Do people really believe in Angels?

lobotomybeats

Supporter
This isn't an anti-religion thread or anything like that. I was just wondering if any you actually believe in angels? Do you think angels are real or do people just use them metaphorically when they say an angel was watching over them?

:lol: It's made up nonsense. The work of pure fiction.

What gets me though is that angels had to be morphed in to a certain image for them to even be prevalent today. You wouldn't have a saying like "She looks like an angel" if they were depicted as described in the bible which were some freaky lsd tripping acid binging psychedelic looking creatures.

When ppl say it I think it's a metaphor/figure of speech or they were just conditioned to use the word flippantly. Anyone who believes in it literally is silly to me.

Last edited:
I think they're something else, not like human souls. Indifferent, working the "backstage" of life. I'm not talking about science or religion either.

laugh.gif
It's made up nonsense. The work of pure fiction.
What gets me though is that angels had to be morphed in to a certain image for them to even be prevalent today. You wouldn't have a saying like "She looks like an angel" if they were depicted as described in the bible which were some freaky lsd tripping acid binging psychedelic looking creatures.
When ppl say it I think it's a metaphor/figure of speech or they were just conditioned to use the word flippantly. Anyone who believes in it literally is silly to me.
dead on. all of it.

I think they're something else, not like human souls. Indifferent, working the "backstage" of life. I'm not talking about science or religion either.
*inhale*

*exhale*

OK.

You believe that they are "something else"

What is it then?

I'm just curious.

See my thing is, if you're unwilling to talk about what it is that you assert, then can you really be mad when others tell you that you haven't done a good job of expressing yourself?

I'm not saying you're wrong.

But if you're right, by what assertions are you willing to substantiate to support your claim?

The way they're described in the good book is very different from what the common perception of an angel is. In the Bible, they're described as terrifying creatures with multiple wings, non-human features, and are often literally on fire.

No.
I also don't want think santa claus or the tooth fairy are real.
I'm a big boy now.

Last edited:
The way they're described in the good book is very different from what the common perception of an angel is. In the Bible, they're described as terrifying creatures with multiple wings, non-human features, and are often literally on fire.

I think you are thinking of the Hells Angels. They are just a biker gang.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
It's made up nonsense. The work of pure fiction.

COMPLETELY agree.

Its almost 2013 you guys. 

I shouldn't feel bad for thinking you're a silly little person for believing in this stuff.

Society is so far beyond that right now. 

Do us all a favor. Evolve. Learn. Something
laugh.gif

:lol: It's made up nonsense. The work of pure fiction.
What gets me though is that angels had to be morphed in to a certain image for them to even be prevalent today. You wouldn't have a saying like "She looks like an angel"
if they were depicted as described in the bible which were some freaky lsd tripping acid binging psychedelic looking creatures..

Reminds of the lyrics to a song called 'Cloud Blood.'

every other song someones trying to write
angels into the world
every ace every grace every near miss
every decent kiss by a pretty girl
'she was an angel'
'she looked like an angel'
'and all of the angels did sing'
'and the angels were watching'
'and the angels were listening'
and the angels were on hand to stand in for everything

+1 I don't think we're just living on this planet because all the puzzle pieces came together in order to sustain life on this planet.

*inhale*

*exhale*

OK.

What is it then?

I'm just curious.

See my thing is, if you're unwilling to talk about what it is that you assert, then can you really be mad when others tell you that you haven't done a good job of expressing yourself?

But if you're right, by what assertions are you willing to substantiate to support your claim?

Calm down bruh, I'm surprised you didn't put up a wall of paragraphs. haha jk

I can feel your frustration on how you responded to my post. I'm not trying to push my ideas or believes onto anybody. I simply put out the energy out there and it's up to whoever reads it to think about it or just shrug it off. However, sometimes you know it's real without any proof of evidence. I'm not claiming anything, somethings are just simply what they are. Also, I think that some "evidence" might make sense to certain individuals and to others might sounds crazy. From my experience of waking up half asleep and seeing "shadow people," makes me wonder all types of possibilities.

two cents.

+1 I don't think we're just living on this planet because all the puzzle pieces came together in order to sustain life on this planet.
What do you mean by puzzle pieces?

Life isn't THAT complex.

The quarks come together in specific confirmations to give rise to atoms and further clusters of atoms in certain environments that give rise to more energetically favorable and interacting systems.

It just goes on and on.

I never understood this argument that "life is too complex"

How many other instances of life are you comparing it to? 

Life isn't THAT complex.

The quarks come together in specific confirmations to give rise to atoms and further clusters of atoms in certain environments that give rise to more energetically favorable and interacting systems.

It just goes on and on.

How did you know this is the truth? Did you do your own research and found the same result? Do you simple believe this because it is what scientist say on their books?

People think the world they live in is what it is because someone or some people already made their "reality" for them. It's kind of like people lean towards religions to justified what they can't explained and give the religion the responsibility to make sense of things.

Last edited:
*inhale*

*exhale*

OK.

What is it then?

I'm just curious.

Calm down bruh, I'm surprised you didn't put up a wall of paragraphs. haha jk

I'm plenty calm. Stop being defensive.
I can feel your frustration on how you responded to my post. I'm not trying to push my ideas or believes onto anybody.
Yo. Ya'll have to stop doing this disclaimer on stuff.
roll.gif

No one cares what you're trying to "push" or anything. You said your piece, now you're trying to pull that "well I don't want no harm" card.

Come on son.

We're talking about ideas so stop thinking you're just being all benevolent and that anyone who responds to you is looking for trouble.
 I simply put out the energy out there and it's up to whoever reads it to think about it or just shrug it off.
OK... We get it.

You want to talk and have no one respond to you. 
laugh.gif

However, sometimes you know it's real without any proof of evidence.
How about them unicorns, brah? 
I'm not claiming anything, somethings are just simply what they are.
Uh...yeah you are.

Thats what the burden of proof is.

If you say something, you're responsible for backing it up.

You do it all the time.

I ask you to prove you went to the store. You show me your odometer or a store receipt. 

I ask you to prove that its worth drafting this kid from high school. You show me some video tapes and let me see him in practice.

I ask you to prove that your alibi works out on the night your girlfriend was murder. You show me some security cameras or the GPS locations logged from your cell phone.

But all of a sudden, now you're too good to actually back up your arguments?

Well take it like this.

If you can't express yourself, I won't do it for you.

So even if you're SUPER right, then you haven't done your part to substantiate your arguments. 
 Also, I think that some "evidence" might make sense to certain individuals and to others might sounds crazy. From my experience of waking up half asleep and seeing "shadow people," makes me wonder all types of possibilities.
SHADOW PEOPLE?

...WHAT?

So its not even that you were hallucinating.

HAD to be shadow people. 
laugh.gif

OK...anything supporting that it was ACTUALLY shadow people?

two cents.
See ya'll keep doing this "well I'm just saying" type gig. 

It gets old.

Say what you're saying and stand by it.

The only reason ya'll backtrack so much is that you all KNOW it doesn't make sense, so you maintain this wall of plausible deniability that allows you to adopt an idea but never really be responsible for anything it asserts.

Otherwise, if your idea really had some sort of legitimacy, you wouldn't be so willing to pull out the disclaimer.

^ You based on your believe on other people's influence, I based mine on personal experience. You laugh because you can't understand my experience but don't worry you'll get there. I'm not arguing.

Life isn't THAT complex.

It just goes on and on.

How did you know this is the truth? Did you do your own research and found the same result? 
Yes. You can ask what I do for a living if you'd like. 
laugh.gif

Do you simple believe this because it is what scientist say on their books?
You mean things that have been consistently, objectively and repeatedly proven and tested?

Sure.

But I don't say I "believe" it. I understand the things they assert. 

Belief is subject to bias and indicates a sort of blind association. 
People think the world they live in is what it is because someone or some people already made their "reality" for them. It's kind of like people lean towards religions to justified what they can't explained and give the religion the responsibility to make sense of things.
Using religion to answer questions doesn't mean those answers are actually accurate or in any way reasonable. 

^ You based on your believe on other people's influence, I based mine on personal experience. You laugh because you can't understand my experience but don't worry you'll get there. I'm not arguing.
What is a shadow person.

You said you saw one.

I'm asking you for proof. 

If something is real, it should exist without respect to the observer. 

Last edited:
I'm plenty calm. Stop being defensive.

Yo. Ya'll have to stop doing this disclaimer on stuff.:rofl:

No one cares what you're trying to "push" or anything. You said your piece, now you're trying to pull that "well I don't want no harm" card.

Come on son.

We're talking about ideas so stop thinking you're just being all benevolent and that anyone who responds to you is looking for trouble.

OK... We get it.

You want to talk and have no one respond to you. :lol:

How about them unicorns, brah? 

Uh...yeah you are.

Thats what the burden of proof is.

If you say something, you're responsible for backing it up.

You do it all the time.

I ask you to prove you went to the store. You show me your odometer or a store receipt. 

I ask you to prove that its worth drafting this kid from high school. You show me some video tapes and let me see him in practice.

I ask you to prove that your alibi works out on the night your girlfriend was murder. You show me some security cameras or the GPS locations logged from your cell phone.

But all of a sudden, now you're too good to actually back up your arguments?

Well take it like this.

If you can't express yourself, I won't do it for you.

So even if you're SUPER right, then you haven't done your part to substantiate your arguments. 

SHADOW PEOPLE?

...WHAT?

So its not even that you were hallucinating.

HAD to be shadow people. :lol:

OK...anything supporting that it was ACTUALLY shadow people?

See ya'll keep doing this "well I'm just saying" type gig. 

It gets old.

Say what you're saying and stand by it.

The only reason ya'll backtrack so much is that you all KNOW it doesn't make sense, so you maintain this wall of plausible deniability that allows you to adopt an idea but never really be responsible for anything it asserts.

Otherwise, if your idea really had some sort of legitimacy, you wouldn't be so willing to pull out the disclaimer.

Oh :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom