Do you like where you live? Where would you move to?

Been living in the Cebu, PI for the past 11 years.  My life changed drastically the past year..  Had a bunch of death threats, got my heart broken from my girl, my business going down, etc...  but then perfect timing came when someone bought my land here in Cebu, and another company gave me a great offer in buying out my business (grocery store)..    So now, I'm planning my move back to SoCal and will be there in 2 weeks. Gonna take 3 months off doing nothing but vacation 
pimp.gif
  (road trip on the PCH, race car driving courses, surfing,)   Then figure out what to do with my life after that.  

Been living in the Cebu, PI for the past 11 years.  My life changed drastically the past year..  Had a bunch of death threats, got my heart broken from my girl, my business going down, etc...  but then perfect timing came when someone bought my land here in Cebu, and another company gave me a great offer in buying out my business (grocery store)..    So now, I'm planning my move back to SoCal and will be there in 2 weeks. Gonna take 3 months off doing nothing but vacation 
pimp.gif
  (road trip on the PCH, race car driving courses, surfing,)   Then figure out what to do with my life after that.  

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by sixzerofour

Vancouver, born and raised.
It's beautiful and a great place to raise a family, one of few places in the world where you can climb a mountain, chill on the beach and go clubbing all on the same day... but it's expensive as @#%$ and the market for what I want to do just isn't big enough here.
Once I'm graduated, I'll have no choice but to leave to a bigger city.

What is your major/career path? Raised in Vancouver (well, Richmond) since I was 7, I'm 23 now..  The cost of living here is just RIDICULOUS.  The average cost of a home is around 700,000 and everything is inflated.  I love how everything is so accessible and convenient though, and we have some of the best, world-class ethnic cuisines.  I don't think I can ever afford a home here unless I take over my parent's crib...

Vancity is beautiful... I love it here, there's lots to do, but I lived here for too long and it's time for a change.  It's amazing how much the city has progressed and changed since I moved here in '94.  I'm just afraid if I make the move to another city I'll regret it 
tired.gif

But to answer OP, I would love to move to Australia - either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.  It's hot and sunny almost the entire year, the economy is pretty stable, the people are beautiful and friendly, and it's not as costly compared to the cities on the West Coast in NA.
Vancouver(North Van,) born and raised. Moved downtown with my brother a year ago when the fam sold the house and was looking for investments. 
I'm 21 right now, just switched my major, I go to Emily Carr so I'm majoring in Communication Design. Thinking about getting into advertising, but the market in Vancouver for that is just so boring. After grad, I'm thinking about gutting it out in a real big city to boost my portfolio for a bit then settle down somewhere after. 

What are you getting into?

I feel you on those houses fam, you need a mill for a decent home now. Only way I could live here is if I bought one of those leaky condos in the olympic village 
laugh.gif
tired.gif

edit: Just found this....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...th-make-vancouver-homes-pricier-than-nyc.html

frown.gif

It's beautiful and a great place to raise a family, one of few places in the world where you can climb a mountain, chill on the beach and go clubbing all on the same day... but it's expensive as @#%$ and the market for what I want to do just isn't big enough here.

What is your major/career path? Raised in Vancouver (well, Richmond) since I was 7, I'm 23 now..  The cost of living here is just RIDICULOUS.  The average cost of a home is around 700,000 and everything is inflated.  I love how everything is so accessible and convenient though, and we have some of the best, world-class ethnic cuisines.  I don't think I can ever afford a home here unless I take over my parent's crib...

Vancity is beautiful... I love it here, there's lots to do, but I lived here for too long and it's time for a change.  It's amazing how much the city has progressed and changed since I moved here in '94.  I'm just afraid if I make the move to another city I'll regret it 
tired.gif

But to answer OP, I would love to move to Australia - either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.  It's hot and sunny almost the entire year, the economy is pretty stable, the people are beautiful and friendly, and it's not as costly compared to the cities on the West Coast in NA.
Vancouver(North Van,) born and raised. Moved downtown with my brother a year ago when the fam sold the house and was looking for investments. 
I'm 21 right now, just switched my major, I go to Emily Carr so I'm majoring in Communication Design. Thinking about getting into advertising, but the market in Vancouver for that is just so boring. After grad, I'm thinking about gutting it out in a real big city to boost my portfolio for a bit then settle down somewhere after. 

I feel you on those houses fam, you need a mill for a decent home now. Only way I could live here is if I bought one of those leaky condos in the olympic village 
laugh.gif
tired.gif

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...th-make-vancouver-homes-pricier-than-nyc.html

frown.gif

Live in Elk Grove, CA. Don't like it too much. Not to mention most of my friends are richer than me so I feel bad.

Live in Elk Grove, CA. Don't like it too much. Not to mention most of my friends are richer than me so I feel bad.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I spent two summers in Pomona
sick.gif
Talking about multiple 110 degree days in a row. That dry %#% heat too. Had class and work one summer
30t6p3b.gif
Walking from the parking garage up that hill was the worst.
Man it's no joke. That type of sunshine that's forcefully beating you down into submission.
30t6p3b.gif

thegoat121886 wrote:
HAM CITY wrote:

where in the IE? 
eef252bed49aba16235ebf422ee2e9c2187d043.gif

Pomona/Ontario. Montclair to be specific. 

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

I spent two summers in Pomona
sick.gif
Talking about multiple 110 degree days in a row. That dry %#% heat too. Had class and work one summer
30t6p3b.gif
Walking from the parking garage up that hill was the worst.
Man it's no joke. That type of sunshine that's forcefully beating you down into submission.
30t6p3b.gif

thegoat121886 wrote:
HAM CITY wrote:

where in the IE? 
eef252bed49aba16235ebf422ee2e9c2187d043.gif

Pomona/Ontario. Montclair to be specific. 

Live on Long Island, don't like it too much, but its not horrible.

How hard would it be to move to Canada from the US?

I was thinking about relocating for 2-3 years if its possible.

Live on Long Island, don't like it too much, but its not horrible.

How hard would it be to move to Canada from the US?

I was thinking about relocating for 2-3 years if its possible.

not exactly I live in Érd, about 20 kms from Budapest(Hungary's capitol), I'm thinking Wien, Austria or London or moving home to Toronto.

not exactly I live in Érd, about 20 kms from Budapest(Hungary's capitol), I'm thinking Wien, Austria or London or moving home to Toronto.

tired.gif

laugh.gif
tired.gif

frown.gif
Yeah, the reason for the steady increase in housing prices is due to the influx of wealthy immigrants moving here.  I ****%* hate how they're driving up the prices for everything, but I'm an immigrant myself 
laugh.gif
.  My parents immigrated here with literally nothing but lint in their pockets, and they worked their way up to where they're at now.  These new waves of immigrants moving here are beyond affluent, and most of them are financially set already.  Been an abundance or rich, snobby folks round these parts lately
grin.gif
laugh.gif

I graduated in the Fall of 09 with a degree in communications/PR/mass media, but I'm doing something totally unrelated at the moment and haven't had any luck in my field here.

But yeah man, it's gonna be tough as hell for our generation to afford a home here in the Lower Mainland.  Good move on your parents for selling their house, it's a great time to cash out for sellers.  Downtown is a great area to live, I'd love to live there.  I'm lookin to make a permanent move within the next year or two.  If we ever get a tsunami, Richmond is done for
laugh.gif

tired.gif

laugh.gif
tired.gif

frown.gif
Yeah, the reason for the steady increase in housing prices is due to the influx of wealthy immigrants moving here.  I ****%* hate how they're driving up the prices for everything, but I'm an immigrant myself 
laugh.gif
.  My parents immigrated here with literally nothing but lint in their pockets, and they worked their way up to where they're at now.  These new waves of immigrants moving here are beyond affluent, and most of them are financially set already.  Been an abundance or rich, snobby folks round these parts lately
grin.gif
laugh.gif

I graduated in the Fall of 09 with a degree in communications/PR/mass media, but I'm doing something totally unrelated at the moment and haven't had any luck in my field here.

But yeah man, it's gonna be tough as hell for our generation to afford a home here in the Lower Mainland.  Good move on your parents for selling their house, it's a great time to cash out for sellers.  Downtown is a great area to live, I'd love to live there.  I'm lookin to make a permanent move within the next year or two.  If we ever get a tsunami, Richmond is done for
laugh.gif

Born and raised in Queens, New York.
But now I'm living in Arlington, Texas.

Can't really compare the two. Without a doubt I would much rather live in NY but the cost of living out here is ridiculous.

Born and raised in Queens, New York.
But now I'm living in Arlington, Texas.

Can't really compare the two. Without a doubt I would much rather live in NY but the cost of living out here is ridiculous.

I had to move to a small city in PA from my hometown of Baltimore like 6 years ago....
I hate this place, these people don't have motivation to be #### in life....
I'm outta here the 1st opportunity I get, but I don't necessarily wanna go back to Baltimore...

I had to move to a small city in PA from my hometown of Baltimore like 6 years ago....
I hate this place, these people don't have motivation to be #### in life....
I'm outta here the 1st opportunity I get, but I don't necessarily wanna go back to Baltimore...

Originally Posted by WErunSF

once in the city. trapped in the city. (and im not talkin about daly so move on with that)
born and raised in sf now out here in socal for school. i thought socal was crackin, its not. Why? cuz suburbs suck.
LA is crackin. Chicago is crackin. NY fasho. Seattle is a must. Detroit? maybe. Parts of Boston was aiight.

always about that city life. move to the burbs and people think u crazy.

laugh.gif
Shun. Im fron MI and the D is not the business, maybe the metro area but you said CITY. Nahhh bro.

Originally Posted by WErunSF

once in the city. trapped in the city. (and im not talkin about daly so move on with that)
born and raised in sf now out here in socal for school. i thought socal was crackin, its not. Why? cuz suburbs suck.
LA is crackin. Chicago is crackin. NY fasho. Seattle is a must. Detroit? maybe. Parts of Boston was aiight.

always about that city life. move to the burbs and people think u crazy.

laugh.gif
Shun. Im fron MI and the D is not the business, maybe the metro area but you said CITY. Nahhh bro.

I'm from a suburb of Detroit. Not much to do and I'm sick of it. However, my family owns a business here that I'm kind of tied down to. I'd move to NYC or San Diego though after college. Going to be checking out NYC for the summer so we'll see if I still like it afterwards.

I'm from a suburb of Detroit. Not much to do and I'm sick of it. However, my family owns a business here that I'm kind of tied down to. I'd move to NYC or San Diego though after college. Going to be checking out NYC for the summer so we'll see if I still like it afterwards.

I lived in San Francisco for 2 years and loved it. There's always something to do. The food and the bars/lounges are awesome for single life. However parking in my area was awful and I got a parking ticket every 2 weeks. Plus it's hard raising a newborn in the city. Guess I'm getting old because I enjoy the quiet life of the suburbs.

I lived in San Francisco for 2 years and loved it. There's always something to do. The food and the bars/lounges are awesome for single life. However parking in my area was awful and I got a parking ticket every 2 weeks. Plus it's hard raising a newborn in the city. Guess I'm getting old because I enjoy the quiet life of the suburbs.

Back
Top Bottom