Do you pay attention to IMDB when it comes to movies?

seems like the people that rate movies over there are serious when it comes to scoring a movie. Alot of movies out now dont get over a 7 or 6, when it comes to an upcoming movie that you are thinking about seeing do you pay attention to IMDB ratings?

I do just because many of the movies on there were on my top list before I even examined their list.. I do feel though that certain movies in their top 250 don't belong... Just my thought

Originally Posted by foxdawg2000

I do just because many of the movies on there were on my top list before I even examined their list.. I do feel though that certain movies in their top 250 don't belong... Just my thought
Ditto

Yup

Quest to watch the top 250 movies before the end of the year
pimp.gif

Not anymore. Even though it's tough, I try to watch as many new movies as I can w/o reading reviews/ratings about them. That way I can judge them with the least amount of prejudice.
There are those times when I watch a film that is just awful and I regret not looking there first, but I don't get upset over it. I figure watching bad films makes the good ones more special anyways.

I live on the site to get updates on movies coming out (trailers and info.) and what movies certain actors/actresses have coming up. Not so much for the ranking lists though.

Yup, I pay attention to IMDB.
If a movie that I think is good(according to the trailer) gets a 6 or below then I don't watch it.

yes, if it gets a 7 and above then i watch the movie.

rotten tomatoes on the other hand is terrible. they gave Drive a 92%. SMFH.

I only go there for credits, I don't let other people tell me what I'll like or dislike

Usually if I'm having trouble deciding which movie I want to watch (when I borrow them), then I check it to see which one got better reviews.

I am a Rotten Tomatoes fan moreso then IMB but even they can get stuff wrong since it is an average of all reviews.

I only use it if I see a random character in a movie and I want to know who they are and wher eI know them from

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Not anymore. Even though it's tough, I try to watch as many new movies as I can w/o reading reviews/ratings about them. That way I can judge them with the least amount of prejudice.
There are those times when I watch a film that is just awful and I regret not looking there first, but I don't get upset over it. I figure watching bad films makes the good ones more special anyways.

You seem to have all the time in the world. Congratulations.

go there a lot to check facts and ##+* haha. i watch a ton of movies so sometimes when im real bored i look up the errors and goofs and ##+* and see if i can spot em in the movie lol

Rotten Tomatoes is my go-to. I should check out IMDB more often but critics and user ratings are still just a suggestion for me. I'll see a movie with low reviews if I feel strongly about it.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Because the guy likes movies? You realize someone could take a look at either one of our post counts and say the same thing.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Because the guy likes movies? You realize someone could take a look at either one of our post counts and say the same thing.

You're right. I don't read thread titles. I just close my eyes and randomly click on threads and read them thoroughly, in hopes the content is to my liking. If it's not, the next one that is will surely be even more worth it.

Back
Top Bottom