Do you still buy CDs?....VOL...BEST BUY

Still buy cds every now and then. When I was a kid used to love going to the cd stores to buy cds. Latest pick up.
450978F1-FEBA-45E0-81B3-4AAD540AE1CB.jpeg

CDs sound so much better than digital to me. I don't know why that is, if there's science behind it or some type of placebo.

Digital are lossy, compressed files. Unless they're FLAC. A lossless FLAC file sourced from a CD is like 5-10 bigger than ordinary MP3s that people stream or download. That's not to say that FLACs sound 5-10 times better, but even on decent equipment an average person would still notice that the sound quality is better on CD/FLAC.

I just keep all my CD's in the archive in a room. Never even touch em unless its an undeniable loosy I need that's not on spotify or soundcloud.

Kind of crazy CD's are the new vinyl like how our dads/moms used to keep theirs in the crates when CD's/Tapes took over.

Man I miss the old days of CDs, it's like you respected the music more and felt like you were supporting the artist more. You had to go to the store, stand in line, hand actual money for a tangible item. It was more of an experience. That effort resonated and the cd hit different if it was good. Now I just open an app at 11pm on Thursday. It's easier and more convenient, but there's charm in the process.

No Bell-Biv-DeVoe?

I have the first three albums now. Poison, Remix album ‘91 and Hootie Mack. I haven’t come across their stuff from 2001 though. Now I’m hoping I find some more early EPMD and and Big Daddy Kane. Oh! And some No Limit Snoop Dogg too :lol:

Last edited:
What is everyone using to play cds?
My car stereo but my bro also puts the albums in his laptop and moves them into a USB that he hooks into his car stereo. He’s got several albums in there already. My little 13yo nephew just got into cassette tapes and cd’s as well. He’s got a little portable stereo in his room.

Couple classics. I'm basically in the process of buying all the old stuff I either sold or pawned after high school. I'm glad they can mostly be had for cheap.

20200729_195517.jpg

I also found a "grunge lot" on ebay for $40 so I grabbed it.

20200729_195421.jpg

Very very dope! I’m telling you man hit up thrift stores. Ebay is cool for hard to find stuff but it’s worth making a few trips to second hand stores and pay $1-$2 for an album. You avoid paying tax and shipping.

Just left one thrift store and found something my little nephew requested I find. He’s on his 80’s and 90’s vibe :lol:
21247DFD-B559-4D5E-8A5F-F6D8075E86C4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom