Does AT&T really suck THAT bad in New York and San Francisco? Digital Flash Mob on Friday?

I was just reading about Operation Chokehold, which is Fake Steve's Job's with a fake Denial of Service protest.

http://www.theregister.co.../16/operation_chokehold/

"On Friday, December 18, at noon Pacific time, we will attempt to overwhelm theAT&T data network and bring it to its knees. The goal is to have every iPhone user (or as many as we can) turn on a data intensive app and run that app forone solid hour. Send the message to AT&T that we are sick of their substandard network and sick of their abusive comments. The idea is we'll create adigital flash mob. We're calling it in Operation Chokehold. Join us and speak truth to power!"

Basically, he's telling people to get together to overload AT&T's system in San Fran and NY by doing a LOT of audio (Pandora, etc.) and video(Youtube) streaming. Is the service that bad?

NYC can be absolutely horrible to the point where its almost like not having a phone.

I read a consumer reports mag the other day..
I don't remember SF...but for the NYC metro area... ATT was last when it came to coverage. With poor ratings all around.

it went:
1. Verizon
2. Sprint
3. Tmobile
4. ATT

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I don't remember SF...but for the NYC metro area... ATT was last when it came to coverage. With poor ratings all around.

it went:
1. Verizon
2. Sprint
3. Tmobile
4. ATT
pimp.gif

All I know is AT&T's service was almost non-existent in Council Bluffs, IA/Omaha, NE.

it went:
1. Verizon
2. Sprint
3. Tmobile
4. ATT
SMH at AT&T being worse than Tmobile. That's ridiculous.

If Verizon had affordable prices and phones I actually wanted (besides Droid) I would switch instantly. I'll stay with T-Mobile, I've been with them solong and their customer support is
pimp.gif

Dang it works fine in VA where I live for some reason i thought it would be good in a big city like that

A DoS attack. And a dumb one at that.

"I know how we'll show AT&T! Lets bring down the network so we can't use our phones! That'll show em!"

It would also prove AT&T's point of there being data hogs on the network.

SF is sketch.

My wife has ATT and she by far winds up with more dropped calls than I ever have with sprint.

Terrain might be a cause?

the funny part is att comes out with these bogus commercials about how they have the fastest 3g network and the least dropped calls....i would really like tosee proof of any of their claims....just because you have the fastest network in someones basement in Connecticut doesn't mean you have the fastest network

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

A DoS attack. And a dumb one at that.

"I know how we'll show AT&T! Lets bring down the network so we can't use our phones! That'll show em!"

It would also prove AT&T's point of there being data hogs on the network.
And ILLEGAL. And as one commentator stated on one of the blogs, the service is already so bad, how would you know if the DoS is successful ornot?

i have no problem with att in sf. no dropped calls and i always have 3g accept for at work because im usually underground.

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

it went:
1. Verizon
2. Sprint
3. Tmobile
4. ATT
SMH at AT&T being worse than Tmobile. That's ridiculous.
laugh.gif
T-Mobile > AT&T. All day. During a roadtrip my girl was forced to use my phone because the iPhone couldn't hold a solid signal formore then a minute or two in some areas. AT&T FTL.

btw

Basically, he's telling people to get together to overload AT&T's system in San Fran and NY by doing a LOT of audio (Pandora, etc.) and video (Youtube) streaming. Is the service that bad?
it's a joke.. didn't you read the link?
People, people, people... Fake Steve is a satirist. Operation Chokehold is a joke.

btw

Basically, he's telling people to get together to overload AT&T's system in San Fran and NY by doing a LOT of audio (Pandora, etc.) and video (Youtube) streaming. Is the service that bad?
People, people, people... Fake Steve is a satirist. Operation Chokehold is a joke.

Yup. I said it was a fake Denial of Service protest.

btw

The problem with this joke is that there really are people who're willing to actually do it. Should something actually happen, joke or not,Fake Steve could be held accountable. It probably wouldn't lead to much anyway though.

AT&T hands down the worst service. Only reason theyre relivent is because their toyphone.

Verizon hands down the best service. Not the best phones but I never have issues with my phones coverage.

Back
Top Bottom