Does anyone know people that were home schooled?

My cousin is homeschooled by my aunt who is dumb as rocks, and didn't even graduate high school..

Setting him up for a life of failure..

When I was in high school, I met people that were home schooled. We were in the IB Program, if you know what that is, and they were pretty smart. They brought a bible with them to school, but they didn't really bring their religious beliefs up.

Yes, yes, and yes.

If you want somebody to be caught totally off guard, an open target to anybody trying to take advantage of them, and socially ******ed when they get into the real world and have to deal with a diverse group of people, homeschool them.

One of my best friends from high school was home schooled until 8th grade. Dude was cool but was a little lacking in social interactions just because he was sheltered for most of his life up to that point. He's pretty normal now.

Yes.
He has no social skills and is more annoying than deedee is to dexter.
He has no friends in school (I doubt he has any by his house).
I hate him. He was homeschooled till 8th grade. Highschool has not been kind too him (and while you want to feel sorry for him he just refuses to adapt and so remains as annoying as ever.)

laugh.gif
its that bad. It seems like home schooling at a young age is bad.
Some studies suggest that home schooled students perform better on tests and are better suited for college.

Originally Posted by kicks4kaskets

One of my best friends from high school was home schooled until 8th grade. Dude was cool but was a little lacking in social interactions just because he was sheltered for most of his life up to that point. He's pretty normal now.
this

I was talking to a girl from work yesterday and she brought up how she was home schooled. She said they did a lot of reading and "hands on" activities.

She's weird but,
pimp.gif

They always seem to be straight A students.  Fishy as hell 
laugh.gif
I wonder how they test the legitimacy of their grades.

I was home schooled for the first 3 years and I can tell you it did affect my ability to make friends. I lacked in the social skills coming into public school and it took a while to get over it.

I worked with a girl who was home schooled.

She always seemed normal to me and she didn't lack social skills.

Originally Posted by Essential1

My cousin is homeschooled by my aunt who is dumb as rocks, and didn't even graduate high school..

Setting him up for a life of failure..

lold hard

Was in 8th grade with a chick who was home schooled...she was easily the smartest in the school but also the wierdest, everybody made fun of her for how wierd she was including me...now shes abouy to graduate college with great grades, im jelly
frown.gif

i work w/ homeschoolers from time to time...some of them are very bright while some lack social skills...they're all very polite and well mannered though

This girl I went to high school with was home schooled until freshman year.

She was so damn weird man. We had art class together, I used to catch her eating boogers and @#$!.

I remember one day, she sneezed in her hand and this long snot string came out. I laughed, she looked at me and just cried. *felt bad man .gif*

But, she was really just weird and I could tell she was lonely as hell in school. I wonder what she does now.

I remember we had just got back from christmas break and I asked what she got for christmas. she whipped out a pokemon card starter deck. I was blown away.

Social stunted and sheltered.

Their academics varied on the quality of their "education"

I know someone who has never talked to a girl in 18 years because he was homeschooled.

The only way I'd see homeschooling being logical is in situations like Angie Varona (the girl with the titty pics leaked) or Amber Cole (video uploaded of her 14yo giving head to twitter) or Rebecca Black (it's friday friday gotta get down on friday) where if they continued public school regularly it would be social torture.

I did home school in my senior year of high school, along with going to school traditionally. Reason was I dropped out of the 10th grade while being enrolled in the Cleveland Public Schools system. I never learned anything from my last year of middle school all the way through high school being enrolled there, because of the way the teachers taught in Cleveland. So I dropped out. I was literally in the streets during that time.
Than when we finally moved out of the hood, we moved to the burbs and I finished my last year at another school along with doing home school to catch up from being behind by dropping out. I earned Honor Roll status that way, with my GPA being so high. I was literally busy all day and night though for a while. But I had no choice. Graduated and walked across the stage, something I thought I'd never do. 
smokin.gif

(NaturalNews) There are over 2 million home-educated children in this country, and this number is growing at 2% to 8% per year. This is not surprising, given the dismal track record of the public school system. If you have ever considered homeschooling your children (or even if you have not), here are six reasons to do it.

1. Academic excellence by homeschoolers is greater than you might think. Academically, homeschoolers far surpass publicly educated students. In one recent study, standardized test scores of homeschooled students were 37 percentile points above their public school counterparts. Previous studies showed similar results.

2. Social skill excellence by homeschoolers is greater than you might think. Most homeschooled children learn superior social skills (such as sharing, being kind, helping others, working together) at home with a parent supervising better than they would in a school setting where individual supervision is minimal. Interactions with extended family and neighborhood children, as well as extracurricular activities (like Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts), provide additional opportunities for healthy social encounters.

3. There are more resources to help than you might think. Many states and regions have an annual conference with speakers, networking and curriculum vendors to help homeschooling families. Plentiful online and local support groups and co-ops are also helpful.

4. The legal hurdles are lower than you might think. Laws vary by state, but many require little or no notification, reporting or paperwork. Even in the most highly regulated states compliance with the law is not difficult. National non-profit organizations, like the Homeschool Legal Defense Association, help members understand their rights and responsibilities as homeschooling parents.

5. The benefits to your children are greater than you might think. Your children receive your worldview, beliefs, and values, and they eat your food rather than food from a school cafeteria. You can tailor your school day to your child, whether s/he is a slow learner or gifted academically. You can provide ample individual attention.

6. It is more important than you might think. Most Natural News readers are independent thinkers and healthy skeptics, qualities which are generally discouraged by the public school system. By homeschooling your children you can teach your children to think critically, rather than teaching to the test like they do in public school. This will better equip them to navigate the social, financial, food, and energy crises, which loom in our future.

If you do not think you are capable of teaching your children, you are in good company; when starting out no one thinks they can. Taking on the task of educating your own children is an enormous responsibility. But even seasoned homeschooling parents have insecurity about their ability to teach their children. This insecurity can be converted to motivation to learn and study how to best educate your children.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034103_homeschooling_children.html#ixzz1e1qDdUiY

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Social stunted and sheltered.

So far from the Truth, I was Home Schooled from 1st-12th (no joke) and I am ALWAYS the most Social person in the group no matter what set of people I am with.......And Sheltered? pshhhhh lol

was home schooled my 12th grade year (missing too many credits to graduate on time)
i learned the same stuff at school its just this time everything is straight out the book
my life was normal it didnt change one bit when i was home schooled still hung out with my friends and had more time to get a job

one of my best friends (my now teammate in college) was homeschooled and has one of the best senses of humor i've ever seen. he is weird in a hilarious way.

his family is religious, and he said in high school when he played for a homeschool team, if they cussed the got suspended.

Back
Top Bottom