Do people in Baltimore dress like those in The Wire?

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Yes they do. Maryland as a whole is behind the times, it should be part of the south.
Maryland as a whole 
laugh.gif

well, actually, you might be right. But if you're going to say MD is behind the times, DC is as well. 

I live and MD and the majority of people in my demographic dress the same: Snapback, Generic Tee, Levis, and Jordans/Foamposites. The same applies to DC/ Northern VA.

The people in here from DMV and what they were trying to portray in The Wire probably live in completely different areas even though its in the same state.

Originally Posted by frshstunna

Originally Posted by HARM

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

Lol yeah I know...but its in between PG/DC and Bmore..... and obviously bmore is closer and all the Bmore people go to arundel..its a fact...I used to work at finishline in arundel a year ago and all our airforces would sell out....Im talking bout at least 100 pairs a month...they had nicknames for the airforces i forgot tho
laugh.gif

Nah we just call em forces ...

Only county !!@%%% really go to Arundel Mills

Only time bmore !!@%%% go there is for the movies ..

You talmbout facts .. you don't know %%%* son
laugh.gif

Stop gassing %%%$ for the lulz son ..

*@+#%+ haven't been on forces for years ..

Only older cats still buy forces its engrained in them ..

And no we don't dress like that as a whole ,but you still have dudes stuck in their ways ..

It is what it is ..

I find it funny you take a show so literally .. lol

You dudes know nothing of my city
Lol this a dumb question/ topic but...
What harm said...some people KINDA dress like they do on the wire, most dudes out here don't tho,  wateva yall cats got out the dmv or wateva we got it too except for the northfaces...just come to the city and find out for urself, +#$+ a tv show...
All i got to say is that.....Balitmore is not apart of DMV...Whenever DC/PG DMV people go to Baltimore you can just sense the difference...its like being in another state...people are just different its like a small 1997 NY

Lol yeah I know...but its in between PG/DC and Bmore..... and obviously bmore is closer and all the Bmore people go to arundel..its a fact...I used to work at finishline in arundel a year ago and all our airforces would sell out....Im talking bout at least 100 pairs a month...they had nicknames for the airforces i forgot tho
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

And no we don't dress like that as a whole ,but you still have dudes stuck in their ways ..

It is what it is ..

What harm said...some people KINDA dress like they do on the wire, most dudes out here don't tho,  wateva yall cats got out the dmv or wateva we got it too except for the northfaces...just come to the city and find out for urself, +#$+ a tv show...
All i got to say is that.....Balitmore is not apart of DMV...Whenever DC/PG DMV people go to Baltimore you can just sense the difference...its like being in another state...people are just different its like a small 1997 NY

WE DON'T WANNA BE PART OF THE DAMN DMV ..

DON'T LET THAT BOSSMAN BS FOOL YOU ..

OUR NAME ALONE STANDS ON IT OWN ..

WE DON'T NEED TO BE APART OF THAT !%!% LIKE NOVA OR MARYLAND

DMV WAS CREATED BY THE *%@%*$$ OUTCAST AND REJECTS OF DC ...

laugh.gif

LIKE DUDE SAID WE OUR ENTITY .. AND WE LIKE TO KEEP IT THAT WAY ..

cause y'all stuck in the midatlantic, y'all dudes bit off the wackest dress styles of both the north and south

stop trying to play like y'all started anything

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

cause y'all stuck in the midatlantic, y'all dudes bit off the wackest dress styles of both the north and south

stop trying to play like y'all started anything

Who hurt you?

laugh.gif

It is what it is ..

I never heard of the DMV until i got on NT, %$$#*@ in my city dont want no part of that DMV bs...

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Well I'll be damned. That's a black Peyton Manning.

eek.gif
 yo im just now realizing that, Mind=Blown.

but in regards to this here thread ,i must say that saying Baltimore isnt a part of the DMV is just dumb.

Baltimore is in Maryland how is it not a part of the DMV???

maybe im wrong
7b026af6276241f1b2dfb7d3f9234a35393a6c1e_r.gif

but i will admit that nobody in Baltimore says or reps the "DMV"  so i can see why y'all say its its own entity

it seems like no one here wants any affiliation with them county folk.(prolly cuz our schools,idk)

i aint gonna lie i kinda felt that way before i started working at Morgan. 
ohwell.gif

The Wire had its own wardrobe personnel that had its own agenda... Obviously to portray a "hood" image, but not Baltimore's hood image at those times...

The main street characters on the cast was the only dudes that had to wear that !+*#*@+...

It was the second tier actors and those with the small roles that actually dressed like how some of the people dressed... i.e. Fat Kev and his SAMOS sweatsuits, Carhartts, etc.... Dude that played Sherrod, and maybe the lil dude that played Donut...

N's was NOT runnin' around in stiff street denim tucked within they Butters... Durags flailing through the wind... No Enyce, Pure Playaz, Pepe, none of that s**t... (maybe Akademiks tho...
laugh.gif
 )

Most of the clothes they wore was donated anyway...

The Wire aint show not one single pair of Foams, Nikeboots, Rockports, or New Balances that represented us during that time period... Not one Bin Laden coat, no Oatmeals,  some SAMOS, and maybe a flight jacket or two...

And like Harm said, no one here steps foot in Arundel Mills unless its for the movies, or the Nike Outlet, or for cheap Xmas gifts... That s**t has belongs to those living in Laurel, PG, Bowie, etc for years now...

N's in here tryina play bent for a couple of laughs...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

i'm currently rockin the chris partlow sanforized[emoji]174[/emoji] dickies matching pebble brown workshirt and slacks combo

'Sheed Wallace wore that jump off, buried somewhere in the NBA Casual Thread.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that's gotta be NYthough

That looks more like DC
i took a identical pic in da bronx during da DR parade/festival and it also had a assorted collection of foamposites in a short space.
laugh.gif
man this pic depicts the east coast...it looks like that here in norfolk...
spent last spring break in miami and saw nothin but foamz...EVERYWHERE... 

edit: norfolk is not considered DMV..btw

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that's gotta be NYthough

That looks more like DC
i took a identical pic in da bronx during da DR parade/festival and it also had a assorted collection of foamposites in a short space.
laugh.gif

I was at Pentagon City mall in Arlington earlier this summer and I casually counted FORTY people wearing foams in about an hour
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom