Does anyone know anything about Nike ASR (Account Service Representative) position?

What's up, Niketalk?

The story-

I'm a recent college graduate and even more recent working professional. While in college I was working at Nike in Northern California on the retail level. After 10 months of not finding work after graduating I decided to move back home to Portland. I had Nike set me up at a nearby location while I looked for a permanent time job back home. Shortly after moving back home I was chosen to interview for an ASR position. I had made friends with two important headquarter contacts while in school and working in Northern California. These contacts and my constant determination definitely paid off because they got me an interview. I went through a wild and weird interview process at Nike but at the time of my interview they didn't have an immediate opening and told me they were conducting interviews for the future. The interview process went well but from what I know the turnover is horrible for their ASR's and they do these sort of interviews well ahead of time routinely. Fast forward 2 months and I get an email regarding an offer for a full time position.

The questIon-

Does anyone have experience in this role? Does anyone know anyone who has worked as an ASR? From what I have looked up the pay is crap BUT I am hoping to bank on climbing up from within and proving myself. 

From my personal experience working at Nike seems like trying to get into a fraternity. Which sort of scares me and has been a huge turn off. haha. The position seems very bottom of the totem pole but I have aspirations to climb the hierarchal ladder and it could lead to a dream job...I hope.

I work a legit entry-level advertising job right now for an independent but very profitable direct response advertising agency that also does branding and analytics. I'm torn between following my dreams to climb up the Nike ladder and someday land a legit marketing job for them vs. continuing to work my current job and gaining experiencing first hand.

Any advice or stories of anyone who has experience or knowledge of how this usually works out is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom