Do yall take vitamins

Just wondering as adults do any of you take vitamins if so what do you reccommend?  I remember back in elementary school every morning mom giving me the Flinstones vitamin right with breakfast but that was 20 years ago.

I used to take a multi vitamin and cod liver oil every day..granny was old school so it wasnt even a capsule you could swallow. Had to take it straight off a spoon....them was the days....

Now I take both but less frequently...mostly when I remember to.

Vitamins = convenience

Well balanced healthy diet is ideal obviously but to do that everyday and getting everythhing you need everyday is not happening.

Theres always gonna be the pro vitamin side and the healthy balanced diet side. Just pick one. I prefer to take em just cause I know my diet wont fulfill everything on the list.

you can over saturate your system with vitamin supplements and cause harm.

I think proper diet and eating local foods from your local environment would be better way to get what you need.

I've seen what taking too many pills can do to someones body man and it's not pretty. :smh:

You can't get a lot of vitamins just from eating foods, Vitamin C for example is very important.

Good multivitamin with a healthy diet, lots of greens, helps keeps me going and relatively healthy.

You guys with that proper dieting and local markets talk need to quit playin

Why?

People kill their liver with to many vitamins. And they don't absorb to provide the body with enough of what it needs. Vitamins is a stand in for natural enzyme productions in the body that happen with optimum health.

[COLOR=#red]The science is unclear whether our bodies absorb natural nutrients from food and multivitamins in different ways, according Danesh, but for the most part, researchers believe we consume and use them in the same ways.[/COLOR]

Danesh, who specializes in supplement research, pointed out that there are benefits to eating fruits and vegetables that multivitamins can’t provide. Fruits and vegetables are high in fiber, which has been known to rid the body of irritants and other toxins that can cause disease. Berries are good antioxidants, which have been linked to lower incidences of cardiac and coronary disease.

[COLOR=#red]Multivitamins might not contain every single compound that we need for our health, he added. [/COLOR]Until recently, lycopene, a compound found in red fruits and vegetables like tomatoes and bell peppers, wasn’t included in multivitamins. Doctors have now linked the chemical to anti-angiogenic properties, meaning they lower the incidence of cancers because they reduce blood flow to areas that feed tumor growth. In particular, lycopene-rich foods have been associated with a lower rate of prostate cancer.

[COLOR=#red]In addition, taking a multivitamin doesn't guarantee you're getting all those nutrients. When it comes to water-soluble vitamins, once your body reaches its maximum limit, the person just urinates the excess out. These include the majority of vitamins except for vitamin A, D, E and K, which are fat-soluble. Products that claim that they provide hundreds of percentages over the daily nutritional recommendations may be going down the drain -- literally[/COLOR]

There’s also the fact that multivitamins and nutritional supplements are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration, which means that consumers cannot exactly be sure how much of each vitamin is in each pill.

Even people who try to binge on multivitamins or healthy foods by doing a cleanse or eating healthy for a short period of time probably aren’t doing themselves a favor. If there aren’t permanent dietary lifestyle changes made, they’ll just go back to their nutrient-deficient ways. And, any excess vitamins they consume at this time will just go away.

“You’re going to meet a certain point, and your body is going to pee it up,” Danesh pointed out.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-your-multivitamin-will-and-wont-do-for-you/

Last edited:
Now Foods Super EPA, really only 'vitamin' you need imo unless you already crushing hella fish

i dont take vitamins

my breakfast consists of this blended however:

spinach
hemp milk
hemp seed
flax seed
chia seed
maca powder
fruit

you have 15 minutes to get some place safe after drinking that.

Last edited:
metamucil and centrum silver got your mans feeling good 
pimp.gif

You can't get a lot of vitamins just from eating foods, Vitamin C for example is very important.

Good multivitamin with a healthy diet, lots of greens, helps keeps me going and relatively healthy.

What in the world???

Back
Top Bottom