Doernbecher 6's... are they wearable? PLZ help

http://I recently won a pair of Doernbecher 6's on ebay that were listed as worn once, and absolutely no flaws. Won for $470 shipped. However, this is what the seller told me in a message when asked about condition "these are not wearable, they are only for collectors. Possible sole separation due to age and being brittle. I don't think any doernbecher 6 is wearable. Like I said worn 1x and than put away. Some yellowing." Now correct me if I'm wrong, but these are only like 3 years old if that, are they really not wearable? I buy my kicks to wear on occasions, so I would break them out maybe once every 2 or 3 months. Am I making a mistake buying these? Can someone offer input on this situation before I pay for them? I'm not droppin $500 on a pair I cant wear. http://Here's the link to the auction, he can't send me anymore pics until later today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270997979953?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The only reason I bid was because he has perfect feedback and he says absolutely no flaws.

http://I recently won a pair of Doernbecher 6's on ebay that were listed as worn once, and absolutely no flaws. Won for $470 shipped. However, this is what the seller told me in a message when asked about condition "these are not wearable, they are only for collectors. Possible sole separation due to age and being brittle. I don't think any doernbecher 6 is wearable. Like I said worn 1x and than put away. Some yellowing." Now correct me if I'm wrong, but these are only like 3 years old if that, are they really not wearable? I buy my kicks to wear on occasions, so I would break them out maybe once every 2 or 3 months. Am I making a mistake buying these? Can someone offer input on this situation before I pay for them? I'm not droppin $500 on a pair I cant wear. http://Here's the link to the auction, he can't send me anymore pics until later today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270997979953?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The only reason I bid was because he has perfect feedback and he says absolutely no flaws.

1st thing is you better not pay $470 for those you can get them ds for around $270-300 if not cheaper & 2nd they are very wearable i wore my pair a few weeks ago

1st thing is you better not pay $470 for those you can get them ds for around $270-300 if not cheaper & 2nd they are very wearable i wore my pair a few weeks ago

You cannot find them that cheap, if so you tell me where... maybe right after release. Now people are getting $600+

You cannot find them that cheap, if so you tell me where... maybe right after release. Now people are getting $600+

It says "worn one time with no flaws"...then he hits you with "they are not wearable".......save your money bruh and keep it moving.....

It says "worn one time with no flaws"...then he hits you with "they are not wearable".......save your money bruh and keep it moving.....

i could see if we were talkin about OGs..............................
some of u guys need to smarten up

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Next thing you know, cats buying the weekly retro will ask if they are wearable.

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Next thing you know, cats buying the weekly retro will ask if they are wearable.

roll.gif

I agree with you guys, thats why i thought it was whack... dont really gotta make it out like i was askin a dumb question. The seller just confused me, and I was thinking he was a dumb #++ for saying it. This being the reason I asked. With that being said is $470 really too much for these?

Yeah, they are definitely still wearable. It just depends on the particular model and you usually only have to worry about OGs like mentioned above. I still rock my cement IIIs from 03 and my True Blues from 01. Just depends on the shoes.

I agree with you guys, thats why i thought it was whack... dont really gotta make it out like i was askin a dumb question. The seller just confused me, and I was thinking he was a dumb #++ for saying it. This being the reason I asked. With that being said is $470 really too much for these?

Yeah, they are definitely still wearable. It just depends on the particular model and you usually only have to worry about OGs like mentioned above. I still rock my cement IIIs from 03 and my True Blues from 01. Just depends on the shoes.

Seems like a legit dude , maybe he bought the tongue, sole etc seperately and glued them together by himself.

Seems like a legit dude , maybe he bought the tongue, sole etc seperately and glued them together by himself.

Originally Posted by Jumpman23shoeFan

maybe not 2 pairs but you can def get a ds pair for that much

maybe not 2 pairs but you can def get a ds pair for that much

The seller's items are completely legit. He just runs the same template for all his auctions - that's why you see the comment about the shoe being 'vintage' and 'unwearable'.

I personally think every single one of the DB series has been junk - Nike/JB should've done the right thing and given ALL the proceeds to kids while giving the kids PEs or 1 of 1s. The seller you bought from has ridiculous prices though - you should've tried to negotiate a bit.

Off topic, but I've sold product on eBay on and off and buyers like you really annoy the crap out of me. You ask all your questions first, then you ask NT and only when satisfied do you AGREE to buy. What you're doing now is essentially flaking out of a deal and you'll get a well-deserved negative strike on your account.

Back
Top Bottom