Does Paypal Protect Sellers At All?? Vol. Yes, Another Scam Thread

now that's scary. you literally did everything right as a seller and still ended up getting scammed. hope it works out.

Last edited:
Good point. I'll look into it and see if I can cause some problems for him. People like this deserve every bit of trouble that comes their way.

Anyone else that would like to help feel free to PM me for his additional info.

I'll say this again, base personal more than likely opened and inspected the package before giving it to him so it is possible he is telling the truth. It's also possible that this is part of the scam, having his boy who works in the base post office steal the contents of the package and then forward it. I'd contact the base and inquire about the package mentioning it's weight and what you expect happened. Talk to a supervisor.

I'll say this again, base personal more than likely opened and inspected the package before giving it to him so it is possible he is telling the truth. It's also possible that this is part of the scam, having his boy who works in the base post office steal the contents of the package and then forward it. I'd contact the base and inquire about the package mentioning it's weight and what you expect happened. Talk to a supervisor.

i second this.

not every buyer is a scammer and not every seller is a scammer. there are HOLES on both sides...

however, I will NEVER understand how paypal can side with a noob buyer versus a seasoned seller...

If you sent them with tracking and insurance and they didn't get there (your weight when being mailed proves there was something in the box and he claims he got nothing) then claim on the insurance. They should be able to check what happened.

This is type of scam really hard to avoid.. selling your stuff on ebay/paypal then the buyer will claim you send send a box of rocks. or claiming you sent a fake shoe!

then buyer will send a "fake" shoe back to the seller (keeping the real one) scammer will get his money back too. :smh: its really hard to be a seller nowadays.

OP is lucky enough that the scammer claim to received an "empty box" and not box of rocks.

all these threads about being scammed is what makes me not post my stuff up, even though i have done a lot of transactions and im not a ****** about it... I pay attention and if something seems fishy i say nope...

i feel like the dudes getting scammed are low on the IQ scale, because they like ship first or do stuff like that... or dudes send payment as gifts...

I swear i had a friend who decorated his whole house and wardrobe from doing this scam. 4 ebay accounts 4 paypal accounts. Bought a 60 inch tv , shoes, ipad and more by doing fake disputes. I always said it pays more to be a buyer then a seller.

But to the OP, the buyer probably did a credit card charge back

I swear i had a friend who decorated his whole house and wardrobe from doing this scam. 4 ebay accounts 4 paypal accounts. Bought a 60 inch tv , shoes, ipad and more by doing fake disputes. I always said it pays more to be a buyer then a seller.

Sounds like a great friend

Not to thread jack but I refunded someone on ebay thinking they would just hold the funds til he sent back the nintendo 3ds I sold him well th gave him his money back right away and I have yet to get th 3ds back.. I of course would not of refunded him first knowing the situation I reportd it to ebay and they haven't said a word .. If anything ima call them tomorrow I think it's crazy they would refund him with out me getting my stuff back..

Op I hope all works out for you

Update: Paypal decided NOT to review the case 
mean.gif
mad.gif

Depending on the insurance claim now. I honestly have no idea how people can be ok with scamming others like this. Dude deserves to be shot in the leg for this bs. Not like the $200 is gonna hurt me, but still, you just don't do people like that.

Those people always get theirs in the end. I honestly feel bad for people like that.

Update: Paypal decided NOT to review the case 
mean.gif
mad.gif

Depending on the insurance claim now. I honestly have no idea how people can be ok with scamming others like this. Dude deserves to be shot in the leg for this bs. Not like the $200 is gonna hurt me, but still, you just don't do people like that.

From the mouth of the the supervisor of the PayPal claims department, if a buyer files a chargeback, there is NOTHING PayPal can/will do about it. I was in disbelief so I asked him to repeat himself, and then I asked him what would stop people from filing numerous chargebacks and defrauding sellers like the guy on this page mentioned, he said simply "that's a concern, but there's nothing we can do."

Dang sorry op it didn't work out in your favor... That's why I quit selling my shoes online and stick to Craigslist

I never had this happen to me but I always put in my Paypal notes no refunds

Last edited:
Dang sorry op it didn't work out in your favor... That's why I quit selling my shoes online and stick to Craigslist

I never had this happen to me but I always put in my Paypal notes no refunds
You think by stating no refunds that ebay/paypal wont forcibly take the money from you and give it back to the seller ?

Your friends a D bag. He is probably scamming you and you dont even know it.

That's weird because some douche did that to me 4-5 years back. I provided the tracking shown as delivered and Paypal ruled in my favor.

edit: actually now that i think about it, his claim was he never authorized the transaction and i was able to provide communication through ebay that showed him negotiating the price.

so both ebay and paypal screw the sellers over now. we should have two nters do a transaction legitimately, then have buyer file the same claim, publicizing our moves along the way to show that merchandise was shipped and received and yet paypal's flawed system will screw over the one telling the truth.

Last edited:
That's weird because some douche did that to me 4-5 years back. I provided the tracking shown as delivered and Paypal ruled in my favor.
He did say he got the box, he just said it was empty. 4 lbs of emptiness.

Back
Top Bottom