Do people really believe in Angels?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LB you knew damn well what would become of this thread when you created it.
Dude knew what he was doing
laugh.gif
Like clockwork, two admitted theists making fun of a religion thread instead of participating in it.

How ironic.

You'd think a gang of people who believed in this stuff would actually care to talk about it. 

lady I worked with said she saw angels watching her on the operating table. I asked if she was sure, if those weren't doctors/nurses that she thought were angels due to the circumstances.

never heard someone change the subject so fast :lol:

let me begin by saying  my family and i are not at all religious...my grandma is but she lived in another state and had no influence on us whatsoever..when my grandfather died a week or 2 after my lil brother who was maybe 4 or 5 at the time got up from his bed and walked to my parents room and just stood there and my mom woke up and just saw him staring above her, my mom then called to him and he just casually got into the bed with her and my stepdad, my mom then asked him what he was doing there and he said that he was looking at the lady floating looking at my mom...im not one of those religious types but in my opinion i think only those who are pure or are innocent children can see them..and i doubt theres any pure people left..i dont know if they're angels but theres obviously some type of spirit or such that comes to us in bad times or situations, i know ive had alot of near death experiences i was in a car crash but the light pole split the car down the middle, when the cop almost shot me he fired but missed me..there are so many to name..i have never ever even read the bible and dont know much about it.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LB you knew damn well what would become of this thread when you created it.
Dude knew what he was doing
laugh.gif
Like clockwork, two admitted theists making fun of a religion thread instead of participating in it.

How ironic.

You'd think a gang of people who believed in this stuff would actually care to talk about it. 
laugh.gif
 Dammit where is the rolling emoticon when you need it?

"Making fun of a religion thread"? By saying that OP probably knew what would become of it? Okay 
laugh.gif

A few of the comments here were genuinely mirth-inducing. They came from detractors of religion, not that I care one way or the other. See quoted below.

Being a contrarian just for the sake of being a contrarian MUST be exhausting.

The way they're described in the good book is very different from what the common perception of an angel is. In the Bible, they're described as terrifying creatures with multiple wings, non-human features, and are often literally on fire.
I think you are thinking of the Hells Angels. They are just a biker gang.

Yes, i believe.

I think if someone does believe, they shouldn't get bashed by those who don't.

Why can't you agree to disagree and leave it at that?

It gets exhausting and I couldn't care less about how you feel about my beliefs.

Not everything has to be a debate.
Because you seem to think that your opinions exist in a vacuum, untouchable or free from criticism. 

Yes, i believe.
I think if someone does believe, they shouldn't get bashed by those who don't.
What?

I don't see anyone getting bashed. I only see people challenging assertions here. Let me know if anyone gets called a poopy face. 

its not like "belief" is admirable or something. Because its not. 
laugh.gif

Last time I checked, believing in something without any proof wasn't really useful.

I don't see you all just blasting through red lights. 

Ya'll really think opinions make you free from having people address your claims. 

Theists and their beliefs aren't free from being challenged. 

let me begin by saying  my family and i are not at all religious...my grandma is but she lived in another state and had no influence on us whatsoever..when my grandfather died a week or 2 after my lil brother who was maybe 4 or 5 at the time got up from his bed and walked to my parents room and just stood there and my mom woke up and just saw him staring above her, my mom then called to him and he just casually got into the bed with her and my stepdad, my mom then asked him what he was doing there and he said that he was looking at the lady floating looking at my mom...im not one of those religious types but in my opinion i think only those who are pure or are innocent children can see them..and i doubt theres any pure people left..i dont know if they're angels but theres obviously some type of spirit or such that comes to us in bad times or situations,
So...OBVIOUSLY where is the evidence of this? 
laugh.gif

What spirits are you talking of? 

Got details for that claim?
 i know ive had alot of near death experiences i was in a car crash but the light pole split the car down the middle, when the cop almost shot me he fired but missed me..there are so many to name..i have never ever even read the bible and dont know much about it.
A near death experience?

What does that mean? I swear that phrase is one of the most annoying things ever. It makes NO sense.

Would you rather have died? 
laugh.gif

Walking down the street is a "near death experience" 

Driving in the rain is a "near death experience"

Flying on a plane is a "near death experience"

Would you RATHER have been shot?

Would you RATHER have died in a car crash? 

A miracle is nothing more than a statistical rarity. You lived through a car crash? Thank the manufacturers of your vehicle and mandated safety features. 

I'm assuming you don't believe in love?

When your parent(s) / gf or bf say(said) they love(d) you, what do you feel/say ? 

I am not religious, and actually, I abhor religion. However, I am not against the belief in a higher power. That said, I maintain daily discipline through the belief in my ancestors, those who've walked the earth before me, that they are actually watching me, looking out for me, during my travels. Some may call them angels, and that's cool. But I try to make sure that I do not do anything that they may frown upon, which really keeps me out of trouble during my movements from day to day.

As far as actual angels existing, or even interfering with our lives, I really do not know. But I've had an experience or two with actual people, those that made me think that there may actually be something a bit bigger out there.  

What?

I don't see anyone getting bashed. I only see people challenging assertions here. Let me know if anyone gets called a poopy face. 

its not like "belief" is admirable or something. Because its not. :lol:

Last time I checked, believing in something without any proof wasn't really useful.

I don't see you all just blasting through red lights. 

Ya'll really think opinions make you free from having people address your claims. 

Theists and their beliefs aren't free from being challenged. 

Not gonna go back n forth with you. I'll believe in what i want, you believe in what you want.

Not gonna go back n forth with you. I'll believe in what i want, you believe in what you want.
lol.. i don't belive in that bulll**** about some one watching over me..that ishh is for the birds man. and mind you i come from a deep rooter christian family.

eff a god.lmfao

FutureMD is always on defense, I really wonder what's really going on? I mean what are you trying to prove?

I swear FutureMD's favorite pastime is making injurious assumptions/inane statements and then conveniently failing to address the people after they respond to him. 
laugh.gif

Why can't you agree to disagree and leave it at that?

It gets exhausting and I couldn't care less about how you feel about my beliefs.

Not everything has to be a debate.
Because you seem to think that your opinions exist in a vacuum, untouchable or free from criticism. 
No one said that.

We get it, you think religion is stupid. Fine.

Why can't you leave it at that?

You're on a board beating up your keyboard for what? To make yourself feel like a winner and for reps?

Let it go dude.

Last edited:
lol.. i don't belive in that bulll**** about some one watching over me..that ishh is for the birds man. and mind you i come from a deep rooter christian family.
eff a god.lmfao

Guess i'm a bird then. You don't wanna believe in it, fine, don't be one of those ppl who bash on others beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom