Does a rapper's inability to put on a good live show change your opinion of him?

Hip-Hop largely fails as a live artform so no. Vocal music is as good live as electronic/instrumental music unless someone has an amazing voice.

Hip-Hop largely fails as a live artform so no. Vocal music is as good live as electronic/instrumental music unless someone has an amazing voice.

In terms of good live performances I don't know what some of you dude expect. Quite obvious, not every rapper is the same so a dude like Lil B will naturally come off better than someone like Nas in terms of a "good live performance".....personality has alot to do with the live performance as well.

You can mask the set on stage with lighting effects, dancers, and pyrotechnics or grab the entire clique backstage and bumrush the stage where everybody is wildin' out. Strip all that gimmick crap and you still got the artist you came to see......long story short, most rappers do NOT put on good live shows by themselves...still doesn't mean they don't/can't put out good music.

In terms of good live performances I don't know what some of you dude expect. Quite obvious, not every rapper is the same so a dude like Lil B will naturally come off better than someone like Nas in terms of a "good live performance".....personality has alot to do with the live performance as well.

You can mask the set on stage with lighting effects, dancers, and pyrotechnics or grab the entire clique backstage and bumrush the stage where everybody is wildin' out. Strip all that gimmick crap and you still got the artist you came to see......long story short, most rappers do NOT put on good live shows by themselves...still doesn't mean they don't/can't put out good music.

Hov doesn't put on a good show? You guys are bugging
laugh.gif

co-sign on Fabolous being one of the worst ever, dude has ZERO stage presence

As far as effort and energy goes I think Kanye is at the top

Hov doesn't put on a good show? You guys are bugging
laugh.gif

co-sign on Fabolous being one of the worst ever, dude has ZERO stage presence

As far as effort and energy goes I think Kanye is at the top

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

i heard lil b was horrible when Diddy brought him out...

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

i heard lil b was horrible when Diddy brought him out...

100% it changes my opinion...Theres no difference in seeing someone live who are just standing there doing nothing but spittin verses and listening to it in your room

Wiz...seen him live, he got high on stage and just sat around and was like "yeaaauuhhhh" I havent listened to him since
Saw the roots live, that !@%@ is like a religious experience, they have my wallet for as long as I live, same thing with kanye after the gitd tour

those who say it doesnt matter deserve to keep getting money taken from them from these "actors"

100% it changes my opinion...Theres no difference in seeing someone live who are just standing there doing nothing but spittin verses and listening to it in your room

Wiz...seen him live, he got high on stage and just sat around and was like "yeaaauuhhhh" I havent listened to him since
Saw the roots live, that !@%@ is like a religious experience, they have my wallet for as long as I live, same thing with kanye after the gitd tour

those who say it doesnt matter deserve to keep getting money taken from them from these "actors"

Originally Posted by ninjahood

early jigga was horrible live....

This. I saw jay back in 2000-2001 and it wasn't exciting. Dude was stiff and was kinda boring. I know he's a million times Bette now tho. DMX on the other hand was great, stage presence, excitement and everything. Method man and drake were both good and had good energy.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

early jigga was horrible live....

This. I saw jay back in 2000-2001 and it wasn't exciting. Dude was stiff and was kinda boring. I know he's a million times Bette now tho. DMX on the other hand was great, stage presence, excitement and everything. Method man and drake were both good and had good energy.

I saw Little Brother live in SF a few years ago, and the performance was so bad that I convinced myself it wasnt actually Phonte performing. Fabolous is god awful in concert as well.

Live shows 100% change my opinions of artists, and they should for everyone. Performing live is part of what makes an artist great. On the flipside, a great live show can make me enjoy someone's music more than I already did (John Legend, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, the Roots, etc).

I saw Little Brother live in SF a few years ago, and the performance was so bad that I convinced myself it wasnt actually Phonte performing. Fabolous is god awful in concert as well.

Live shows 100% change my opinions of artists, and they should for everyone. Performing live is part of what makes an artist great. On the flipside, a great live show can make me enjoy someone's music more than I already did (John Legend, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, the Roots, etc).

I mean, after the fact, maybe a little bit, but considering we listen to recorded !+%* a whole hell of a lot more than we see live shows, that has to factor in, too.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would go home after a bad performance and clear out their iTunes of that artist. The music is what is important.

I mean, after the fact, maybe a little bit, but considering we listen to recorded !+%* a whole hell of a lot more than we see live shows, that has to factor in, too.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would go home after a bad performance and clear out their iTunes of that artist. The music is what is important.

Jay and Nas are the weakest Hip-Hop performers I've seen live, and that sucks, considering they're two of my five favorite rappers. Sound clarity was my biggest problem at the Nas show. He didn't forget his lyrics when I saw him, but I've seen footage of him doing so. Jay just stood there, and took some steps back and forth like he was so *$$@%#* cool.

Kid Cudi, Cam'ron, and Q-Tip are some other rappers I've seen live, who were actually great.

A rapper would have to be astoundingly awful for me to lose respect for him after a show.

Jay and Nas are the weakest Hip-Hop performers I've seen live, and that sucks, considering they're two of my five favorite rappers. Sound clarity was my biggest problem at the Nas show. He didn't forget his lyrics when I saw him, but I've seen footage of him doing so. Jay just stood there, and took some steps back and forth like he was so *$$@%#* cool.

Kid Cudi, Cam'ron, and Q-Tip are some other rappers I've seen live, who were actually great.

A rapper would have to be astoundingly awful for me to lose respect for him after a show.

Originally Posted by wildmoodswings

Jay and Nas are the weakest Hip-Hop performers I've seen live, and that sucks, considering they're two of my five favorite rappers. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
 at Kid Cudi or Cam'ron being better live than Jay-Z.  GTFOHWTBS

Back
Top Bottom