Does a rapper's inability to put on a good live show change your opinion of him?

The only rapper I seen put on a weak show was Ghostface. COMPLETE disappointing.

But to answer your question, no. It doesn't effect their music. I just wouldn't see them again.

The only rapper I seen put on a weak show was Ghostface. COMPLETE disappointing.

But to answer your question, no. It doesn't effect their music. I just wouldn't see them again.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Most rappers need to stop getting drunk and high right before they're set.

*Truth. It Aint For Everybody
laugh.gif

Jay-Z's live show is amazing and I'll tell you why.

Yal keep sayin he was stiff or didnt do anything. Thats cuz he doesnt have to. His presence is what does.

Yal talk about all the time how people really worship jay like he is a god or somethin. He has built himself up in a manner where he can just stand there like he the $$@+. Thousands of people throwin diamonds in the air, screamin Hova. Then when "This a public service anouncement brought to you by ....." then prepare to watch the buildin explode. Its a surreal experience.

Jay doesnt have natural performance abitlity but the way he markets himself makes up for it.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

I saw Jay's concert at 1st Mariner as well in 2009 in Baltimore...great show and he is probably one of the only rappers who can rock an arena.

I've seen Nas numerous times and he always kills it...great crowd interaction and all that.

Kanye shut it down...

Drake was a little weak...it was like he was acting more than performing.  Go figure.

Fabolous is horrible...dude has no stage presence.

The Roots are probably one of the best bands you will ever see.

Lupe put on a great show as well.

Jim Jones is trash.
Saw that Jay show too. It was live.  He's definitely not anything special as a performer though, it's just everyone knows every word to his songs so the whole arena vibes and creates almost a show of their own. Or atleast that's how I felt.

Jay-Z's live show is amazing and I'll tell you why.

Yal keep sayin he was stiff or didnt do anything. Thats cuz he doesnt have to. His presence is what does.

Yal talk about all the time how people really worship jay like he is a god or somethin. He has built himself up in a manner where he can just stand there like he the $$@+. Thousands of people throwin diamonds in the air, screamin Hova. Then when "This a public service anouncement brought to you by ....." then prepare to watch the buildin explode. Its a surreal experience.

Jay doesnt have natural performance abitlity but the way he markets himself makes up for it.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

I saw Jay's concert at 1st Mariner as well in 2009 in Baltimore...great show and he is probably one of the only rappers who can rock an arena.

I've seen Nas numerous times and he always kills it...great crowd interaction and all that.

Kanye shut it down...

Drake was a little weak...it was like he was acting more than performing.  Go figure.

Fabolous is horrible...dude has no stage presence.

The Roots are probably one of the best bands you will ever see.

Lupe put on a great show as well.

Jim Jones is trash.
Saw that Jay show too. It was live.  He's definitely not anything special as a performer though, it's just everyone knows every word to his songs so the whole arena vibes and creates almost a show of their own. Or atleast that's how I felt.

Kanye, Jay, and David Banner are the best performers I have ever witnessed. Wale ain't bad. Young Jeezy is horrible hence the turn his career has taken.

Kanye, Jay, and David Banner are the best performers I have ever witnessed. Wale ain't bad. Young Jeezy is horrible hence the turn his career has taken.

I haven't seen jay or nas live, so I can't speak from personal experience, but from what I've seen they both lack in the live performance section. I watched jay live on that ny concert and pharrel came out as well as John Mayer (I think) and it was the boringest thing ever. Idk, he's the +$%% man, RD, the blueprint, etc. But it's amazing how he just stands there and walks around moving his mouth. Smh. Samething with nas man. Except a little less. From the videos of his most recent tour with Damian, he was actually performing lol. Maybe cus Damian actually performs? Idk. Take this a grain of salt as I havent experience a live performance from either.

I haven't seen jay or nas live, so I can't speak from personal experience, but from what I've seen they both lack in the live performance section. I watched jay live on that ny concert and pharrel came out as well as John Mayer (I think) and it was the boringest thing ever. Idk, he's the +$%% man, RD, the blueprint, etc. But it's amazing how he just stands there and walks around moving his mouth. Smh. Samething with nas man. Except a little less. From the videos of his most recent tour with Damian, he was actually performing lol. Maybe cus Damian actually performs? Idk. Take this a grain of salt as I havent experience a live performance from either.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Jay-Z's shows are exponentially better than Nas'.  People can talk about being stiff or what not.....but at least he remembers his words.  Jay has the crowd in his hands at his live shows.  Nas should be praying that the crowd doesnt start throwing empty bottles at him.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Jay-Z's shows are exponentially better than Nas'.  People can talk about being stiff or what not.....but at least he remembers his words.  Jay has the crowd in his hands at his live shows.  Nas should be praying that the crowd doesnt start throwing empty bottles at him.

Yes.. saw Cudi when he had mad hype a yr+ ago.. put on a terrible show.. showed up 3hrs late.. performed only for an hr or so & he was probably so blz'd he didn't realize how much feedback the mic was giving him..

Yes.. saw Cudi when he had mad hype a yr+ ago.. put on a terrible show.. showed up 3hrs late.. performed only for an hr or so & he was probably so blz'd he didn't realize how much feedback the mic was giving him..

saw Kendrick Lamar recently...everything started late, his opening acts were weak, and he only performed for like 45mins and didn't include ALOT of *$** in his set...i haven't listened to Overly Dedicated since...
HiiPoWeR tho 
pimp.gif

saw Kendrick Lamar recently...everything started late, his opening acts were weak, and he only performed for like 45mins and didn't include ALOT of *$** in his set...i haven't listened to Overly Dedicated since...
HiiPoWeR tho 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I mean, after the fact, maybe a little bit, but considering we listen to recorded !+%* a whole hell of a lot more than we see live shows, that has to factor in, too.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would go home after a bad performance and clear out their iTunes of that artist.

The music is what is important.

I've done it in the past and would do it again. To me the live show is more important than anything recorded, and that's one of the biggest problems with rap. Normally an artist would spend years perfecting their show before they dream about releasing a cd but in rap @!!@ is done backwards.  Hell a cd was suppose to be a gateway to getting more fans to come to your show

Outside of the huge names in music, I typically would go to my fav artists show a couple of time, and there's a huge difference between them sucking and the crowd just not feeling them completely, or they're just waiting for them to play their big single at the time. Either way I remember when everyone was geeking over Chester French and seeing them suck at CMJ which completely turned me off to their music, while having Janelle Monae just completely blow me away and turning me into a lifelong fan

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I mean, after the fact, maybe a little bit, but considering we listen to recorded !+%* a whole hell of a lot more than we see live shows, that has to factor in, too.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would go home after a bad performance and clear out their iTunes of that artist.

The music is what is important.

I've done it in the past and would do it again. To me the live show is more important than anything recorded, and that's one of the biggest problems with rap. Normally an artist would spend years perfecting their show before they dream about releasing a cd but in rap @!!@ is done backwards.  Hell a cd was suppose to be a gateway to getting more fans to come to your show

Outside of the huge names in music, I typically would go to my fav artists show a couple of time, and there's a huge difference between them sucking and the crowd just not feeling them completely, or they're just waiting for them to play their big single at the time. Either way I remember when everyone was geeking over Chester French and seeing them suck at CMJ which completely turned me off to their music, while having Janelle Monae just completely blow me away and turning me into a lifelong fan

Nas is killing it on tour with Damian Marley. I've seen them twice now, and both times they were excellent. I really think he needs someone to perform with to amp him up. He's not like Kanye in the sense that Kanye can go out and act a fool and put on a show all by himself.

Nas needs a hypeman is what I'm getting at.

Back
Top Bottom