Do You Care What Your Woman Has On When She Goes Out In Public?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea I didn't say they WERE a #+%$ but you definitely LOOK like one. I don't want any woman I am romantically linked to to be perceived as such. Am I wrong/insecure/controlling for that? Some would say yes. I disagree though.

It isn't respectable. Put it that way. If she wore it in front of my grandmother, I am sure she would try to find a way to keep her coat on.

Also, if a female has to CONSTANTLY adjust her skirt because it keeps "riding up" she shouldn't have it on.

DC, do you care what people think about you?

Just a simple yes or no would suffice.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

That is slutty for you????

Ifit is an event or us girls are going to the nightclub, I would wearsomething like that and I have. But then again, I am single. Usually,to whichever event I am going to, 80% of the other women/girls aredressed that way too. Some will wear something more "slutty" thanothers. But, c'mon DC, that dress is "sluty"?I see nothing "slutty" ortoo revealing about that dress. Yes, sometimes I show a lot ofcleavage, but that is just how the cut of the dress is.I tend to onlydress like that for certain occasions. All my friends will dress thesame way too. Like I said, it is all about how you carry and presentyourself.

So showing lots of legs and cleavage automatically equals slutty?
Yesit does. What adjective would you use? Creating Cleavage ALONE is asexually motivated practice. How can you ignore that? How is showing alot of cleavage NOT make a woman look like a sexual object? I am notunderstanding how you don't see that.

I explained my logic behind the dress. Scroll up.

But again, you might not fully grasp the concept since you are a womanthat admittedly wears items as such. So you might be indirectly takingit as an attack at you so of course you won't see the "wrong" in it.

translation: "you don't get it because you're a !@*%."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Bird is the Word

this whole topic is fail on da basis that da only reason you even care is because you're insecure of what she's doing...

if she's comfy in w/e she's wearing then why should i even care about it? i need me a confident chick.....

it's not about confidence, it's about self respect.

and in any case, a chick who is truly confident doesn't need to show off her body for attention.
 da keyword...locked into your statement is your OPINION, which issubjective....who's to say that a girl who rocks revealing outfits

don't respect themselves? ya guys on NT is nuts....smh, this is why alot of ya is YNS status...

ilet my girl wear whatever da hell she wants, you know why? becausethats her way of expressing her self, i'll be damned if someone tells

me what you wear...im mad even entertaining da idea of someome telling me what to wear outside of work or something...
grin.gif

ifu got enuff swag/charsima to pull it off? hey do you. if u got da bodyof a greek goddess then hey, show it off...da time on earth

istoo short to be worried about da next person's opinion...only thing isyou gotta live by da consequences of your actions. So if u a young

ladylookin sexy out here be prepared to get gawked and holla'ed at24/7...if u OK with that then by all means do you..if u not built for it

then adjust your style accordingly.

Damn it!

DC, see this is why I hate you!

sigh...

tired.gif

ninjahood I cosign your above statement
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Diego

Yea I didn't say they WERE a #+%$ but you definitely LOOK like one. I don't want any woman I am romantically linked to to be perceived as such. Am I wrong/insecure/controlling for that? Some would say yes. I disagree though.

It isn't respectable. Put it that way. If she wore it in front of my grandmother, I am sure she would try to find a way to keep her coat on.

Also, if a female has to CONSTANTLY adjust her skirt because it keeps "riding up" she shouldn't have it on.

I don't want any woman I am romantically linked to to be perceived as such
perception is a ever changing concept...

I wish a black girl was modeling these skirts.
this shows that you got some kinda hardwiring that you think certain women dress a certain way to appease men when in reality its as much

of shutting OTHER women down in da process....why do you think girls always take naked pictures of themselves on a camera phone? most of

da time when a guy asks for em da chick already got a folder for it...girls looks at they OWN bodies as beautiful....

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

I think it's that wearing these clothes creates the illusion of sluttyness. It makes the girl look slutty, not an actual *%$@. I think performing the actions of a *%$@ makes you a *%$@.

Exactly, a classy woman wouldnt even put you in that dilemma and conducts herself as a lady not a lady dressed as a jumpoff. Its not just about the man's confidence, thats just daft. If that were the case a woman could do what she damn well pleased and not give a stuff what you think. Its about respect. Men are men and will be men, whether you are around or not.

You think guys can tell a classy lady when she dressed as a jumpoff and that should ok with you because you're 'confident' and not there? Word to the wise, dont date these wrong ones
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Yea I didn't say they WERE a #!%% but you definitely LOOK like one. I don't want any woman I am romantically linked to to be perceived as such. Am I wrong/insecure/controlling for that? Some would say yes. I disagree though.

http://niketalk.com/topic/229165

Im glad you made a thread about this, but you still havent given me a simple yes or no.
Its ok if you think its too personal of a question to ask on a message board full of men with no backbone.

this shows that you got some kinda hardwiring that you think certain women dress a certain way to appease men when in reality its as much

of shutting OTHER women down in da process....why do you think girls always take naked pictures of themselves on a camera phone? most of

da time when a guy asks for em da chick already got a folder for it...girls looks at they OWN bodies as beautiful....

Actually if you read, the reason why I wanted to see urban black models MODELING these clothes were to show the differences in body types between them and "normal" girls on Forever 21 website. Thus showing the clothes fit on certain girls differently.  Nice try though

Diego, yes I care what people think about ME and anyone associated with me.

Yes it does. What adjective would you use? Creating Cleavage ALONE is a sexually motivated practice. How can you ignore that? How is showing a lot of cleavage NOT make a woman look like a sexual object? I am not understanding how you don't see that.

I explained my logic behind the dress. Scroll up.

But again, you might not fully grasp the concept since you are a woman that admittedly wears items as such. So you might be indirectly taking it as an attack at you so of course you won't see the "wrong" in it.
This is how I see it. In most cases, it all depends on two different factors, how much cleavage is shown in some of these situations and where the cleavage-baring outfit is being worn.

In most cases, churches, schools and workplaces where it is a professional setting, showing cleavage will likely be considered inappropriate and therefore slutty. Of course, I avoid showing cleavage in these locations or places. In the workplace, I would wear a professional outfit which conveys competence and being at the workplace to do the work. It is understandable that cleavage would be seen as attention-seeking, inappropriate, and unprofessional. It is the same around family functions. In situations you are going into which requires that you to look professional or serious,  the general rule is that too much cleavage is inappropriate. 

But, other events where you are going out enjoying the nightlife, parties, or other parties, how is showing legs and cleavage not acceptable? I consider it to be acceptable and even expected in most cases like this. I think that showing a modest amount of cleavage will usually not be considered slutty. At these occasions, looking glamourous, showing cleavage, as well as showing off legs, is often part of that look. The key to showing cleavage and staying in fashion without looking slutty is in the way you present and carry yourself. If there is in danger of a possible wardrobe malfunction, you are showing too much cleavage. I might show what is considered a lot of legs and cleavage at some of these occasions but I was nowhere near ever having a wardrobe malfunction and you can wear something like that and still be classy. 

Actually if you read, the reason why I wanted to see urban black models MODELING these clothes were to show the differences in body types between them and "normal" girls on Forever 21 website. Thus showing the clothes fit on certain girls differently.  Nice try though

Diego, yes I care what people think about ME and anyone associated with me.

so using ONE website with clothes maybe cut to fit ONE sample of women as an example, you thereby prove that (i refuse to use the phrase Black women as an example) curvy women can't wear form fitting, or low cut dresses?

really dude?

realllly?

But, other events where you are going out enjoying the nightlife, parties, or other parties, how is showing legs and cleavage not acceptable? I consider it to be acceptable and even expected in most cases like this. I think that showing a modest amount of cleavage will usually not be considered slutty. At these occasions, looking glamourous, showing cleavage, as well as showing off legs, is often part of that look. The key to showing cleavage and staying in fashion without looking slutty is in the way you present and carry yourself. If there is in danger of a possible wardrobe malfunction, you are showing too much cleavage. I might show what is considered a lot of legs and cleavage at some of these occasions but I was nowhere near ever having a wardrobe malfunction and you can wear something like that and still be classy. 
It is acceptable in terms of it is of the culture of night life. Correct. I agree it is even considered expected.

But that isn't my gripe.

YES, you can use the, "It depends on how you carry yourself" card but that isn't my focus. My focus is the root of it all. The appearance, the clothes, the attire. Not HOW someone wears it or how their body language is gauged while wearing it. This topic is simply about the clothing. The physical. But just because it is acceptable doesn't make it any less slutty. Hooters spilling everywhere. I don't care how you CARRY yourself, your hooters are still spilling, bouncing, glistening all over the place. That isn't something I should be forced to be cool with that my woman does for the sake of not appearing to be insecure and controlling.

You never answered my question as to what the "issue" of a man being protective (as you call it insecure/possessive) of his woman wearing those types of clothes.

Honey, if you had/have a man that wasn't a fan of you dressing like that for the reasons I mentioned (perception, bad representation, etc) how would you THINK you would handle it? Would you take his words into consideration or would you just say, "Imma do me." Keep in mind, this is a man you are in a relationship with.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

sousing ONE website with clothes maybe cut to fit ONE sample of women asan example, you thereby prove that (i refuse to use the phrase Blackwomen as an example) curvy women can't wear form fitting, or low cutdresses?

really dude?

realllly?

I really don't know what you are trying to say here.

You are right, I should have said curvy women. Sorry.

I never said curvy women can't wear form fitting dresses. I simply said form fitting dresses look MORE slutty on curvier woman than women without curves. What exactly did I say wrong there?

I think the biggest problem with DC and his view is that he is usually on one of two extremes with his opinions.
No dude wants his girl to be dressed like a !#$%, nor would he wantother men to perceive his girl as such. This mentality is not specificonly to you.

But with you DC, you seem to think either a girl wears something nontight (respectable) or youre a !#$%. There is a HUGE selection ofclothing that would fall in the middle of !#$% and non !#$%. You failto acknowledge that though. Or at least you seem to not want toacknowledge that. Theres always a time and a place, ALWAYS.

The only one article of clothing that I automatically equate to sluttyare those plastic/see through high heels that all pr0n stars andstr!ppers wear.
Everything else is a case by case thing.
ActuallyDiego from the jump I mentioned that there was a grey area of clothingin which a woman could wear that wouldn't make her LOOK slutty or lookconservative. Maybe you missed that part.

Also I never said that clothing makes anyone a +!%%, I said it makes you LOOK LIKE one.

Shoes are the least of my concern. But red lipstick and red shoes are also things that make me think "+!%%."

I think the biggest problem with DC and his view is that he is usually on one of two extremes with his opinions.
No dude wants his girl to be dressed like a !#$%, nor would he want other men to perceive his girl as such. This mentality is not specific only to you.

But with you DC, you seem to think either a girl wears something non tight (respectable) or youre a !#$%. There is a HUGE selection of clothing that would fall in the middle of !#$% and non !#$%. You fail to acknowledge that though. Or at least you seem to not want to acknowledge that. Theres always a time and a place, ALWAYS.

The only one article of clothing that I automatically equate to slutty are those plastic/see through high heels that all pr0n stars and str!ppers wear.
Everything else is a case by case thing.

So if you and your girl are going to dinner, are you putting her foot down over this?:

ap3smvz06m2cmsza.jpg

And to the club, this isn't acceptable?:

christina_milian_1662045.jpg

We have a mutual agreement as to what is acceptable and what isn't, but I have nothing to worry about the pipe game is vicious and I don't treat her bad and she's great to me and the toppington is great.

The 2nd dress isn't bad to me. It screams CUTE and not SL UT to me. Again, the same outfit on a more curvier female might cause me to respond differently. Which I mentioned earlier and you all didn't seem to understand.

FIrst picture has too much hooter showing for my liking. I would ask her nicely to change that. I mean the front is a SUPER V neck. She can find something that is STILL A V neck that isn't SO WIDE. Practically can see the WHOLE boosum.

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

How old are you DC?

Old enough to know how I want MY woman dressing.
Also, old enough to speak up when I don't approve of something she is doing

But my age has nothing to do with it. Just continue to draw your own conclusions.

Speaking of skank, I need a scandalously low cut v neck tank or tee. AA deep Vs aren't good enough, do they have anything sluttier than that? Guess I could just go look in the store but DC is on a mission to find %*$*@ clothes. And yes,I did look on F21 already
laugh.gif

I have this sleeveless sweater vest from old navy that I just duuno how to wear, but it looks best without a lot of material under it. Ohh. Maybe I'll just get a bandeau top.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Speaking of skank, I need a scandalously low cut v neck tank or tee. AA deep Vs aren't good enough, do they have anything sluttier than that? Guess I could just go look in the store but DC is on a mission to find %*$*@ clothes. And yes,I did look on F21 already
laugh.gif

I have this sleeveless sweater vest from old navy that I just duuno how to wear, but it looks best without a lot of material under it. Ohh. Maybe I'll just get a bandeau top.
You scream "Im easy".

tired.gif

laugh.gif

You scream "Im easy".

tired.gif

I do have a wicked collection of Lucite heels.

lol @ skinny jeans

yall are too sarcastic for your own good.

if I can see jiggle and +!% crack outline through her dress, its inappropriate.

do I like my girl to dress up? of course

but dressing up =/= showing skin

like dude said to ninjahood, its not about security, its about self-respect

and no chick with self respect that's secure with herself is gonna be half naked in public, ESPECIALLY when she has a man.

period.

I aint wanna go here with it, but check it,

when ninjahood posts club pics

who are the chicks half naked?

dog faces

who are the chicks in stylish, conservative clothing?

pretty girls.

my point, exactly.

if my girl wants to walk around half naked for attention....then obviously my attention isn't enough.....

if my attention isn't enough for her, ill find someone else.

my girl gets gawked at enough in jeans and hoodie....

ill be damned if she's gonna actually SHOW it with revealing clothing.

but that's just me....yall can play kanye/amber rose if that's cool for you...

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

if my girl wants to walk around half naked for attention....then obviously my attention isn't enough.....

if my attention isn't enough for her, ill find someone else.

my girl gets gawked at enough in jeans and hoodie....

ill be damned if she's gonna actually SHOW it with revealing clothing.

but that's just me....yall can play kanye/amber rose if that's cool for you...

pimp.gif
Aight I'm done.

laugh.gif

You scream "Im easy".

tired.gif

I just checked what that is with my friend google and we both approve.

I hope you seen my post enough times to know that I dont really think youre easy.

laugh.gif

You scream "Im easy".

tired.gif

I just checked what that is with my friend google and we both approve.

I hope you seen my post enough times to know that I dont really think youre easy.
laugh.gif
I hope you'd know I wouldn't actually wear lucite heels

key phrase ninjahood "if you cool with getting gawked at and hollered at"

I don't think EYE am cool with MY chick being gawked and hollered at....capish?

I brought up amber rose cause she's damn near naked 24/7....

kanye got her on his arm, he's "doing it", meanwhile, the masses have seen this broad's pubes

cool for him, whatever.

who said anything about anyone looking like amber rose?

I'm actually glad my girl doesn't look like robert englund in the face.

october, if my girl wore that 1st dress, she might get fined for public indecency.

both outfits you posted are fine.

now, someone post a pic of a stripper/prostitute/porn star so we can establish what kind of clothing we're discussing here...

my dude posting skirts that go to the knee....rofl.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

I aint wanna go here with it, but check it,

when ninjahood posts club pics

who are the chicks half naked?

dog faces

who are the chicks in stylish, conservative clothing?

pretty girls.

my point, exactly.

laugh.gif
g t f o h

ninja posts nothing but dogfaces period.  you're kidding yourself.

But, other events where you are going out enjoying the nightlife,parties, or other parties, how is showing legs and cleavage notacceptable? I consider it to be acceptable and even expected in mostcases like this. I think that showing a modest amount of cleavage willusually not be considered slutty. At these occasions, lookingglamourous, showing cleavage, as well as showing off legs, is oftenpart of that look. The key to showing cleavage and staying in fashionwithout looking slutty is in the way you present and carry yourself. Ifthere is in danger of a possible wardrobe malfunction, you are showingtoo much cleavage. I might show what is considered a lot of legsand cleavage at some of these occasions but I was nowhere near everhaving a wardrobe malfunction and you can wear something like that andstill be classy. 
It is acceptable in terms of it is of the culture of night life. Correct. I agree it is even considered expected.

But that isn't my gripe.

YES,you can use the, "It depends on how you carry yourself" card but thatisn't my focus. My focus is the root of it all. The appearance, theclothes, the attire. Not HOW someone wears it or how their bodylanguage is gauged while wearing it. This topic is simply about theclothing. The physical. But just because it is acceptable doesn't makeit any less slutty. Hooters spilling everywhere. I don't care how youCARRY yourself, your hooters are still spilling, bouncing, glisteningall over the place. That isn't something I should be forced to be coolwith that my woman does for the sake of not appearing to be insecureand controlling.

You never answered my question as to what the"issue" of a man being protective (as you call it insecure/possessive)of his woman wearing those types of clothes.

Honey, if youhad/have a man that wasn't a fan of you dressing like that for thereasons I mentioned (perception, bad representation, etc) how would youTHINK you would handle it? Would you take his words into considerationor would you just say, "Imma do me." Keep in mind, this is a man youare in a relationship with.
Like I said, I am single. Iam not planning on getting into a serious relationship for a while.But, if I do get a man, I am not sure. Maybe at that point I will justbe so overdone with showing cleavage and legs when going out atnight or to parties and other events. Him and I we would have to talkabout it. Some men mind and other men don't. Knowing I will end upmarrying an Arab Muslim (he has to be liberal for my liking), deep downthose traditional values come out and he'd most likely have a fit withme showing cleavage and lots of legs. I will deal with it when ithappens.

I say it is the man being insecure and possessive because he is tryingto control what his significant other wears. It relates back to his owninsecurity because he thinks that a man getting at her for showingboobs or legs is a threat and that another man might be able to takeher away from him. It is being possessive in the sense he thinks heowns her in every way and can control her even when it comes to pettythings like what she wears. He does not want other men to even thinkabout her sexually, regardless of the fact that if she was wearing toomuch clothes or not and the woman is attractive, men will desire hersexually anyways. 

Back
Top Bottom