Do the "masses" influence your buy decision?

No. The masses don't dictate what I buy whether its shoes, car, anything. I buy what I like, and like what I buy.

The masses don't influence my buying decision of whether ultimately I'm gonna pull the trigger on a potential purchase or not but I still pay attentionto the hype or lack of. Worst thing is to get caught slippin.......and I learned my lesson years ago.

Lets be honest here.

EVERYONE is influenced by something, not just personal motivation.

Whether it be a miniscule 3rd party influence or a gigantic hypebeast size influence; everyone is. Period.

And it could even be within the unconscious mind as well, so you could never even know it...

To the topic starter: Your experience today is what is known as being a HYPEBEAST!

The self-esteem on this board gets lower and lower with every new post...

But ultimately to answer your question, yes. Everyone at some point in time has. It is also why this website is the greatest free marketing tool ever! Stufflike this makes me wish I switched my major lol.

buy what you really like. every knoe that thoes oly vi's could of been way better and slept on these. still most are soldout, but many were only bout forresell.

But ultimately to answer your question, yes. Everyone at some point in time has. It is also why this website is the greatest free marketing tool ever!
Basically

yup on that 6 17 pack
but i aint got either decided to cop and 17s came perfect
plus i like both of em so its all good
17s are too comply imo

negative, the best example are the fiba AJ VI's, although i love VI's, these are just too much for me. i only wanted to choose the followings: IV'sto IX's OG colors (because i'm old school), I's and XXIII's only.

I never fall for the hype. Think about it. Why would you buy a shoe that you only think is hot because it sold out. Half the stock was prob bought by resellersanyways. Plus, is the shoe hot enough so you can wear it and enjoy it? Or do you have to have other people validate it to make you want to wear it? I only copwhat I really like because when it all comes down to it, no one else is going to wear them and enjoy them but you, so you might as well be 100% sure you likethem.

The 'masses' love the garbage JB produces nowadays. As long as it has bright colors and a Jumpman logo on it, the people will buy it.Which is why JBkeeps coming out with wack colorway retros and ******ed hybrid releases. That being said, my answer is no. I buy what I like, and not what other people deemfit as 'in' or 'cool'.

Perhaps one other factor that influenced me to buy was the bad 8-year-old memory of passing on the Olympic VIs in 2000 (the white/navy shoe), changing my mind,only to find out they were sold out everywhere. I still don't have a pair of those and they are probably my biggest regret in the shoe game.

So i'm sensitive about passing on Olympics, or VIs, or both.

I wont consider buying a shoe that I wouldn't wear...however if I find myself on the fence about a shoe like the original poster was with the OlympicVI's I think the hype surrounding a shoe can easily influence a buyer. Hype alone never makes me wanna buy a shoe but if there is a lot of hype around ashoe that I'm on the fence about I usually buy them just because I wont unDS them until I'm sure I love them. If I decide it was a dumb impulse buy theability to resell a highly hyped shoe becomes much easier.

No, not at all.

I basically buy what I like, but for the most part, I am buying the J's that I missed out on when they originally came out. With this in mind, I still coppsome of the newer stuff if I find it appealing.

What the masses are buying right now does not affect my purchases.

My influence breakdown:

51% Price
18% Color
13% Design
10% "Hype"
8% Availability (Limited? EU/Asia only? etc)

never what I feel is what I feel. If I want a pair of shoes I'm going to buy them even if somebody or everybody says they're hot or not!!

^^^

This guys signature haha "shoes are mean to be worn" but is selling a DS DMP that is several years old...

Back
Top Bottom