Do teens give respect to older guys who collect????

I'm 25 and have been collecting since I was 13 and I have respect for the "TRUE" collectors. Weither your 15, or your 50 if you collect for thelove of collecting then your cool in my book.
People who are hype beasts are the ones we as collectors need to shun, not the young cats or the "OGs".

[Consequence]
"We're showing you the good, the bad, the ugly....."

laugh.gif

alot of these so-called "Old Heads" been talking real greasey about the young collectors. saying the youngsters are the reason the game is wack. and im here to tell yall, thats FALSE! the real reason the sneaker game is wack is THEM! the so-called OLD-HEADS.

thats right, i said it! ill be 25 this year, so im right in the middle. and im from the swagga capitol, so i remember the fresh dope dealers, and i had big brothers that used to shop for me. so i know what im talking about. back in the day, it was about the fly NEW stuff. people werent wearing the 4s when the 6s were out. that was corny. it was all about the NEW jordans. so collecting sneakers never made sense. if it was all about whats new, whats the point in saving ur old sneakers? only geeks was doing that. thats why when the retros first came out, nobody was really buying them. so all you n****s talking bout, i got all my sneakers from the 80s, so what? the real fly n****s through the old kicks away to make room for the NEW ones.

then nike designs started to suck. and around 98-99 the old stuff started looking better than the new stuff. and thats when people started reaching back for the classics again. and the GEEKS that saved all their classics finally got their shine. OLD GEEKS bred YOUNG GEEKS, and now you have terms like "OG collectors" lol whatever. these geeks have no authority to tell you whats fly and whats not. theyve never even been fly before. they star tack watching, comic book collecting, nerds! "OG"? lmao. youve been had. hoodwinked. bamboozled. run a muck. led a stray.

moral of the story is, buy the sneakers you like. not cause jordan was the greatest. not cause the fresh prince wore them. not cause they used to be popular. not cause they say "nike air" on the back. and CERTAINLY not cause a sneaker geek says theyre hot. buy them cause they look good. if not, then move on. and the next time some old geek tells you "my jordans say NIKE AIR!" tell them "let it go OLD GEEK." and laugh.
Post of the year thus far...

I wear all my *$+%, go I guess I'm not a "collector" using shoes like they sports cards and what not.
laugh.gif

Respect these older dudes as HUMAN BEINGS. But don't respect them if they act a little condescending and "feel" that they are superior over you.They probably know or OWN more, but they really don't have to blatantly point it out.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Why should young people care about us when the company itself has forgotten about us and left us in the dust?

I don't blame kids for the state of sneakers today. I blame the company for releasing limited quantities. In that Gentry interview he said with the XX3 he wanted to bring back "the chase" because back in the day if you didn't get the shoes when they came out it was too bad for you as they would all be gone. That's the biggest bunch of crap I ever heard. I would beg my parents for months before they got me the sneakers and they were always still available. Limited was not in JB's vocabulary back in the day.

gentry is a fraud. us old farts are long forgotten so he can lie through his teeth about what it used to be like back in the day because the little kidsdont know jack either way. they buy into it thinking theyre now part of the real deal. it is what it is. im knocking countdown packs off my list as the yeargoes on just because i dont feel like messing with the hassle, and im sure as hell not paying over retail for anything. the xx3s might just end up doing mefine for 08.

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

being 20, i kinda see the middle.

teens respect OG heads muchhhh more than OG heads respect teenagers

thats because teenagers are all stupid, and they wont even realize it for another five to ten years. but ask them now and they know it all.

Originally Posted by mr delorean

thats because teenagers are all stupid, and they wont even realize it for another five to ten years. but ask them now and they know it all.

Originally Posted by KampoutKid

roll.gif

Could you please clarify your previous statement? Do you mean they are stupid to respect OG heads or did I not read in between the lines?

IM 29,AND PERSONALLY IM DISAPPOINTED THAT NIKETALK HAS COME TO THIS.I MEAN SERIOUSLY,WHATS WITH THIS OLD SCHOOL VS. NEW SCHOOL COLLECTORS BEEFING? A PERSONCANT CONTROL WHEN THEY'RE BORN,SO WHATS THE USE??? ALTHOUGH I CONSIDER MYSELF A "OG" IN THE GAME, I KNOW PLENTY OF YOUNGER CATS THAT HAVE ASMUCH,IF NOT MORE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE CULTURE THAN SOME OF THE OLD SCHOOLERS. CASE IN POINT: REAL RECOGNIZES REAL ALL DAY,NO MATTER WHAT AGE OR GENERATION U MAYCOME FROM. LETS CUT THE BS....

CED B.

I respect any sneakerhead. I probably respect the older guys more because they were part of the generation that started the sneaker culture we have today.

i dont care about who know alot about jordans i watched jordan sense a kid i was like 5 watching basketball and i loved his kicks and living in nyc trust meeverybody had jordans as i was growing up the funny thing i remember jordans from 1992-up as i was growing and now i know more and before it was hard for mymother to spent 100-150 dollars on pair of sneakers but now my mother just keeps telling me why do i buy so much sneakers and so expensive and she also tellsme you only have 2 feet i laugh and say well when i was kid i wanted alot of jordans but she couldn't afford them now i have so many i forget witch ones ihave and trust me as young kid i look at my closet and i still feel like need to have more kicks i know dudes that i went to school there just crazy withcopping heat and have over so many kicks u cant even go to there rooms thats how jam packed i know i still have alot to catch to the old heads but to tell thetruth old head respect the kid cause they know whats poppin trust me nyc is always been odee about copping jordans everybody is fiends basically thats a newyork thing the great thing about it MJ was born i brooklyn..so that makes us New Yorkers Crazy When They Release a Crazy Pair never Seen Lines Like How SeenWhen the DMPs Came Out people were Lining up like around 11:30pm its just crazy i even seen kid getting jumped stomped for the dmps .

so I've taken some time to think about this and honestly, the only person who should be receiving the respect upon this whole issue is MICHAEL JORDANhimself. Without him, Air Jordans wouldn't be in existence neither would this whole subject.....

I'm 36 so I don't need to go into my history with Jordan's since it's pretty obvious.
I respect young cats who have a love, respect and understanding for the heritage and history of the shoe as well as the man himself. I can vibe with them forhours just talking about Jordan's, telling them what it was like back then trying to cop new releases compared to now. Talk about MJ's games that theywere to young to see or not yet born and things like that. I never demand their respect, I just earn it by being real and schooling them.
But............. There are those young boys who have no clue about the shoe other than that's what's being hyped and they have to have it to be cool orfit in. Example, For most old heads the Black/Red retro VIII brings back memories of the bulls first 3-peat and the classic Jordan vs Barkley battle. The shoebrings you back where as these young boys buy them because they're so hyped and if they have them they'll get attention. Then some have the nerve tobrag about all the Jordan's they have, like I have this pair and that pair. I just smile and tell em' they ain't impressing me because I waswearing those same one's when they were still at the teet. :lol:
Anyway, I respect those who are real with it and you can usually tell who is within 2 minutes of a conversation.

No one in this forum deserves respect because they have been collecting shoes longer then someone else or that they saw MJ play more. You have to earnsomeone's respect, you don't just get it because you're above the age of 30....

Originally Posted by Horowibd

I respect any sneakerhead. I probably respect the older guys more because they were part of the generation that started the sneaker culture we have today.
Noooo.... The sneaker culture we have TODAY was started by OUR generation, the "young generation". Most of the shoes bought in todays sneakerculture are retro models. Old heads weren't rockin old retro sneaks when they were comin up in the game. Retro game started comin up in the 90's.

The whole "scene" (for lack of a better term) is a mess.

We can point the blame in each/every direction...

Whether it's the young guns who think their butt don't stink,

Or it's the veterans who think everyone else is inferior,

Or maybe even Gentry for slapping limited quanitites on almost all releases.

Have we ever thought that it's all of the above?

But realistically, it shouldn't even be about what's been going on... It should be about what should we do to change this.

We're too busy analyzing what's been going on and what STILL is going on,

That we're failing to realize that we can change the way we're all acting towards each other.

I don't mean to sound like a revolutionary Dr. Phil in this piece,

But forreal... Attitudes like these gets old, and it's making a lot of us sick.

This is 1 of the main reasons why I'm becoming less and less of a people person and hate to strike conversation with sneaker folks.

It allows me to avoid any name calling or judgmental assumptions in either direction...

'Cause after all, like 160jordansdeep said:
Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

All I need is the sneakers.

I'd rather have "sneakerheads" (old and new) talk to each other like normal people,

Than to discuss stuff like, "Ohh you have 30 pairs? You peon."

Which will lead to the name calling and disrespect that's been going on for the past few years.

It's becoming a penis-measuring contest...

Whether you're old or new, you know damn well that this is what it was NEVER about.

Originally Posted by E Villian

Noooo.... The sneaker culture we have TODAY was started by OUR generation, the "young generation". Most of the shoes bought in todays sneaker culture are retro models. Old heads weren't rockin old retro sneaks when they were comin up in the game. Retro game started comin up in the 90's.
Sorry, but do you know how stupid you sound?

I hope you at least know what retro means...

Respect because of the shoes you wear? Give me a break. My first pair were the Carmines, i used them for basketball, for soccer, for flag football... I usedthem until they had holes and were tossed away. Not once did I think, wow if I kept this in pristine condition with silica packs, they might be worth somethingin the future.
laugh.gif

These are just sneakers. I could care less if any 'teen' shows me respect, they don't know me and I don't know them. As far as the Branditself, I could care less about them too. I have more than enough Jordans and I am very satisfied with my 2 closet full of Jordans.

i got great respect for the older collectors/buyers and im 16 years old. i got respect for them because they truly saw jordan play and that is what drives themto buy these classic sneakers. i personally buy and love sneakers, which is geatly influenced by playing ball. however, younger kids nowadays ARE mostlyhypebeast, they buy the shoes for attention (high school), and they don't appreciate or know the history behind these kicks. like this kid who always wearjays in my class, he was rockin the spizikes and a girl asked what the logos on the back stood for, he was like "i dont know". i'm not saying ugotta know everything but at least appreciate what the shoe resembles. this is MY opinion on this topic, so its not wrong or right.

Noooo.... The sneaker culture we have TODAY was started by OUR generation, the "young generation". Most of the shoes bought in todays sneaker culture are retro models. Old heads weren't rockin old retro sneaks when they were comin up in the game. Retro game started comin up in the 90's.
E Villian, wow.. Im embarrased for how stupid you sound.
embarassed.gif

Everything you said is completely rediculous. Old heads werent rockin the retro sneaks, as they were too busy rocking the og's.

You probably pissed your pants for the fire red 3 release, huh?

This is insane i understand the whole "history" behind the shoes and have respect for people who have a knowledge of it but I do not understand whatis wrong with someone buying something cuz it looks good or preforms well not becuz it makes u feel warm and fuzzy inside but y should they be penalized becuzthey dont know or care about the history becuz honestly i think if u buy shoes just becuz of micheal and not becuz u actually like the shoe becuz buying a shoejust because of its history knowing it is ugly makes absolutely no sense like the bordeaux 7's which in my opinion is one of THE UGLIEST SHOES EVER MADEbut are other peoples holy grail and i understand there are people who buy shoes because it's what everbody is wearing but no matter who u r society hassome influence on what we all wear not just shoes but clothes and everything and another thing nobody cares that u had the originals ok i dont likenike air on shoes anywayz and if u think I should respect you just because you were born befor me u are out of your mind ok its not my faultyour older than me and quite frankly i dont envy your old age

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Ignorance is bliss.

I'm over 30 and dont need the respect of anyone because of whatever shoes I wear.

I have respect for alot of younger dudes who like myself will still be wearing the shoes long after the "fad" dies out.

i do respect older guys because they been in the game longer than the teens....the older guys usually have the OGs but teenagers dont really have OGs causethey must of started collecting around their teenage time but we do got good style to go with the jayz on our feet....the older guys they just put wtvr n putthe jayz on like for ex. spike lee he was wearin the all star 23s at the superbowl game and he wasnt matching or looking right with the shoes...his gear killedhis style but not his sneakers.....but i know the older guys have more jordans than the teens but also i think older guys should give us respect cause wejordan heads also...theres no point on hating on each other.....we all cop shoes fo a livin ....the only peoples we should hate on is the ones who be rockingfake jordans

Back
Top Bottom