Dolphins agree to deal with Long, will select OT No. 1 overall

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Originally Posted by paidndade

I think he got like 5 years, $57 million with $30 million guaranteed. That's what I heard on Sirius Radio so the numbers may be off. Listening to them, that's a great deal for Long, because if he lives up to being a dominant tackle then he's renegotiating in 4 years.

ya that's exactly what the deal is.
I think I'm going to cry for the rest of the night.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Now I wonder where we go in round two with out picks. We need

WR
CB
S
DL
DT
OG
QB
WR
CB
K
OT
DT
DL
TO
LS
SS
FS
WR
RB
FB
QB
QB
QB

Other then that, we're good.

smh.gif
Take off RB and maybe K.
You forgot we need a Punter

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

5 years, $57 million with $30 million guarenteed.

roll.gif
This is just stupid. Something needs to be done. $11M a year for a guy who hasn't played a down? And a LT for that matter? A QB goes #1 next year, and he's probably asking for $14M/year with $35M guaranteed.

I agree 100%. As overpaid as NBAers and MLBers are, they dont see that kind of money until their late-20s.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

I think he got like 5 years, $57 million with $30 million guaranteed. That's what I heard on Sirius Radio so the numbers may be off. Listening to them, that's a great deal for Long, because if he lives up to being a dominant tackle then he's renegotiating in 4 years.

ya that's exactly what the deal is.
I think I'm going to cry for the rest of the night.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Now I wonder where we go in round two with out picks. We need

WR
CB
S
DL
DT
OG
QB
WR
CB
K
OT
DT
DL
TO
LS
SS
FS
WR
RB
FB
QB
QB
QB

Other then that, we're good.

smh.gif

People tend to forget about Ronnie Brown, with the numbers he was putting up before he got injured last season it was looking like he was headed to the ProBowl....

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

5 years, $57 million with $30 million guarenteed.

roll.gif
This is just stupid. Something needs to be done. $11M a year for a guy who hasn't played a down? And a LT for that matter? A QB goes #1 next year, and he's probably asking for $14M/year with $35M guaranteed.

I agree 100%. As overpaid as NBAers and MLBers are, they dont see that kind of money until their late-20s.
They need to work out some kind of rookie structure like the NBA has...that seems to be the one with the most balance for both sides...MLB is toorestrictive and NFL is just crazy.

They will take the entire 10 minutes, to cushion their moves for rounds 3-7. Picks are usually subject to a lot of static around those times, and teams, smartteams usually use every second they can to make their picks...Regardless if they pick first or not.

Back
Top Bottom