Does anyone else not really care about NFL playoffs?

Steve Somers
pimp.gif
Best on WFAN.

I like Evan Roberts & Beiningo & Tony Paige too.

Sports on Wax when they come on are good & Ann Lagorie as well. They aren't regulars though.

IM actually excited and rooting for the giants, i want eli to do well and if he could beat the pack and then beat the Pats i dont see how any 1 can ever sayanything bad about the guy EVER again!

the only people who don't really care about the NFL playoffs are A. if you're team isn't in it B. if you're tired of ESPN's overkillcoverage C. if you're just not into football period

group all 3 categories together, and you're still in the minority...i love baseball and is my personal fav. sport but let's face it...football has nowbecome america's past time...

this particular NFL playoff season has too many stories going for it and teams that people or the casual sports fan will CARE about (i guarantee whoever makesit to the SuperBowl will have a game that ratings > last years...which i believe were the lowest in NFL history for a SB)...you have the story of Green Bayand the old man Brett Favre leading a young team into a possible Superbowl victory and maybe riding off in the sunset OR the NYG (NY teams will always gethype) who have been the underdogs in the playoffs and like Pierce called them the "all joe's" who have won 9 straight road games withPeyton's younger brother leading the way OR a San Diego Chargers team who fired their coach after a 14-2 year and started out 1-3 and have beat the Coltswith probably the best RB in the league leading the way OR the Patriots, going for perfection, Brady and Belichick's 4th Superbowl, breaking records, etc.etc. etc. you already know the deal...ESPN has informed you countless of times...

so just to sum it up, usually what gets the casual watchers and sports fans into watching the playoffs are the stories that come along for each team...whetherits a rivalry matchup or going for history or w/e...these specific playoffs have a lot going for them so I think you're missing out if you don't atleast watch the SB, man...

I dont mind it at all. I'm just sick of stories about bulletin board material. I'm talking about newsflash headlines when some 2nd string DB boldlysays his team has a chance of winning Its just ******ed

I watched the NFL for 17 weeks straight.

I would sometimes go home at 4am and I would still manage to wake up by 10am to watch the morning games or to drag myself to a bar or a buddy's pad towatch all the games on multiple screens. I can't even imagine the countless hours I spent checking fantasy stats and watching NFL prime time. So to answerthe question I do care very much about the NFL Playoffs. This is the end of what has been a great season.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Steve Somers
pimp.gif
Best on WFAN.

I like Evan Roberts & Beiningo & Tony Paige too.

Sports on Wax when they come on are good & Ann Lagorie as well. They aren't regulars though.

Sports on Wax is interesting, love the background music. I sometimes tune in to dude on 1050 ESPN, Michael Tierny (sp?) when Malusis goes on tirades ortalks about the ********.

Football is the sport of true men. If you don't enjoy football, I question your sexuality and ability to father children.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I watched the NFL for 17 weeks straight.

I would sometimes go home at 4am and I would still manage to wake up by 10am to watch the morning games or to drag myself to a bar or a buddy's pad to watch all the games on multiple screens. I can't even imagine the countless hours I spent checking fantasy stats and watching NFL prime time. So to answer the question I do care very much about the NFL Playoffs. This is the end of what has been a great season.

pimp.gif
no-jeff garcia but you took the words right out of my mouth.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

Football is the sport of true men. If you don't enjoy football, I question your sexuality and ability to father children.

its kind of funny because its kind of true
laugh.gif

I watched more football this season than any other season mostly because I'm out of college and have a job where I don't have to work on weekendsanymore. Before that I had to worked every weekend because of school. I was far from a football fanatic, only watching the important games, but I must say Ienjoyed following this season. Like a poster above me said, there are a lot of great story lines this season and have already been some major upsets in theplayoffs. It's good stuff.

I don't watch enough ESPN to see the overkill coverage but hey, it's EPSN. That's what they do.

The NBA is pretty bad right now. Too many young players, not enough refined talent save the few established teams. Either way once football is over I'llswitch full gear to NBA and college hoops. Then after that begins the loooooong boring summer of baseball. Well atleast we have the Olympics to look forwardto.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

pretty much

lot's of diverging opinions here. i see what you are saying though. personally, i'm the exact opposite. my first sport is basketball and it has alwaysbeen that way with football a close second. but over the years i've slowly come to the realization that football just might be the greatest sport everconceived, even superior to that of my beloved basketball. the combination of dynamics and strategy and teamwork is inherently more interesting and probablyedges that in every other sport.

i look at it like this: which would you rather watch? a boring football game or a boring basketball game? even i have to admit that i'd rather watch aboring football game as opposed to a boring basketball game. let's not get into the atrocity known as baseball.
laugh.gif

Nah I care cuz I got money on it...but it isn't the same knowing my Ravens sucked this season.

Back
Top Bottom