Do People Not Know What DEADSTOCK Means These Days? VOL Rant Thread

Whats worse is guys who price their worn shoes for Flight Club prices. You really think your suede fading Raptor 7 from 02 is worth 400?

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Looking back at one of my first deals, I did this dude mad dirty. I had a pair of BRAND NEW NEVER LACED OG 1996 Blk/Red Jordan 11s.

I threw them on ISS with a high price to "Test the waters" I really didnt want to sell them at the time but some dude came at me with a great offer I couldn't pass up. The dude paid me and

the next day I wore them joints to school (junior year high school) swag on a hunnid
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Got home cleaned the bottoms thoroughly, unlaced them like they did back in the day, put em in

a big zip lock bag double boxed etc.. and mailed them out. Dude left a positive when he got em
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I remember buying a pair of beat up 03 Cement 3's for 100 and painting the midsole really nicely and cleaning the shoe thoroughly. Ended up selling them for 235. So before any Captain-save- a shoe comes through with the stone face, I gotta be honest and admit I've done some grimy things too.
You two are both %*@+$%## 
laugh.gif
. Oh you mad especially. 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

You guys saying unlacing that crappy factory lace job makes the shoes not deadstock are out of your minds. How does that affect ANYTHING about the value/condition of a shoe, or whether it's worn or not? It releases an unnatural tension that is deforming your precious shoes. Some of y'all are way OCD on this stuff. What's next? If the paper in the box is moved around because somebody took the shoe out to inspect it, that makes it NDS? What about display models?

If a shoe hasn't been worn outside, and there are zero signs of it being worn (i.e. dirt on the soles, creasing, etc.), it's deadstock to me. If there's not any outward sign of wear, how on earth can you guys even tell something has been tried on or not?

If we're gonna get technical about the term "deadstock," the sneaker culture has taken it and given it new meaning. That word was initially used to describe items that were no longer being manufactured. Stores had lots of dead stock in their basement because they couldn't move it. Somewhere along the line, we took it and changed its meaning to represent something that was "brand new."

Peace,
J

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell
oh hell nah. One time only FOH lol
eek.gif
roll.gif

Wow....
Have you guys ever had that seller that says something like "I've only worn these a couple times" then you pm him and find out that he bought them from someone else and he doesn't even know how many times the previous owner wore it.

Definition for deadstock:
merchandize that had been removed from sale, now offered for sale at a later date.

do you know what deadstock means OP?

BNIB is what you're looking for.

People have a BAD habit of this. Just Be honest instead. I remember seeing a thread in the buy/sell forum....
I usually wouldn't call the person out, but when I pointed it out... Dude got EXTREMELY HOT, and started talking reckless. (Kien)
Homie had the all black foamposites, and in the picture u could clearly see the soles were wet, and he didn't even get all the dirt out of the grooves.
Dude had em advertised as "Deadstock"... when u could see they had been worn. The worst part is that dude had the nerve to RE- factory lace them, like they had never been untied. When I called him out he blew up. After a few replies from other members.. He said "it was a mistake I meant to put VNDS" which was obviously a lie. Who wears shoes factory laced?? Not one person on the planet.

I take my pics, u buy them, i gurantee you will like them better than they were pictured. Recently had a guy be so happy cause my shoes were better than they were pictured.

BTW, the number of times they are wore don't mean squat. IF I wear a shoe once but walk for 2 miles on the streets of NY, does that make them still NDS?

Man Idc if I tried on the shoes...on carpet of course and if they are unlaced
so what

Am I really gonna put vnds or worn? ......no...makes no sense

Now actually wearing them around the house or to chill like once and claiming DS.....that's fraud

I hate theses terms you shoes are either new or they arent. This VNDS crap is annoying or the VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVNDS. I wont deal with people that post that stuff

I've known people who use deadstock to refer to shoes that are no longer in stock. I've heard it used both ways.
CWrite78 wrote:
Definition for deadstock:
merchandize that had been removed from sale, now offered for sale at a later date.

do you know what deadstock means OP?

BNIB is what you're looking for.
Yup. Brand new in box was what I used to check for, but now everyone uses DS. If I see even 1 "V" I don't even bother with it. Not worth it unless its someone you know

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by jshortt

OP I was with you up to the "tried on" part. So you're telling me that a brand new pair of shoes from Foot Locker that was tried on for 2 minutes to make sure they fit correctly, then put directly back in the box isn't deadstock? Not sure what that's about.
Nah son, DEADSTOCK means you've never put a foot in them. Never tried on, never walked on, ever seen contact with the ground at all. That is deadstock fam. 
But as far as the term "Deadstock" being thrown around these days, man these +@$!#! don't know ##!+ they be talking about man. Dudes who just really got into sneakers or whatever, throwing around terminology to sound like they know whats good. 

Some fools are clueless. I see it more in the younger crowd, but a lot of older heads got into this ##!+ because they saw that you could make money off it. Even still, a lot of them **!*#%# don't know anything. 

DEADSTOCK MEANS YOU'VE NEVER PUT THEM ON FOOT. EVER. NO DIRT, NO SOCK BALLS, NO CREASES, NOTHING. 

Dudes don't even understand what VNDS means anymore. I just clown them. 

I agree to an extent, but this is just silly. You're telling me that if you walk into a sneaker store and pick up a shoe and it's not the day of release (example- if I went to get a pair of Dunkman Lebron 9's right now) and I buy a pair that a few other people have tried on, they would or wouldn't be deadstock? Furthermore, how would you even know what's been tried on and what hasn't? I'm willing to be a ton of the "DS" kicks in your collection have had a number of other people's feet in them.
alien.gif

Deadstock is one of the biggest misnomers with regard to sneakers.  The actual definition really was linked back to early Eastbay when older shoes would be listed as a "Discontinued Style".

What people claim to be deadstock should really be either NWT - never worn or tried, or BNIB - brand new in box.  NDS is the most subjective term you can use when describing a shoe's condition also.

the irony of your post to include the word "deadstock", and it seems like you don't know the meaning of it yourself.

what you really mean to rant on is the fact that the shoes are supposed to be "unworn, straight out the factory, no one's non-virgin feet has penetrated the insoles, etc."

seriously, the word deadstock doesn't even apply to your post unless the shoes were tucked away for years and isn't available to the mass public anymore.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Over @ I$$ "NDS" used to mean "mowing the lawn shoes"
laugh.gif

Still does...
laugh.gif

Oh YoU MaD - Yeah, I would be mad if I got my hands on those 11s. haha

Back
Top Bottom