Does Chris Webber Belong In The Hall of Fame?

Imagine if that knee injury didn't happen.  Before the injury he was in the conversation with Duncan and Garnett as the best power forwards.  He might even have a ring if the ball bounced differently against the Lakers.

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

Originally Posted by Physicx

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

if he goes in then antawn jamison deserves to go in too.

You can't be serious
yeah, lets not get crazy here
laugh.gif

#'s dont lie

And Chris Webber's are way better.

Originally Posted by Chrisb9393

AI and Payton are locks. no argument.
It absolutely blows my mind that people think there's even a possibility one or both might not get into the Hall. They are both first-ballot guys. It's ridiculous to think otherwise, and I'm guessing it has to do with young folks who like to focus on how their respective careers ended (Payton chasing a ring, AI bouncing from team to team as a malcontent). 

Yo, Chris Mullin is a hall of famer.

Nothing against him, but if he's a hall of famer, AI, GP, and Chris Webber are LOCKS. Their careers are all better than his.

/End thread.

C-Webb's one of my all-time faves but I'm not sure about him being in the HOF.

Hopefully.

i swear you guys hype up this dude like crazy

he never did anything that impacted the game to be in nba hall of fame

college basketball hall of fame? sure

what was this guy biggest accomplishments in the nba?

what was this guy biggest accomplishments in the nba?

giving this team a chance
SACRAMENTO KINGS

Wow, didn't expect this thread to blow up like this.  I definitely have to go back and see what everyone said.

I guess it weird to me, because when you look at everything he did at each level as a player, he is noteworthy.  That one ring would've really helped his case, though.

What Brondiesal & CP said on the first page. That Kings team then was
pimp.gif
though

And A.I. should be a lock getting in. Don't know how he wouldn't be in the HoF.

Mitch Richmond just got nominated for 2012. I never thought he would, even though he had a nice career. Dude went to the playoffs 4 times in his whole 14 year career though
sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Also Tim Hardaway, Vlade Divac, Marc Jackson,  Reggie Miller are on the ballot.

He's 20/10/4 for his career.

At his peak he was 27/11/4.

He played on those legendary Michigan squads.

He'll get in.

C-Webb is going in. The HOF covers all facets of basketball.

Adrian Dantley is in, and Mitch Richmond will get it. Sure he played on some horrible Kings teams, but he was a threat nonetheless. NBA players of that time knew that The Rock was the truth.

When I started watching him, he was like a 24,11,5 player. That is pretty impressive. You don't really see big guys with those kind of numbers anymore

Dude is a career loser, spazz, and choke artist dating back to college. He does not belong in the hall.

The Hall seems to make a distinction between college and NBA careers though. You can say Bill Walton got in based on a combo of both, but he padded his credentials leading a team to the NBA title, Finals MVP and a league MVP. Chris Mullin had a pretty damn good run in the league, but he also has two Olympic Golds (one on the Dream Team), so it helps him out. I just don't know if the Hall will recognize C-Webb for a combination of college and pros and no hardware to show for it.

I just think Chris Webber was the ultimate #'s guy. He was playing fantasy basketball in his head before fantasy existed. Let's say Zach Randolph leads the Grizzlies to the Finals sometime in the next few years and keeps up his same numbers. Does he get in the Hall of Fame too for turning around the Grizzlies franchise and leading them to the Finals once? He's always been a 20 and 10 guy as well.

Back
Top Bottom