2 mins of the trailer...but then when they showed the aliens I just was like ok...The Day The EarthStood Still all over again.....

I thought it was an aprtheid movie because of the first 2 mins of the trailer...but then when they showed the aliens I just was like ok...The Day The Earth Stood Still all over again.....

I think that was their intention - and they did it well.

It was only when the black guy came on and said something about they should just go home I was like "what?" and then it started to make sense.

Back
Top Bottom