Does NT Have a Race Problem?

Does NT have a race problem?

• Total voters
Example of why the answer is YES.

Why are you posting a meme with language like that?

WAY too comfortable. @Methodical Management

This is the culture around here that me and KHUFU KHUFU have spoken about.

For dude to even have the balls to post that says a LOT.
Oh yeah, he is very slick about his. I peeped him a while ago when he got banned from the George Floyd Thread. He is another one of those model minority individuals who seems to think that if you are just nice, White supremacy will give you a pass.

My man @alchemist_iq told me that he has a thing about being turned on by anime.

Many of Duke’s voters steadfastly denied that the former Klan leader was a racist. The St. Petersburg Times reported in 1990 that Duke supporters “are likely to blame the media for making him look like a racist.” The paper quoted G. D. Miller, a “59-year-old oil-and-gas lease buyer,” who said, “The way I understood the Klan, it’s not anti-this or anti-that.”

Duke’s rejoinder to the ads framing him as a racist resonated with his supporters. “Remember,” he told them at rallies, “when they smear me, they are really smearing you.”

The economic explanation carried the day: Duke was a freak creature of the bayou who had managed to tap into the frustrations of a struggling sector of the Louisiana electorate with an abnormally high tolerance for racist messaging.

While the rest of the country gawked at Louisiana and the Duke fiasco, Walker Percy, a Louisiana author, gave a prophetic warning to The New York Times.

“Don’t make the mistake of thinking David Duke is a unique phenomenon confined to Louisiana rednecks and yahoos. He’s not,” Percy said. “He’s not just appealing to the old Klan constituency, he’s appealing to the white middle class. And don’t think that he or somebody like him won’t appeal to the white middle class of Chicago or Queens.”

A few days after Duke’s strong showing, the Queens-born businessman Donald Trump appeared on CNN’s Larry King Live.

“It’s anger. I mean, that’s an anger vote. People are angry about what’s happened. People are angry about the jobs. If you look at Louisiana, they’re really in deep trouble,” Trump told King.

Trump later predicted that Duke, if he ran for president, would siphon most of his votes away from the incumbent, George H. W. Bush—in the process revealing his own understanding of the effectiveness of white-nationalist appeals to the GOP base.

“Whether that be good or bad, David Duke is going to get a lot of votes. Pat Buchanan—who really has many of the same theories, except it's in a better package—Pat Buchanan is going to take a lot of votes away from George Bush,” Trump said. “So if you have these two guys running, or even one of them running, I think George Bush could be in big trouble.” Little more than a year later, Buchanan embarrassed Bush by drawing 37 percent of the vote in New Hampshire’s Republican primary.

In February 2016, Trump was asked by a different CNN host about the former Klan leader’s endorsement of his Republican presidential bid.

“Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke. Okay?,” Trump said. “I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So I don’t know.”

As the vice president of the Confederacy, Alexander Stephens, in his 1861 “Cornerstone Speech,” articulated that the principle on which the Confederate States had been founded was the “great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition.” That principle was echoed by the declarations of secession from almost all of the Southern states.

Sitting in his cell at Fort Warren years later, the rebels defeated and the Confederacy vanquished, Stephens had second thoughts. He insisted in his diary, “The reporter's notes, which were very imperfect, were hastily corrected by me; and were published without further revision and with several glaring errors.” In fact, Stephens wrote, he didn’t like slavery at all.

“My own opinion of slavery, as often expressed, was that if the institution was not the best, or could not be made the best, for both races, looking to the advancement and progress of both, physically and morally, it ought to be abolished,” Stephens wrote. “Great improvements were, however, going on in the condition of blacks in the South … Much greater would have been made, I verily believe, but for outside agitation.”

Stephens had become first in line to the presidency of the Confederacy, an entity founded to defend white people’s right to own black people as chattel. But that didn’t mean he possessed any hostility toward black people, for whom he truly wanted only the best. The real problem was the crooked media, which had taken him out of context.

Last edited:
“The way I understood the Klan, it’s not anti-this or anti-that.”

Gah damn, must be 2 klans

Considering the events in Washington DC, many of these comments have not aged very well.

There is indeed a problem.

I don’t see how you perceived anger from me when I’m trying to dissolve the conflict. I’m sorry if you’re upset about something.

But to me, I see 3 upset people coming here to create an issue. Now don’t misinterpret it as racial injustice as a non-issue but there’s a time and place.

You don’t step into an argument about shoes and start making it about race and then belittle them for caring about shoes within that context. You’re just as much in this forum about shoes.

You clearly care about BLM and that’s great, but using “circle jerk” doesn’t help the cause. Y’all are better than this.

KHUFU KHUFU :lol:

"Time and Place" is what got me :lol:
So what’s your purpose. Explain your intent. If you feel the need to discuss racial issues 24/7 that’s great for you man. I don’t have that sort of energy to be honest. Just from my observation you have energy to have conflicts in a shoe forum, so I fail to see how you’re truly addressing the issues you’re adamantly defending. I got no problem with you. I just know when I have issues with someone else, it’s usually an issue with myself.

So what’s your purpose. Explain your intent. If you feel the need to discuss racial issues 24/7 that’s great for you man. I don’t have that sort of energy to be honest. Just from my observation you have energy to have conflicts in a shoe forum, so I fail to see how you’re truly addressing the issues you’re adamantly defending. I got no problem with you. I just know when I have issues with someone else, it’s usually an issue with myself.

Great combination of textbook responses on the subject matter.

Dude I’m trying to have a genuine conversation, you’re the one responding with shallow nothings. If you’re not willing to educate me, then let’s not talk.

Yea I didn't see one question mark there so it seemed like you were just getting some things off your chest.

What is it that you don't comprehend?

First two statements seemed rhetorical.

I think that's fine if you're just not in the mood to discuss racial issues, skip the post, the thread, the article, the tweet, whatever and continue with your life. It's heavy, you're scared, you want no parts, so have no parts. The problem is when you decide you're the arbiter of when other people can discuss it, oppress their views on their struggle.

I think that's fine if you're just not in the mood to discuss racial issues, skip the post, the thread, the article, the tweet, whatever and continue with your life. It's heavy, you're scared, you want no parts, so have no parts. The problem is when you decide you're the arbiter of when other people can discuss it, oppress their views on their struggle.
Bingo. You would think people would understand that by now.

Which is why I pinpointed him saying, "Time and Place."

That was the same nonsense JRepp23 JRepp23 said in the "Last Dance" thread. "Why are yall talking about that in here."

1612208396047.png

He was addressing racial issues in a shoe forum, with a racist. It does not matter the time or place when dealing with such an individual.

I’m here discussing. I’m not oppressing anyone. I personally think that it was wrong to bring an issue into a discussion unrelated. I feel like you’re saying if someone butts into a conversation, let’s say a conversation about someone’s newborn, and then you bring in racial issues. If they were to say this isn’t the time and place to discuss this. We’re just trying to talk about my newborn, is that oppression? That’s you being rude, in my opinion. And since every other topic is of lesser importance, we’re not allowed to have a menial discussions about shoes?

He was addressing racial issues in a shoe forum, with a racist. It does not matter the time or place when dealing with such an individual.
Look, I don’t know anything about him. Whether he is a racist or not. He hasn’t made any indication of being racist so I have no judgments. If you guys find him a racist and are out to persecute him on this forum then by all means. But I don’t see how that’s helping your cause. It just feels like rage directed towards one dude.

I’m here discussing. I’m not oppressing anyone. I personally think that it was wrong to bring an issue into a discussion unrelated. I feel like you’re saying if someone butts into a conversation, let’s say a conversation about someone’s newborn, and then you bring in racial issues. If they were to say this isn’t the time and place to discuss this. We’re just trying to talk about my newborn, is that oppression? That’s you being rude, in my opinion. And since every other topic is of lesser importance, we’re not allowed to have a menial discussions about shoes?

Are you black?

Look, I don’t know anything about him. Whether he is a racist or not. He hasn’t made any indication of being racist so I have no judgments. If you guys find him a racist and are out to persecute him on this forum then by all means. But I don’t see how that’s helping your cause. It just feels like rage directed towards one dude.

If you've worn the shirt that you have claimed to have worn, in honor of who you say it is? You would understand why asking him if he has changed his positions on the topic of race, would indeed help the cause. It was mentioned earlier that the mods on this site would often ignore the complaints made by Black people on this site, in regard to how this place is moderated. There is a reason why a racist like jrepp23 feels comfortable to say the things he says.

He is indeed a racist.

Back
Top Bottom