Doernbecher 6's... are they wearable? PLZ help

Originally Posted by Jumpman23shoeFan

I agree with you guys, thats why i thought it was whack... dont really gotta make it out like i was askin a dumb question. The seller just confused me, and I was thinking he was a dumb #++ for saying it. This being the reason I asked. With that being said is $470 really too much for these?
The seller's items are completely legit. He just runs the same template for all his auctions - that's why you see the comment about the shoe being 'vintage' and 'unwearable'.

I personally think every single one of the DB series has been junk - Nike/JB should've done the right thing and given ALL the proceeds to kids while giving the kids PEs or 1 of 1s. The seller you bought from has ridiculous prices though - you should've tried to negotiate a bit.

Off topic, but I've sold product on eBay on and off and buyers like you really annoy the crap out of me. You ask all your questions first, then you ask NT and only when satisfied do you AGREE to buy. What you're doing now is essentially flaking out of a deal and you'll get a well-deserved negative strike on your account.

^^The kid that designed the DB6 actually got one of's in that his pair are the only ones with red stitching cause that was how he wanted them originally.
Here's the original thread with pics of his pair:
http://niketalk.com/topic/213221#.T-N2dol5mc0

I agree with you though that OP should've asked questions before bidding and not after winning the auction.

To answer your question OP, my pair is still so very much wearable so you should've asked the seller about that FIRST before commiting to spend $470 on something you're not absolutely sure of. Now you risk getting a non-payment on your eBay account and aggravating the seller for wasting his time if you decide not to go through with it.

^^The kid that designed the DB6 actually got one of's in that his pair are the only ones with red stitching cause that was how he wanted them originally.
Here's the original thread with pics of his pair:
http://niketalk.com/topic/213221#.T-N2dol5mc0

I agree with you though that OP should've asked questions before bidding and not after winning the auction.

To answer your question OP, my pair is still so very much wearable so you should've asked the seller about that FIRST before commiting to spend $470 on something you're not absolutely sure of. Now you risk getting a non-payment on your eBay account and aggravating the seller for wasting his time if you decide not to go through with it.

I agree with you guys, thats why i thought it was whack... dont really gotta make it out like i was askin a dumb question. The seller just confused me, and I was thinking he was a dumb #++ for saying it. This being the reason I asked. With that being said is $470 really too much for these?

As has been said, yes they are definitely wearable.  First off, if you didn't ask for more tagged pics before spending almost $500 on something, then I hope you wouldn't mind taking the L on this in the first place.  Second, it's possible he (the seller) just didn't know what he was talking about with these, since a lot of OG VIs aren't wearable at this point.  Either way I hope you come out okay on this and get your sneakers.

As has been said, yes they are definitely wearable.  First off, if you didn't ask for more tagged pics before spending almost $500 on something, then I hope you wouldn't mind taking the L on this in the first place.  Second, it's possible he (the seller) just didn't know what he was talking about with these, since a lot of OG VIs aren't wearable at this point.  Either way I hope you come out okay on this and get your sneakers.

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

Exactly. 

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

Exactly. 

Wow.. I shoulda picked up a couple pairs of these.
DB 6 sat around me.. 

They were letting people use coupons on em and everything.

Now new bootys are willing to spend $500+?

What would life be without new booty?

I guess new booty makes the world go round.

But to answer your question OP.. 

DB 6s are wearable.

Wow.. I shoulda picked up a couple pairs of these.
DB 6 sat around me.. 

They were letting people use coupons on em and everything.

Now new bootys are willing to spend $500+?

What would life be without new booty?

I guess new booty makes the world go round.

But to answer your question OP.. 

DB 6s are wearable.

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by moundraised23

i could see if we were talkin about OGs..............................
some of u guys need to smarten up
Next thing you know, cats buying the weekly retro will ask if they are wearable.

on that note, without being esoteric,
one might be surprised as to how many young cats conflate midsole crumbling & paint chipping

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by moundraised23

i could see if we were talkin about OGs..............................
some of u guys need to smarten up
Next thing you know, cats buying the weekly retro will ask if they are wearable.

on that note, without being esoteric,
one might be surprised as to how many young cats conflate midsole crumbling & paint chipping

Back
Top Bottom