Do you still buy CDs?....VOL...BEST BUY

Opening a CD was a *****
My boy showed me the trick around 02. Rub the bottom across the ground and that breaks up the plastic. Once that's removed, unhinge the bottom arm and swing it upwards, and the adhesive will be easy to peel off.

Scratch that. I bout the 3 6 mafia cd that came out later that year too. The one with stay high and poppin my collar

i download everything in flac format nowadays but some stuff is hard to find so i’m close to buying some CDs to rip em myself. grabbed some of my old CDs from my mom’s to rip but still haven’t gotten around to it.

Copped Taylor Swift's CD so I can get first dibs on her tickets.

I stay buying old CD releases at my thrift store. Picked up stuff like 2pac's greatest hits and Snoop Dogg Doggystyle for $1 each. I'm probably over 100 CD's by now.

If some of yall are starting to collect cds, just know that they are like vinyl and can have multiple presses.

So familiarize yall selves with Matrix/Run Out & SID Codes, etc.
No sense in buying old tech if its not the original. First presses also have resell value. The other subsequent older cd presses sometimes have almost none.
And finally - first presses have the original content as intended - whereas some re-issues have altered content. Not just bonus material. Sometimes stuff
gets edited off.

Bought these like two weeks ago when they were $7.99 at Besy Buy.

0866F105-FB71-49B9-B692-2B54D34900CE.jpeg

been going through some boxes with all this free time. what's the best way to sell cds? i was looking at ebay and was surprised some albums had value. are there sites for collectors? would go to the local record store, but it seems like most are closing and/or barely surviving.

even had a old school sony walkman and some cassettes :lol:

been going through some boxes with all this free time. what's the best way to sell cds? i was looking at ebay and was surprised some albums had value. are there sites for collectors? would go to the local record store, but it seems like most are closing and/or barely surviving.

why would u get rid of cd's
u know how many albums i have that arent on itunes
or that are missing songs

Discogs or eBay.

Used CDs don't sell for much, you can buy damn near any used CD for $4-$7 shipped.

CDs probably won't be worth much for another 10-15 years

It’s crazy, people will buy a vinyl before they’ll buy a CD now. WATTBA...

CDs sound so much better than digital to me. I don't know why that is, if there's science behind it or some type of placebo. Been buying up old classics that were either lost, stolen or I pawned when I was younger. Plan on getting a nice stereo system for the crib.

This AM's commute

20200527_112923.jpg

It’s crazy, people will buy a vinyl before they’ll buy a CD now. WATTBA...

Yeah, I'm shocked. I was in Target last week and they had posters for The Fugees The Score releasing on vinyl at Target. I was befuddled.

It’ll be hard to convince me, someone born in 92, to buy a CD today. I’d rather buy vinyl and plan on doing so soon

At least you can display vinyl. The hell im gonna do with a CD?

This coming someone that used collect CDs up until like 6-7 years ago. I get it, in a sense, but ultimately became a waste of money that was stacked up on shelf in sealed plastic.

Last CD I bought was probably kissland by the weeknd.

after that I was given BBTM when I went to the weeknd concert and was given a digital download of The Space Between when I went to see Majid Jordan.

All The Weeknd Albums I have are still in the plastic wrap

I have apple music and I never got into vinyl.

tbh I’m more of a minimalist these days anyway.

At least you can display vinyl. The hell im gonna do with a CD?

This coming someone that used collect CDs up until like 6-7 years ago. I get it, in a sense, but ultimately became a waste of money that was stacked up on shelf in sealed plastic.

Only a waste if you don't listen to them :lol:

The sound quality is better than the compressed version you get on a download or stream. That alone makes it worth it for me.

Yesterday's commute

20200613_202825.jpg

I got two copies of a ton of CDs.

Artists been giving them ****s away for free with the purchase of concert tickets for like 7-8 years now. :lol:

No CD player though.

Back
Top Bottom