Does more expensive actually make it better??

It seems to me that people have this idea that more expensive is actually better. Sometimes "you get what you pay for" is true, but more often than not the lesser expensive item or thing is just as good as the higher priced or name brand thing.

Not always. Marketing has a lot to do with consumer's perception of how good the quality of a product is.

Depends on who you are and what you're talking about .. Say for things like food products most of the time more expensive name brand "dry products" are manufactured at the same place where store brand products are
At the end of the day branding is sold as an identifier of social class and standing

i usually go for 'bang for your buck' products as opposed to the most expensive ones

however if i need to spend the money to get the best value, ill do it

I say it all depends... but people can argue against anything... like....

Like some guy said to me " why spend all this money on an AUDI, when you can spend half as much on a Hyundai" its just a t car... LOL....

just a car.... lol

Alot of clothing and products like that : doesnt really apply

With food it holds true in alot of cases.

Most of the time the rarity of it will determine the price.

Originally Posted by justcallmeeric

I say it all depends... but people can argue against anything... like....

Like some guy said to me " why spend all this money on an AUDI, when you can spend half as much on a Hyundai" its just a t car... LOL....

just a car.... lol
Audi's don't seem that "luxurious" to me.  It seems to be only subtle differences when compared to VW.

When I compare a Nissan to an Infiniti, it seems to be a huge difference on the inside.  Just my opinion.

His comment was still stupid.  I just can sort of understand why someone would make that kind of comment.

Expensive means better to me depending on the item or brand. In general tho no matter price new clothes always make me feel good.

Originally Posted by UnderMedicated

In general tho no matter price new clothes always make me feel good.

pimp.gif
I know what you mean

Depends.

When it comes to things like Reynolds Wrap, napkins, certain food items, random things like that, there's really no difference between store brand products and the more expensive name brand.

It's just about knowing your products and doing research. It's why Monster and Bose make so much money and are so popular, people just don't know any better sometimes. Throw "special" "premium" "Plus" on random pictures, offer no real improvement in quality, and people usually will buy.

Scientific experiments have proven that people who pay more for something think the product has performed better than those who get the exact same product for free or at a discount. So, mentally, at least, yes.

Back
Top Bottom