Do White People Ever Talk About Being White?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, for example, I'm a Black dude. There are time when I'm talking to another Black person, and someone will end up saying something to the effect of "You know black people be ______ " or "C'mon bruh n words don't be tryna _______" or "Bruh you KNOW ain't no Black woman bout to _______"

Most of the time it's something light or unimportant or humurous being referred to, but sometimes it is said solemnly. I noticed that other ethnic groups and minorities do this as well, but have no idea if straight up White people do this.

I know that Italians and Irish people refer to themselves and people whose families have come to the US within the last 3 or so generations.

The Medditerrean and Eastern Bloc has alot of self-referential humor.

Bur what about people who are just White American?

Last edited:
Why would white people think any different than black people or Mediterranean or irish or etc..

All people are the same under the skin. That means we all think the same too.

Why would white people think any different than black people or Mediterranean or irish or etc..

All people are the same under the skin. That means we all think the same too.

That first part is completely true but that second part NOPE NOPE NOPE
Unfortunately as the world is today there are prevailing presumptions, ideals, and judgements towards every group of people (positive and negative) that promotes different levels of thinking from being privileged to self-hate. We all certainly do not think the same

Insecure people of all ethnicity make self-deprecating jokes about their ethnicity as a result of insecurity. It's not exclusive to any race.

isZZlkE8ohXCL.gif

yes, white people like all people do talk about being in their respective cultures. theres just no such thing as "white culture"

yes, white people like all people do talk about being in their respective cultures. theres just no such thing as "white culture"
Is it American culture then in a generic term or does it fall into a heritage thing like aGerman, British or Russian thing

Is it American culture then in a generic term or does it fall into a heritage thing like aGerman, British or Russian thing
well american culture is the blanket term, theres also NY culture, socal culture ect.. which applies for all races that live in the respective areas, but immigrants from different cultures also have their own traditions on top of the local stuff

like there are a bunch of different cultures in china but as an american looking in it all looks like the same chinese culture. just like how to a chinese person or european, everything in america is thrown under the blanket term of american culture 

I'm white and don't do this. Idc about race and the color of my skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom