Do you think the XIs are overrated?

Not over rated. People jus baby them too much.. I wear my black red xi as my rain n snow jays.. You really cant mess them up..

Not over rated. People jus baby them too much.. I wear my black red xi as my rain n snow jays.. You really cant mess them up..

Originally Posted by aj345611

I thought about doing this.  I only have one pair at the moment, but if I had another I'd do this. 

Originally Posted by aj345611

I thought about doing this.  I only have one pair at the moment, but if I had another I'd do this. 

Definitely overrated, hype and price alone keep me away. I would like to rock them and not kill their value but one of my favorite shoes when rating style.

Definitely overrated, hype and price alone keep me away. I would like to rock them and not kill their value but one of my favorite shoes when rating style.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Yeah, I think they're nice and all, but I certainly don't think that one should have to go through so much trouble like camp out just to be able to cop or pay $300 on eBay for a pair.

What do you guys think? Discuss.

thats just supply and demand, get over it.......just think if you could make that money, would you, lower the price just so some kid could ''have a pair'' of course not, youd get as much money for em as you possibly could............judging by your post count it seems like you're old enough, use your next check to cop a pair and quit complaining about the price...thats life and thats the way our game has been led over the last decade....no XIs arent overrated, no shoe is overrated since thats what people are willing to pay...........i dont like paying high prices either, but im not complaining about it since i understand the other side too.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Yeah, I think they're nice and all, but I certainly don't think that one should have to go through so much trouble like camp out just to be able to cop or pay $300 on eBay for a pair.

What do you guys think? Discuss.

thats just supply and demand, get over it.......just think if you could make that money, would you, lower the price just so some kid could ''have a pair'' of course not, youd get as much money for em as you possibly could............judging by your post count it seems like you're old enough, use your next check to cop a pair and quit complaining about the price...thats life and thats the way our game has been led over the last decade....no XIs arent overrated, no shoe is overrated since thats what people are willing to pay...........i dont like paying high prices either, but im not complaining about it since i understand the other side too.

Simply put, NO! You have to remember that these came out in 1995 and there was not another basketball shoe up to date that was even comparable, it was top shelf then and judging by all the wannabe's that have been pushed out even with lebrons kicks, they haven't been able to find an heir to the throne. So do I think that it's ridiculous for people to have to camp out and do all that nonsense, of course, but the shoe itself is in no way overrated. 

Simply put, NO! You have to remember that these came out in 1995 and there was not another basketball shoe up to date that was even comparable, it was top shelf then and judging by all the wannabe's that have been pushed out even with lebrons kicks, they haven't been able to find an heir to the throne. So do I think that it's ridiculous for people to have to camp out and do all that nonsense, of course, but the shoe itself is in no way overrated. 

XI will never be overrated! One of the first unique "shoe" that ever faced the earth!
Out of all the jordans, the XI make "everyone" break their necks.. if you're a sneakerhead, a granny, a baby, semi-blind, or even President Obama you going to turn and bend when a clean XI is present!
- fin

XI will never be overrated! One of the first unique "shoe" that ever faced the earth!
Out of all the jordans, the XI make "everyone" break their necks.. if you're a sneakerhead, a granny, a baby, semi-blind, or even President Obama you going to turn and bend when a clean XI is present!
- fin

Here's my 2 cents on this. The XI is like the Thriller of b-ball kicks. J's in general made other designers step their game up. But when the XI dropped there was NOTHING like it! It didn't sell right from jump, but B2M and the movie Space Jam helped put these into orbit. For all the people who say these are overrated, I'd be interested to see how old yall are. You can't call a shoe overrated if EVERY shoe that drops is trying to create the buzz that this shoe does. I don't care where I am, but whenever I rock a pair of these, they turn heads. It's the only shoe that I have ever worn and people who know little to nothing about the shoe game are able to identify it as a Jordan. Cats say it is over-hyped, and it may be, but it deserves every bit of the hype in my opinion.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery, and design aspects from this shoe have been borrowed time and time again. IMHO the XI moved JB into a whole different lane, and the fact that this shoe even garners this kind of discussion should be proof enough of its worth. Hate em or love em, makes me no difference as long as I got mine! And to the dude that said retros = pu$$y chasers....

Here's my 2 cents on this. The XI is like the Thriller of b-ball kicks. J's in general made other designers step their game up. But when the XI dropped there was NOTHING like it! It didn't sell right from jump, but B2M and the movie Space Jam helped put these into orbit. For all the people who say these are overrated, I'd be interested to see how old yall are. You can't call a shoe overrated if EVERY shoe that drops is trying to create the buzz that this shoe does. I don't care where I am, but whenever I rock a pair of these, they turn heads. It's the only shoe that I have ever worn and people who know little to nothing about the shoe game are able to identify it as a Jordan. Cats say it is over-hyped, and it may be, but it deserves every bit of the hype in my opinion.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery, and design aspects from this shoe have been borrowed time and time again. IMHO the XI moved JB into a whole different lane, and the fact that this shoe even garners this kind of discussion should be proof enough of its worth. Hate em or love em, makes me no difference as long as I got mine! And to the dude that said retros = pu$$y chasers....

I just hate how JB can't give us a more higher quality rubber for the soles that do not automatically yellow. It's almost as if it's done on purpose to make sure we upgrade our XI's every couple years. SMH

Back
Top Bottom