Do you regret not voting?

I know no one(other than ninja) on this board voted for trump, but I know many of you did not vote for various reasons( resist the establishment, see no point, sexism)

But after 7 months of this.... do you regret not voting or voting for harambe

I live in Texas. Trump wins regardless.
Plus didn't Hillary win the popular vote? What's the point if the electoral college makes the final decision?

Last edited:
Everyone should feel guilty not voting.

Gerrymandering is real fellas, I live in Texas too.

Yes your vote doesn't get the president ELECTED because of the Electoral College.

But what it does, do is voice the people and create a dialog to get rid of that dated rule.

Imagine if Hillary won the popular by 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 million votes, and Trump still won the election.

That would create real change in the minds of leadership.

despite living in a deep blue state that always votes dem, i went out and voted for hillary because of how much i was opposed to trump. i cast my vote against him and his horrible stance on environmental issues. i cast my vote against him because to stay at home would be equivalent to standing with him. i can lay my head on the pillow at night knowing i wasn't complicit in this dumpster fire of a presidency.

this wannabe liberal told me I was somewhat at fault since I didn't vote, took the whole fabric of my being not to get on my soapbox. I learned that the "electoral college" made the real decisions a while ago, among other things. It doesn't really bother me at all although, I will admit that if Pat McCory got elected in NC again I might have felt some type of way. I'm positioning myself to go teach English in Asia pretty soon so America can kiss my *** in a few months TBH

But seriously, I didn't feel either Clinton nor Trump. I felt a little better knowing California was Hilary state so it didn't matter wether or not I voted.

Democracy is an illusion.
If our votes were important, they would lead to the selection of the candidate with the most votes by the people.
Hell, voting was important as they want us to believe, they would make it a holiday and close work and school to ensure everyone makes it to the polls

Hell nah. My rule of thumb on this is, if you vote make sure it's for local politicians and DA's that share your interest.
They affect your day to day more. Plus are reachable and you can have a talk with them face to face.

The president is a puppet. They ain't down here with the people in my community doing work, changing lives. So **** em.

Any positions of power where the ruler is holden to the appeasement of financial elites/corporattions, is destined to **** over the disenfranchised of this country. And I will never be apart of that cause.

I live in California. My national vote is meaningless. (2016 Electoral College votes by state below)

2000px-ElectoralCollege2016.svg.png

I decided not to participate because both candidates are liars and not good for the progress of black people. The hate was coming either way, so I have no regrets. These militia types haven't been training for nothing. They want a war. Trump, Clinton or whomever is in office and they're going to start it or try to.

If you didn't vote this election.....you pretty much welcomed Trump with open arms to the White House, and his white supremacists agenda as well. Folks just rolled over and played dead hoping for the best. Laws matter just as much as the people that create them.

With that being said if you didn't vote, complain about the current system as is just to complain or have the nerve to say that both major political candidates were the same then YOU are apart of the problem.....i.e. @maximus meridius

Back
Top Bottom