Does anyone actually care that Kanye has Yeezus dropping on June 18th?

Where are the music videos?! This dude Kanye really on that mysterious stuff. :smh:

"Yeezus" will be copped solely on the fact that there is a chance to win Red Yeezy II's.

lol pretty sure you're not the only one thinking that way too.

Only on NT, guys thinking J Cole will outsell Kanye West. Think before you say things

Not true.
I have a lot of friends who said they are copping Cole's album and they aint messing with this new crazy Kanye...
and they've never been on NT even once. :lol:

Sup

I think kanye is gona be alright
And I think its about time I listen to jcole I might go back and cop some of his old stuff

But back to kanye if the album flops maybe hell step back and put some substance in his music
But then again a ***** can only dream

I think the fact that we're even discussing Cole's album alongside Kanye's is validation for him moving his release date up a week.
I think in his mind this is the best that he could of hoped for.

He might not outsell Kanye, in fact its still unlikely even with all of the Buzz cole got right now... but he certainly got himself a lot more attention than he would of had on the 25th.

Im sure he feels like he won already by just having his album be considered or even listened to by Kanye fans. In fact, he said so himself.

I'll hold out some hope on Yeezus though, hopefully he comes through with some better material than Cruel Summer :smh:

I guess I've been living under a rock because outside of NT and #NT I haven't heard anyone even mention J Cole.

Every solo album of his has gone platinum. This will at least sell around 60K-800K.....so obviously, plenty of people care.

DId he and Jay kinda do the same thing when WTT dropped. When HAM flopped they basically waited until a week before release date to drop OTIS?

I guess I've been living under a rock because outside of NT and #NT I haven't heard anyone even mention J Cole.

Power Trip is all over hip hop and the main stream stations in Philly

It was the #2 most requested song on Wired 96.5 last night which is a pop top 40 type station

Even with the lack of promo and doing interviews Kanye still has a strong buzz. I like the pro-black feel of New Slaves so I'm definitely copping. I think Cole's numbers will be nice but I've never really been a fan of music so his joint is getting DL'ed. I really don't hear people talking about Cole's album like that.

You know Cole's gonna do alright when my dude Stilln is bringin that JT 20/20 Experience type of defense to this whole Kanye/Cole discussion.

:pimp: :lol:

You know Cole's gonna do alright when my dude Stilln is bringin that JT 20/20 Experience type of defense to this whole Kanye/Cole discussion.

:pimp: :lol:

Lol I'm saying I hear no buzz bout Kanye but his Stan's will surely cop, I just can't see 600k plus like people are saying in here but I could be way off

Cole is on the raise with a hit single and that second single with TLC is picking up steam

Last edited:
It's nice to sit back and watch someone else do all the dirty work. :lol:
Getting no blood on my hands, word to CP3... :nerd:

Last edited:
Certain rappers, yeah.

You going hard to defend J Cole. :lol:

I don't even really like J Cole to be honest, I'm just seeing his star rise

I'm not copping either album in all likelihood

Some Stan's refuse to see what's in front of them

Will Cole outsell Kanye? Probably not but will he hurt sales, I'm saying yea because people don't buy albums like that so if you had to choose one, I bet a lot of mainstream music buyers are going with the young rapper with a hit single over Kanye who has pretty much alienated the general public

Last edited:
No buzz on Kanye's album :lol:

We get it, you hate him cause he dissed JT but don't let that cloud your thinking my friend. As mentioned earlier, he got hundreds of people going to see his projections a matter of HOURS after he tweeted something. If that doesn't represent strong hype then I don't know what does.

Kanye's fanbase stretches far beyond hip hop heads (especially after MBDTF) so there's no doubt in my mind that he will outsell J. Cole.

No buzz on Kanye's album :lol:

We get it, you hate him cause he dissed JT but don't let that cloud your thinking my friend. As mentioned earlier, he got hundreds of people going to see his projections a matter of HOURS after he tweeted something. If that doesn't represent strong hype then I don't know what does.

Kanye's fanbase stretches far beyond hip hop heads (especially after MBDTF) so there's no doubt in my mind that he will outsell J. Cole.

I hate Kanye? I own 4 of his albums

Try again

Dissing JT made him look foolish but it's not like it affected anything on JT's but I bet you it turned off some mainstream fans

5 years ago this thread would have been 50 pages deep by now

There is no mainstream folks checking for New Slaves

Last edited:
What genre does Kanye represent now? Who is this guy?

It's crazy when dudes move away from the core of what brought them in the game. It stops being evolution and now it seems like a cry for attention.

In Kanye's mind he represents like high art or something. Which can fit the definition of "trying to hard."

It turns off the crowd that helped him become what he is - the hip-hop fans that loved CD and LR. But what he lost in those fans he's made up more elsewhere.

There is no mainstream folks checking for New Slaves

http://music-mix.ew.com/2013/06/05/kanye-west-new-slaves-snippet/

Entertainment Weekly posting about an unofficial snippet of the song...

I definitely see why NT music heads and other hip-hop fans are over Kanye's music these days, but he's got a mainstream following so I don't think it's worth entertaining the idea that Cole will outsell him.

And in any case, Cole is making the music that Kanye once did and moved away from. So we should be happy he's here to fill the void in that area

Last edited:

It's crazy when dudes move away from the core of what brought them in the game. It stops being evolution and now it seems like a cry for attention.

In Kanye's mind he represents like high art or something. Which can fit the definition of "trying to hard."

100% agree.

Exactly what I thought when I watched SNL.

i dnt know if kanye gonna do more than wayne did on that Im not a human 2 cuz wayne had some hi charted hits off it an promo an debuted in the 2 hunnids
100% agree.

Exactly what I thought when I watched SNL.
he's a jacka.ss

1.) Huge reach to think Cole will come close to Kanye's sales but that's imo

2.) They're basically serving different crowds so it doesn't matter.

Cole is mainly serving the hip-hop realm; Kanye's basically moved away from that and is serving god-knows-what. Like the Perez Hilton, Entertainment Weekly (who just made an article for that bootleg 1-min snippet of New Slaves today), artsy dudes-who-wear-designer-fashion types. Just so happens there are a lot more of those people.

So Cole won't sell as much as Kanye but you shouldn't let that disappoint you.

:lol: Last I checked people are free to make whatever music they want. No one is obligated to make a particular type of music

Kanye might of shot himself in the foot dissing JT and trying to feud with him. people are sick of his ******** antics from the Taylor Swift incident to just being a total douche.

Kanye might of shot himself in the foot dissing JT and trying to feud with him. people are sick of his ******** antics from the Taylor Swift incident to just being a total douche.

eh, I still don't think it'll matter too much. Kanye is one of THE biggest artists out, he's an arrogant jack*** but still his name carries weight...everyone knows his album is coming out, I'm talking people who don't even rock with hip hop....I think this whole promo style he did with this is actually kind of genius, it's different but Kanye is one of the select few who can afford to get away w/ that. I think he does very very strong numbers, and it'll go platinum sooner than later. Dude always puts out classic material...he does have a kind of "high art" vibe like people said though for sure. I'd probably hate him as a person if I knew him, but I can't hate on his music.

Last edited:
eh, I still don't think it'll matter too much. Kanye is one of THE biggest artists out, he's an arrogant jack*** but still his name carries weight...everyone knows his album is coming out, I'm talking people who don't even rock with hip hop....I think this whole promo style he did with this is actually kind of genius, it's different but Kanye is one of the select few who can afford to get away w/ that. I think he does very very strong numbers, and it'll go platinum sooner than later. Dude always puts out classic material...he does have a kind of "high art" vibe like people said though for sure. I'd probably hate him as a person if I knew him, but I can't hate on his music.

Nah I agree JT basically went platinum first week, people were dying for a new album from him and Kanye dissed him

In reality, their mainstream fans are one and the same

300k Stan's might cop whatever he drops but the other 300k+ is people buying off singles and like ability

Don't think the Kim K crowd that doesn't like him now isn't a factor

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom