Do you miss your hometown?

Moved from a town of 27,000 to Minneapolis.

Going home is always bittersweet. I make sure to hit up my old friends who still live there, but I feel like some of them are just treading water in life, feeling comfortable. Of course it's great to see my parents and neighbors. It's crazy, I am even starting to forget some of the street names there or how to get places. I never thought I would.

New city is 100x better for entertainment/lifestyle. But I do miss the comfort of being back home :frown:

Anyone else weigh in?

I moved from Wilmington NC to Raleigh NC. I enjoy it here. Ill probably miss the easy access to the beach. Funny part is that people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them that. I just miss my fam not the city.

I have been missing home since I joined the military. At first it was that hard because I was stationed close to home but now im living in Washington and it feels like im in another country.

Nothing is finer than being in Carolina

I missed it extremely, so much when I was relocated for 7 whole years, I moved back. It obviously isnt what it used to be for sure but Its home for me and im glad to be back. Some people want to forget their childhood mine was the best for me and i knew i could make it work personally in my hometown then to be where i was.

i missed it
got older realized all my friends there were fake
now i dont miss it
look back at my childhood like those were the days and then i look at the same dudes and see how much they changed :smh:

Last edited:
after college and work in a few different cities, i'm currently back in my home town. but im moving FAR away from it in a couple months. probably for good...

Last edited:
I sometimes miss my hometown of miami. Moved to Massaschusetts back in 2000 so I try to visit home every year

I only miss my hometown enough to visit maybe once a year but every time I go back the happiness of being home goes away after 1-2 weeks and then I'm ready to leave again because I realize why I left. A lot of people from home (San Diego, Ca.) think I'm crazy for wanting to stay here in Kansas City, Mo after graduation but I'm comfortable here. I feel like SD was my youth chapter in life and KC is the first chapter of my adult life, not sure how long I'll end up here but I've moved on from my hometown.

I miss New Orleans from time to time because of family and friends. However, I can never go back to live. My life is better not living there.

Hell naw. I'm from a small town, saying its "slow motion" in Pensacola is an understatement.

Its like the whole city is on pause until I come back.

I'm from a small town as well and I'm sure most of my friends are going to stay here for the rest of their lives. Thought about moving out after I graduate one of my tech classes to make new friends and find a better job. I've been on the fence for a while now but the only thing is holding me back is that I don't want to miss out on anything big here in particular? IDK..

Yes.
Nearing the end of my military career n I'm plotting on buying a crib in rockaway, queens.
I'm originally from bk but this is close enuff.
Spent some most of my time stationed in the DMV and San Diego. Both great places, but no where like home. I plan on raising my kids in ny to. It will be a culture shock for them.
In the mean time I'm in no rush.
It'll come soon nuff.

All the time, I don't have friends here.
I'm not an anti-social guy, I just can't seem to meet people who I get along with.
All my friends and family are only 4 hours away but I can't move back.

Back
Top Bottom