Do People Not Know What DEADSTOCK Means These Days? VOL Rant Thread

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

People have a BAD habit of this. Just Be honest instead. I remember seeing a thread in the buy/sell forum....
I usually wouldn't call the person out, but when I pointed it out... Dude got EXTREMELY HOT, and started talking reckless. (Kien)
Homie had the all black foamposites, and in the picture u could clearly see the soles were wet, and he didn't even get all the dirt out of the grooves.
Dude had em advertised as "Deadstock"... when u could see they had been worn. The worst part is that dude had the nerve to RE- factory lace them, like they had never been untied. When I called him out he blew up. After a few replies from other members.. He said "it was a mistake I meant to put VNDS" which was obviously a lie. Who wears shoes factory laced?? Not one person on the planet.

I have to say... Im actually guilty of wearing certian kicks with the factory knot. Im suprised youve never seen anyone do this, its pretty common in the hood.  

Originally Posted by Antidope

Yup. Brand new in box was what I used to check for, but now everyone uses DS. If I see even 1 "V" I don't even bother with it. Not worth it unless its someone you know
What's a "V"?

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Yup. Brand new in box was what I used to check for, but now everyone uses DS. If I see even 1 "V" I don't even bother with it. Not worth it unless its someone you know
What's a "V"?
V for Very. "VNDS"
ohwell.gif

I cringed at what NDS had become when I used to check the MP.

"Nike UVWXYZ sz 10 4/10 condition NDS-beat"

sick.gif

Apparently the only way a shoe can truly be deadstock is if the seller himself pulled it out of the shoe making machine over at Nike...

I bought a shoe, I tried it on but never worn it, the shoe is DS....how much damage can be caused during this process??...OCD at its finest.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Looking back at one of my first deals, I did this dude mad dirty. I had a pair of BRAND NEW NEVER LACED OG 1996 Blk/Red Jordan 11s.

I threw them on ISS with a high price to "Test the waters" I really didnt want to sell them at the time but some dude came at me with a great offer I couldn't pass up. The dude paid me and

the next day I wore them joints to school (junior year high school) swag on a hunnid
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Got home cleaned the bottoms thoroughly, unlaced them like they did back in the day, put em in

a big zip lock bag double boxed etc.. and mailed them out. Dude left a positive when he got em
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
 So you getting scammed for them dunks was just karma. 
If you try on the shoe, its no longer deadstock/brand new

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Apparently the only way a shoe can truly be deadstock is if the seller himself pulled it out of the shoe making machine over at Nike...

I bought a shoe, I tried it on but never worn it, the shoe is DS....how much damage can be caused during this process??...OCD at its finest.
People care about if a shoe is tried on because people's definition of "tried on" is arbitrary. There are people who really just try them on and there are those that wear them for an hour and say "only tried on"

But like I posted earlier, unless you buy the shoe on release date (even then there's no guarantee due to employees), how can you possibly determine that it was never tried on? The employees can re-do the factory lacing in seconds.

QFT. 

Caveat emptor & to each their own... this being a hobby to some while a lucrative business to others plays a lot into what can be considered "DS" or whatnot... If you are a reseller who moves volume I'm pretty sure if/when you try to sell me something it will be as truly DS as you wouldn't do anything past a cursory inspection to see if there are major flaws or b-grade issues.

For the collector who has a mass collection, DS could mean he/she tried the shoe on for fit, wore it on the floor at the shoe store, then rewrapped/boxed it up to add to his collection. Normally, that's me... I try the shoe to see if it's for me, fit & aesthetics wise, then move on. There are a few pairs I've bought on sight that avoided my foot & just sit on my shelf, thus earning the true definition of DS, BNIB, what have you.

In the end, just don't buy garbage you'll regret
frown.gif
, ask for detailed pics
nerd.gif
, avoid newbs/smokeshow artists
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
, and ask for refs.

What this hobby/game/fad/collecting OCD sickness needs is a d*^$@ Overstreet Price Guide like they used to do for comics
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

People care about if a shoe is tried on because people's definition of "tried on" is arbitrary. There are people who really just try them on and there are those that wear them for an hour and say "only tried on"
Exactly. The concept isn't hard people, don't put the shoe on your foot and its considered Deadstock.
Is a girl a still virgin if a dude only smashed once? This ain't no different... 

Originally Posted by iYen

laugh.gif
at the terms people use nowadays to up the price of what they're trying to sell.

'slighty worn'
'worn for about 15 minutes'
'great restoration project'

laugh.gif
 aye!, while looking up an example on how to price my DMP i came across that exact description just yesterday

Originally Posted by PRIME

MarcMac360 wrote:
ksteezy wrote:

Exactly. The concept isn't hard people, don't put the shoe on your foot and its considered Deadstock.
Is a girl a still virgin if a dude only smashed once? This ain't no different... 

indifferent.gif
  There is a huge difference.

A shoe being tried once to ensure proper fit and a woman performing her first sexual act to completion are two entirely different things. To even compare them makes me question your priority's in life and entire state of mind.

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

What's a "V"?
V for Very. "VNDS"
ohwell.gif

Gotcha -thanks.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

MarcMac360 wrote:

indifferent.gif

A shoe being tried once to ensure proper fit and a woman performing her first sexual act to completion are two entirely different things. To even compare them makes me question your priority's in life and entire state of mind.

The comparison would've been better if he had asked, "is a woman still a virgin if the guy only gets one pump?"

Originally Posted by IHaveMyOwnOpinion

dankenstien88 wrote:

indifferent.gif

The comparison would've been better if he had asked, "is a woman still a virgin if the guy only gets one pump?"

laugh.gif
    Exactly ! 

There was someone on the NT facebook page trying to get rid of some kicks listing them as DS. Then he displays an on-foot picture of the shoe lmao

dankenstien88 wrote:

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
    Exactly ! 

Either way, is she? Is the shoe still Deadstock? Both answers are no. 
When people cop "one to rock and one to stock" isn't it obvious that the 2nd pair has never touched a foot before? The first pair is the pair that you try on and do the rest of that nonsense with, and the 2nd pair stays DS in the box until the owner decides to put them on foot. 

I don't get whats so hard to understand about the concept. Dudes come up with so many loopholes to justify their definition, but at the end of the day, if the shoe has been put on it ain't DS anymore. Thats how it went years ago, and I don't know where dudes got the idea that things have changed. 

dankenstien88 wrote:

laugh.gif
    Exactly ! 
When people cop "one to rock and one to stock" isn't it obvious that the 2nd pair has never touched a foot before? The first pair is the pair that you try on and do the rest of that nonsense with, and the 2nd pair stays DS in the box until the owner decides to put them on foot. 

I don't get whats so hard to understand about the concept. Dudes come up with so many loopholes to justify their definition, but at the end of the day, if the shoe has been put on it ain't DS anymore. Thats how it went years ago, and I don't know where dudes got the idea that things have changed. 

Bruh... That is NOT "how it went years ago".

Back in the day "Dead Stock" meant out of production shoes (or really any product for that matter) that did not originally sell well. This stock was usually shipped out to outlets and recovery sales stores when retailers like footlocker needed to make room for "New Stock". Many of these "Dead Stock" shoes had been tried on, yellowed and sometimes even smashed/creased because the OG box was usually discarded and the shoes were often jammed in crates by the dozens for shipping purposes.

This is true. A trend started and it's just a bad practice. I wouldn't be able to do it. I sold my aquas recently where I wore once and cleaned them right after. The dude said what you wore these once? I can't tell.

dankenstien88 wrote:

laugh.gif
    Exactly ! 

Bruh... That is NOT "how it went years ago".

Back in the day "Dead Stock" meant out of production shoes (or really any product for that matter) that did not originally sell well. This stock was usually shipped out to outlets and recovery sales stores when retailers like footlocker needed to make room for "New Stock". Many of these "Dead Stock" shoes had been tried on, yellowed and sometimes even smashed/creased because the OG box was usually discarded and the shoes were often jammed in crates by the dozens for shipping purposes.

Whatever you say boss. All I know is, I wouldn't try on kicks and tell someone they're DS. If I'm telling you a pair of kicks are DS then your foot will be the first foot ever to touch down in them. I know the definition you just threw at me, and you're right. But we ain't talking about kicks from a retailer. We talking about kicks that someone is selling out of their crib. Dudes try to pass EVERYTHING off as DS. Cats try to clean them up and stuff them to take ebay/NT/ISS pics and trick fools out here.
I wouldn't do that to anyone. When reselling kicks, my morals and standards are exactly that. If you cop off of me, and I say they're DS, then fam, you're popping the cherry when you put them joints on. 

Back
Top Bottom