Does Paypal Protect Sellers At All?? Vol. Yes, Another Scam Thread

I am convinced that Paypal completely disregards evidence in these dispute cases
mean.gif

I'll try to keep this short..

I sold a guy a pair of used Lebron Cannons through Paypal, account was confirmed and everything. Shipped them through USPS with Tracking + Insurance.

They arrive a week later. He opens a case saying he received an empty box. Provides no evidence except saying "My wife received the package today and when it was opened nothing was in it. Please explain."
mean.gif

I instantly call Paypal, wait on the line for 30 minutes, explain that I have a perfect track record with Paypal and Ebay, blah blah blah, ask what I can do to protect myself. The rep assures me it will come out in my favor and tells me to provide the USPS receipt with the weight of the package on it and I should be fine.

I upload the receipt, explain in the description that an empty box doesn't weight over 4 LBS and chill out thinking it will be fine.

Wrong.
mean.gif

Case closed today. Ruled in favor of scammer.

So I call back today going off, asking how they can explain the package being empty but it weighs over 4 LBS, asking why he wasn't asked to provide any evidence, etc, and the rep says "I see your point sir, I will see if we can revisit the case, I put in a request and you should hear back from us in the next 24-48 hours as to WHETHER OR NOT we revisit the case."
mad.gif

I know people make these threads almost daily. But seriously, what the hell am I supposed to do?

Scammers info:

Michael Roach

roachkid1013@gmail.com

Dude is on a military base too
mean.gif

Last edited:
You can appeal any decision made by paypal in the resolution center. If the buyer contacted them and gave a good story the rep has the ability to close the case in their favor. You have to be proactive in contacting them, in a RESPECTFUL manner, and everything should be fine. If worst comes to worst you can file a claim with the the post office saying the item was lost or damaged (or stolen from inside the package) since you did have insurance on it. 9 times out of 10 if someone has the ability to file a chargeback with their CC company paypal will decide in their favor just so they don't have to fight a chargeback which they will never win. If you make a fuss about it they usually will go back and make it right.

Oh, and I always have to fill out a customs form to declare the contents of any package going to a military base which means they will, on occasion, open the package to see if what is declared is actually in the box or to make sure there are no prohibited items. So it is a possibility someone opened the package, stole the shoes and forwarded the empty box to the guy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. Like I said I spoke to a rep and she said she would try to appeal it for it me but even still I have no clue how they could possibly rule against me, given that I provided proof and he didn't. What kind of customer support is that?!

It's stories like this why I will never sell through eBay. I'd rather take my kicks to RIF L.A. or FCLA. I know everyone doesn't have access to consignment shops, but the nightmares you guys share on here are crazy.

paypal is a joke i dont know why people still say its the safest method of paying scamming is so easy for both seller and buyer. theres even ways to get around new seller limits its a joke really

people can win cases with no proof.......good job paypal >D

i cant deal with them anymore. might as well send a money order.

My mind is literally blown. The rep had not 1 intelligent reason as to why they ruled in the buyers favor. Not one. Then to tell me that they WILL SEE if they can revisit the case.
mean.gif

Is there any other option for selling other than Paypal?

Someone almost scammed me for an iphone I was selling on ebay. I have a few things I want to sell, but with all the scammers around I rather them sit and have dust grow on them. :smh:

get him dishonorablly charged form the military. its sick that someone like that is "protecting" our country

I almost had the potentially biggest L of my life was at the hands of Paypal.  I sold off some kicks to the tune of roughly $900 about 8 years ago.  Shipped to a confirmed addy with signature required for delivery.  Went through a 4 month "investigation" process, sent them ALL documentation, signed delivery ticket and all.  Still lost the case, losing $900 and most of my shoes at 17 years old = priceless.

Fortunately, I was able to get the money into my account before the shenanigans began.  Paypal left me with a negative balance and eventually sent me to a collections firm, needless to say I didn't pay up and 7 yrs later the hash mark is off my credit report.

F U paypal

Last edited:
Biggest L of my life was at the hands of Paypal.  I sold off some kicks to the tune of roughly $900 about 8 years ago.  Shipped to a confirmed addy with signature required for delivery.  Went through a 4 month "investigation" process, sent them ALL documentation, signed delivery ticket and all.  Still lost the case, losing $900 and most of my shoes at 17 years old = priceless.

This is not good news for me then
sick.gif

Might be a bit tedious, but I recommend that you record yourself packing the box at the facility (USPS, FedEX, UPS) and physically handing the package over to the sales rep. Make sure you record the shipping label to capture your address, seller's address & the tracking #. Upload the video to youtube in the event you lose/break your phone. People might look at you crazy but it is good to have in the event a situation like this arises.

It's stories like this why I will never sell through eBay. I'd rather take my kicks to RIF L.A. or FCLA. I know everyone doesn't have access to consignment shops, but the nightmares you guys share on here are crazy.
OP didn't sell through ebay tho.

OP, did you ship to the confirmed addy? And you need to drop more info. Address and phone number are needed.

Might be a bit tedious, but I recommend that you record yourself packing the box at the facility (USPS, FedEX, UPS) and physically handing the package over to the sales rep. Make sure you record the shipping label to capture your address, seller's address & the tracking #. Upload the video to youtube in the event you lose/break your phone. People might look at you crazy but it is good to have in the event a situation like this arises.
This is the ONLY way if you are dealing with paypal.  Paypal will ALWAYS side with the buyer unless you have BULLET PROOF evidence.  

I definitely shipped to the confirmed address.

I have his address but I thought that was a violation of NT rules?
nerd.gif

I also did withdraw immediately, but now they are just taking the money I'm making from a few recent Ebay sales to make up for the negative balance I have.

This whole situation is a nightmare.

Last edited:
Contact his military base, explain the situation and let them know you will be pursuing legal action. You could probably get him an unhonorable discharge.

I shipped to a military base, their city/state info is different. APO/AE was used for the city/state info.

If I contacted his military base they most likely would disregard since he won the case. I just want my damn money back man.

If you contacted his military base or a police department with the conflicting information and are persistent about it, you can get results.

You have the receipt that has the packages weight on it which is proof you didn't ship an empty box whereas he's lying making a false claim.

His actions are a reflection of the military and the base he's at and if you can make the case he's commiting fraud from their base it will be a problem for him. Hell when contacting them I would make mention that you plan on contacting local newspapers in regards to the fraudulent activity going on from that military base. They don't want negative publicity.

Good point. I'll look into it and see if I can cause some problems for him. People like this deserve every bit of trouble that comes their way.

Anyone else that would like to help feel free to PM me for his additional info.

Last edited:
smh at paypal.....minus well be scampal

how do that not have an excuse or reason that scammer won the claim.... its the basis of the damn issue ...how does that even make sense

Back
Top Bottom