Does NT listen to Reggaeton?

being from NY.. youre exposed to music from the islands heavy. depending where you are at least.

i been rockin with the reggaeton since I was a youngin catching dubs at house parties.

very happy to see it evolve and thrive. its literally everywhere. all the spanish shorties i know, i hop in they whip and they got the spanish trap playlist for like 30 exits.

i remember Down by rakim y ken y knockin through speakers and apartment buildings like a decade ago. seeing arcangel evolve, daddy yankee, and others catch the wave is dope.

ozuna and bad bunny doing something to the game right now thats unbelievable. seen this super bad dominican joint walking her kid home from elementary just singing Ozuna dumb loud no care in the world. i love her.

i think the spanish language, whether its mathematically or subconsciously, is more melodic than english. either that or the culture lends itself to harmonies and melodies more willingly. so combine that with the hard hitting trap beats and take some of the trap flows, and we got a hell of a new wave.

for me, I knew it was a problem when I was walking and I heard the panda beat knocking down the block. but it was in spanish, in my head im like "yo the transition is flawless, i hope they hit every beat"

low and behold like 2 years later this sheet is everywhere

that makina song just launched like a title wave...its like someone pressed a button and boom...

doesn't feel all da way organic thou...

anyways...

tuff...

that makina song just launched like a title wave...its like someone pressed a button and boom...

doesn't feel all da way organic thou...

anyways...

tuff...

Shows how late we are in the US.
This song was going HARD when I was in Spain last summer.
Track is flames.

I stay slappin’ the older, J Balvin and InfinityMusic out in Colombia brought it back shout out to my Colombianos, reggaeton was dead for a minute. Gawdaaaaamn this beat slaaaams on my system.

Last edited:
ninjahood ninjahood Dudes on NT are being delusional and in denial. I could spazz out on all of them for the ignorant ish that they be posting, but I rather not cause that's what they want.

In the past I would of responded, but I've decided to do things differently now, cause I could come with facts but it won't matter. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Like these dudes on NT thinking that the Reggaeton artists rock cowboy boots WTH. They must be confusing us with banda cause the only boots that the Reggaeton artists rock are Timbs and Chelsea boots.

And that lie that Reggaeton is biting Reggae. If that was the case then why haven't they done a massive protest in Jamaica about how Reggaeton stole their sound and televise it. On the contrary the people/artists from Jamaica be digging Reggaeton, so much that they have even collaborated with them.

Prime Examples:

Tito "El Bambino" & Beenie Man

Farruko & Sean Paul

Also the Reggaeton producers make the beats sound more diverse, fusing the drums with sounds/instruments from other parts of the world. This is not an opinion, it's a fact.

Dudes on NT stay being salty cause musically REGGAETON still holds the CROWN!

Being South American myself, I embrace all our music genres I’m very proud to be Latino. From our samba batucada here to the Reggaeton dembow salsa merengue mambo bachata rumba Cumbias Colombianas to name a few genres is taking the African roots we Latinos have and trying to do our own thing with it.

But C I agree if Reggaeton stole the whole reggae sound Jamaica would put that **** on blast, if anything Jamaica and the Caribbean all **** with each other it’s all love. Not to mention I listen to a lot of dancehall and afrobeats as well.
Top of it all I also love my AfroAmericanas / black women. Black women love us Latino brothers hahahaha from my experience anyways.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom