Do you tip the BEERMAN at sporting events ?

Just asking, well curious. I never have but its always the same guy in the same sections.

In conversations with my friends last night, the majority rule was that we do not tip.

When its $6-8 bucks a beer, smh

i'm buying a prebottled drink... they're not doing anything of significance that warrants a tip.
unlike a bartender who walks somewhere, "fetches" it, & even takes the cap off, this fool just reaches into a container of sort found directly in front of him & hands it to me.
eyes.gif

There should be a Tipping thread i always wonder about this stuff (prob is i didn't search sorry)

Beerman - I only buy like 1 or 2 beers usually at a game so yes i tip a dollar. Usually tail gate hard so the 2 beers just maintain the buzz till i have to sober up to drive home

Barber/hairdresser/stylist - My sisters friend cuts my hair at the mall by me (I'm white) i tip 20% is that normal?

Do you tip at restaruantes where its like kind of self serve but you leave your plates and everything on the table? Ex: order at counter get soda sit down some one bring food to you and thats it.

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

i'm buying a prebottled drink... they're not doing anything of significance that warrants a tip.
unlike a bartender who walks somewhere, "fetches" it, & even takes the cap off, this fool just reaches into a container of sort found directly in front of him & hands it to me.
eyes.gif

I see what you are saying. To play Devil's Advocate. Sometimes they have to go out there way like a "delivery man" to serve you. We tip delivery drivers why not Beermen.

- Only at BIG games, when MY team (the home team) is Winning.

- At the World Series 2 years ago, I was tipping everyone. 
smh.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

eyes.gif

I see what you are saying. To play Devil's Advocate. Sometimes they have to go out there way like a "delivery man" to serve you. We tip delivery drivers why not Beermen.
Are we all talking about the same person.  The guy that climbs steps all day? has tons of beer to carry in a cooler wrapped around his neck.  To me that deserves a dollar or two tip.  But then again the prices are ridiculous.

well in my experiences, i've never seen a beerman go out of his way for anything... if they don't have something, then they'll make sure to tell you & keep on moving. if you're referring to those drivers who deliver food, then that's a different story. they get paid %%!* and have to buy their own gas.. not to mention it's customary to tip them.   

after paying 7 bucks for a damn budlight, i'm not trying to give that man anything... but you make a good point jking. i feel like a cheap, lazy douche.

eyes.gif
What's the difference between that guy and a bartender who reaches into a cooler and pulls out a beer?

One dude walks up and down stairs all day long, the other dude takes five steps to his left and grabs a Heiny.

To me, they're one in the same.  I tip 'em.

I do believe a tip is warranted, but again......................i know alot of nt'ers do not tip when they go out to eat & such..

but I was simply Curious. You buy a round of 3-4 beers, comes out to $28 bucks, give him $30, why not tell dude to hold the change ?

laugh.gif
A "Do You Tip" thread in disguise?
The last one got ugly and so will this one.

They are called Vendors people(something i use to do) , and hell yea they deserve a tip. They do not walk up and down the stadium stairs for nothing..

We don't have beer guys here walking up and down the aisles. And why would you buy from them anyway? Warm #%! flat beer eghck

Either way, when my beer is $11 here, I don't tip. Sorry. I'm not at a bar.

Usually beers are priced for you to throw the guy your change. like $6.75, so the guy can get a quarter on every beer he sells, or atleast the majority. So no, I don't tip that guy, bad enough I gotta pay the OD price. Plus these guys make full wages, not tipped wages.

eyes.gif
smh. When I ever I go to bar, the bartender never goes as far as a step or two to their right or left to get me a beer. Sometime the cooler is right in front of them and all the do is reach down and open it for me. The vendor with the beer is walking all over the stadium with beers strapped to him, but he can't get a tip from you? Plus every event I've been at the vendor opens the bottle for you too. To answer OP, yes I tip him.

I tip the person that brings me the beer, not the person that takes the order. (yankee stadium)

I usually never buy from the guy walking around if i want a beer (which is crazy rare because i hate them) ill just get up and walk to the back to grab one. In that case, yes i usually tip the guy. He opens it and pours it in a glass for me, the same a bartender does.

Back
Top Bottom