Do you guys think we may be living in a Dark Age?

-Stagnant economy.
-Lack of any real new ground breaking inventions or new academic theories.
-Political stagnation.
-Diminished power abroad
-The majority population isn't flourishing.

Thoughts?

Also, this isn't making a comparison to any other dark age, I think the term is relative.

Last edited:
-Stagnant economy.
-Lack of any real new ground breaking inventions or new academic theories.
-Political stagnation.
-Diminished power abroad
-The majority population isn't flourishing.

Thoughts?

Also, this isn't making a comparison to any other dark age, I think the term is relative.

Strongly disagree. Agree with every other point though, although I wouldn't say we're living in the dark ages.

Last edited:
Just a lopsided-ness of fortune. There's too much money in this country for families to be starving.

6.7% National unemployment? Economy is growing steady but it's really not that bad, compared to 30%+ in a lot of Europe. Politics is always stagnant and inefficent, it's how the government was designed.

I don't think there is a diminished power abroad, it's finally time to wind down the war in afghan, well over a trillion dollars wasted occupying when there hasn't been a terrorist there in years...

Not really a dark age, you're just exaggerating a bit I think

Last edited:
American politics always seems stagnated because of the unnecessarily long amount of time it takes to get anything done.

Dark age cannot be something viewed as a 4-5 yrs period. It's much longer then that.

Look for the past 10 yrs even 5, technology advance has been crazy. For example we just got a breaking advance in physics with the big bang stuff a few days ago.

Economy is a cycle. I agree we are in a uncommon down because the crisis was no joke, but it's coming back, slowly but surely.

We are definitly not in a dark age. Maybe a slump for the economy but that's it

No, but the people inhabiting this planet and this country particularly have grown stupider, lazier and more complacent than ever. I blame that on the crap they eat. The crap they occupy their minds with. The crap they listen to. The crap they've been conditioned into believing is important and worthwhile. Whole lot of crap has been pushed on people and they're smiling and happy because they have their wifi and cable tv. Those people don't even know why we're in an economic slowdown, why we're on the verge of collapsing, nothing. All they know is sex, tv, fast-food and stupidity.

I mean we make new things inventions but their usually just better versions of things that already exist. I think the mp3 player was probably one of the most ground breaking invention of the last 20 years. Everything else has been an improvment of already existing technology. The smartphone was just an Integration of already existing technology. Not taking anything away from the technology, lord knows I couldn't do it but it was all integration.

As far as diminished power abroad, it is fact. America's influence is not as dominant as it once was. We remain a position of power because of globalization, necessity. Which in turn makes it necessary for us to be tied to other countries. The symbiotic relationship diminishes the power of all parties.

You could also make an argument that the mp3 is a amelioration of the walk man.

And the car is a amelioration of the horse.

Almost all inventions can be qualified as a amelioration of something

all i know is that the people who cry "illuminati" are more than likely "illuminati" themselves...agent provocateur, if you will, to distract us from real issues

As far as diminished power abroad, it is fact. America's influence is not as dominant as it once was. We remain a position of power because of globalization, necessity. Which in turn makes it necessary for us to be tied to other countries. The symbiotic relationship diminishes the power of all parties.

This sounds like an empty slogan/talking point.

We're just living in the "meh" period.

Technology is awesome and so much better than living in the time our parents grew up, but other than that...meh

Back
Top Bottom