Does KG deserve to be on the All NBA Defensive first team? Vol - 2008?

Why is everybody pointing at Kobe?

LOOK AT CHRIS PAUL.

he is an AWFUL on-ball defender. he only gets hype defensively because of his steals. this is just like when Larry Hughes made it.

24 out of 29 NBA coaches thought Kobe was a top-5 defender...i think they would know what they're talking about more than stat-obsessed posters on sneakermessageboards, no?

Kobe is an elite defender... people shouldn't be up in arms about his selection. even if you say Kobe made it off reputation, at least he HAS a reputation.he's been making All-Defense since he was like 21 years old. that was before the 81 pts... back when people just saw him as Shaq's sidekick and ayoung, athletic kid who could play lockdown D.

the real travesty there is CHRIS PAUL making the team over Dwyane Wade. Chris Paul has yet to establish any kind of reputation as a truly elite defender.. askChauncey Billups if he thinks CP3 is an All-NBA defender. the fact that he was elevated to first-team status over a guy who had a sick defensive season likeWade, is a JOKE.

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

Ron Artest and DWade should be first teamers instead of CP and Kobe
Artest was not a first-team defender this year. if anything, you should say Battier, not Artest.

and if you say Battier, the issue arises of him only playing 60 games, and Kobe Bryant playing 82.

(i agree that CP3 should have been dropped off, but not Kobe).

LazyJ10 wrote:
Does KG deserve to be on the All NBA Defensive first team
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif

The plan was for Kobe to leave Rondo open and help the others guard Pierce and Allen though. It also helped him save energy for offense
laugh.gif
Everyone knows that, but how effective was Kobe with thatplan. Pierce and Allen still got theirs with Kobe supposedly helping Luke and Fisher on them. Rondo would lose a game of HORSE against himself with thatjumper. As I said earlier, Kobe's help defense is average compared to other stars like LeBron and Wade. His man to man defense when he's up for it iswhat sets him apart from Wade and LeBron although LeBron is getting there as a great on ball defender.

is this even a thread? of course KG deserves to be defensive first team. the D is totally changed (weaker) without him.

edit: and he played enough games.

You can't come in this thread saying Kobe being voted by coaches, and they'd know more then us sneaker head stat geeks, and then in the next breathsay, whoa, wait a minute, CP3 on the first team is a TRAVESTY.

Memo to Downtown: Those same coaches who 'know something' are the same ones who voted CP3 on..

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Chris Paul on the First Team? Hmm he really did a great job on Chauncey.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and why is Wade on the 2nd team?

Originally Posted by franchise3

You can't come in this thread saying Kobe being voted by coaches, and they'd know more then us sneaker head stat geeks, and then in the next breath say, whoa, wait a minute, CP3 on the first team is a TRAVESTY.

Memo to Downtown: Those same coaches who 'know something' are the same ones who voted CP3 on..

That's the exact same thing I was thinking.

Wow..Kobe on first...But ya like others' have said..its rep now..I would have though Wade would have been on first...

Originally Posted by franchise3

You can't come in this thread saying Kobe being voted by coaches, and they'd know more then us sneaker head stat geeks, and then in the next breath say, whoa, wait a minute, CP3 on the first team is a TRAVESTY.

Kobe on 1st team is to be expected. we all know that he has a strong defensive reputation in the league. he was being selected to All-Defensiveteams long before some of the guys in this current crop were even coaching. Kobe and KGs selections (and Duncan to 2nd team, when he was not a 2nd-teamdefender this year), at least have precedent, and nobody can really pick a huge bone with either.

... as for Paul, i just don't understand how he is getting this sudden defensive reputation out of nowhere among this CURRENT group of coaches, and themedia/BSPN in general. because he gets a lot of steals? that's not how it's supposed to be.. who has he locked down? what other top guard has he showedup against defensively? if he had at least put the clamps on guys like Deron Williams or Chauncey in their head-to-head matchups, i wouldn't have a problemwith his selection because he would have proven his mettle as a defender.. but both guys outplayed him badly on both ends.

the selection of Paul in this case, especially when there was another superstar guard who was outstanding defensively, is particularly baffling.

wade got robbed. i was dumbfounded when i saw cp3 named to 1st team and wade on the 2nd team.

Kobe over Wade this year?????? Are you kidding me? I mean, really?????? Do voters even watch games? This is the kind of stuff Sportscenter needs to cover, notnon-breaking breaking news on Brett Favre

The all-defense team has been a joke since the start of the '03-'04 season. Wade should've been 1st Team definitely.

You know it has no credibility when LBJ makes the first team from just blocking shots. Josh Smith has been doing that for his whole career.

I didnt read the thread yet but her is my opinion..

cp3 is borderline
kobe is in based off his name and his past. He sucked on d this year, he wasnt a great help defender or one on one defender and doesn't deserve this spotover wade at all
lebron deserved this spot
kg got in based on his name and being a celtic
d12 deserved it.

whoever voted for d team is insane and voted based off players names and past

Looks like this thread has gone the way of most, with kobe snuggling his way to the forefront, but KG is definitely deserving. Barking, yelling, whining, soft,whatever you want to call him....Defensively the guy is a beast.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Mine would have been.

1ST

C - Dwight Howard
PF - Kevin Garnett
SF - Lebron James
SG - Shane Battier or Ron Artest. (
laugh.gif
@ Kobe)
PG- Rajon Rondo

C - Yao Ming
PF -Tim Duncan
SF - Andre Iguodala
SG - Shane Battier or Ron Artest.
PG- Chris Paul
if you watch every Lakers game like I do, you would see what Kobe does defensively. Just because he doesn't lead the league in steals or blocks (CP3 and Dwight), or make Sportcenter every night with a highlight weak-side block (Lebron) doesnt mean he isn't a great defender.

Kobe gets his hands on a lot of balls (pause), his deflections and his ability to really make the best perimeter player on the other team work very hard in the 4th quarter of close games is what sets him apart.

When the game is on the line, he really gets in your grill and locks you down. Obviously he has lost a step and isn't the defender he once was, but considered how much he is relied upon on offense and how much energy he uses on offense, his defensive ability is AMAZING.
KOBE IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ kobe being on the first team
smh.gif

kobe is potentially the best guard defender but he kinda slacked off this year

When I first saw the list, I thought it was for the All Nba First Team. There were a couple people who shouldn't have been on the defensive team. It'sjust a popularity vote now a days. Artest should of made it before Kobe.

laugh.gif
at CP3 being on there. He's terrible on the ball. He just has steals numbers because he gamble's so much.

Originally Posted by kobe8is

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Mine would have been.

1ST

C - Dwight Howard
PF - Kevin Garnett
SF - Lebron James
SG - Shane Battier or Ron Artest. (
laugh.gif
@ Kobe)
PG- Rajon Rondo

C - Yao Ming
PF -Tim Duncan
SF - Andre Iguodala
SG - Shane Battier or Ron Artest.
PG- Chris Paul
if you watch every Lakers game like I do, you would see what Kobe does defensively. Just because he doesn't lead the league in steals or blocks (CP3 and Dwight), or make Sportcenter every night with a highlight weak-side block (Lebron) doesnt mean he isn't a great defender.

Kobe gets his hands on a lot of balls (pause), his deflections and his ability to really make the best perimeter player on the other team work very hard in the 4th quarter of close games is what sets him apart.

When the game is on the line, he really gets in your grill and locks you down. Obviously he has lost a step and isn't the defender he once was, but considered how much he is relied upon on offense and how much energy he uses on offense, his defensive ability is AMAZING.
KOBE IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pimp.gif

and your blind love for this man that goes beyond basketball to make your opinions is by far disgusting and quite frankly, kind of gay

Back
Top Bottom