Do anyone of you feel weird wearing a new pair of shoes for the 1st time?

I've had a pair of Kobe IV TBs for a couple weeks and I need to find a time to wear them... except every time I get a new pair of shoes I get nervous before I wear them for some weird reason, like I'll mess them up. Anyone else feel this?

So you're gonna wear these for basketball? And you feel weird that you'll mess them up? It's not worth worrying about. BEAT THEM UP AS HARD AS POSSIBLE. Go hard.

If you're talking about just casual, just wear em who cares.

Only reason I feel weird in new shoes is because I'm not use to the fit. Once I am I could care less.

the kobe 4's are perfect out of the box.

and what i normally do is wear them around the house. go to my basement and jump and run the stairs.

edit: probably should've read the post lol.

shoes are meant to be worn ... they're gonna get ruined

good, yes...weird, no. although i have this weird thing of mine that i don't wear shoes in the same month that i bought them. i know it's really random...
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by peks03

good, yes...weird, no. although i have this weird thing of mine that i don't wear shoes in the same month that i bought them. i know it's really random...
embarassed.gif

i do this too.

If you like a shoe so much.... You'll buy another pair of em.... Keep telling yourself that everytime you buy a pair of shoes... Trust me, it works.

I wore them last night. I figure in about a week I'll get used to it and it'll all be good. I'm also really nervous about them bottoming out, cause I love the feel of them.

New shoes feel stiff and I am afraid to scuff and dirty them.
However, weird... maybe not so.

Originally Posted by Sly1992

New shoes feel stiff and I am afraid to scuff and dirty them.
However, weird... maybe not so.

I feel the same way. I even get a little weird about my friends putting hands on em if I aint wore em yet... Dont know why.
grin.gif

Some shoes need to be worn to fit better. My zkvs were stiff out the box but after a nice amount of wears they feel great. Double up on shoes you're worried about beating up. It'll lift the nervousness about wearing them when you have extras

I know that feeling, especialy when the outsoles are nice and fresh, but after that first wear, whether for hoop or just casual, it's gone.

Originally Posted by never wear them

If you like a shoe so much.... You'll buy another pair of em.... Keep telling yourself that everytime you buy a pair of shoes... Trust me, it works.

only problem is he buys them at teh same time he buys the first thats when everything goes wrong and then you troll this site every day because.....you are not addicted!! ive been trying to kick the habit since 2004 lolbut i do feel you, its like dang i just spent 100+ on these and im going to mess them up...am i crazy? but then you realize im using them for their purpose, balling fools up jk

wear your shoes mang! although i wear all my shoes, i keep my kobe home finals ds and do feel nervous about wearing them, but i have yet to. except tried it on at home!

The only pair of shoes that i have ever felt nervous about wearing for the first time are my space jams. The yellowing process is a heart breaking one. Even more so for me. I've wanted these shoes since middle school. Have not worn them yet and probably wont till like mid summer.

yeah i have the same espeically with high end nikes. i always get pissed when i wear them and all of a sudden you go outside and it rains
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom